Chapter 7

Not Edited
Panem High Chapter 7
Peeta's POV

Plutarch looks shocked when I look at him, he's just staring at the kitchen door.

"Can't you do anything?!" I blurt.

He sighs. "I'm afraid not"

"What why?!"

"I can't say, but you guys have to leave now" He says.

"Why?"

"She'll do it to you too"

"W-what about Kat?"

"She's used to it, but never this bad but it has been close. But i'm telling you, leave now while you can"

"Can you atleast try to unlock the door then?"

He sighs. "No, you can only lock and unlock from the kitchen"

"Oh"

"Okay, it was nice meeting you, you should leave now" He says, leading us to the door and closing it behind us.

"Guys go home" I say.

"What?! We can't leave Kat!" Annie says.

"Don't worry! I have it under control, just go home together and if i call one of you, come to Kat's house okay?"

"Okay" They all mumble and walk off to Johanna's house. I sprint the opposite way toward the bakery where I know my dad and brothers will be. I run in and my two brother look at me confused as I'm huffing and puffing, breathing really heavily.

"Whats up with you?" Michael questions me.

"I-It's Katniss" I mutter still breathing heavily.

"What the girl you haven't stopped talking about since she started your school?" Rye asks.

"Shut up! And yes"

"Right, you ran all the way here because of her?" Michael asks.

I nod. "I need you guys and dad quickly"

"Why, whats happened?" Rye questions.

"I'll explain on the way, I'll close the bakery, you two get dad and put your aprons away, quickly!"

They rush off while I close the bakery then a few minutes later they all come out and I start pulling them into a run.

"Will you just tell us?!" The three of them say as we appear outside Katniss' house.

"Fine!" I say. I'm about to say something when I hear a big blood hearted scream. "K-Katniss" I stutter.

"That was her?"

I nod

"Right now tell is why we're here!" My dad says to me. Another scream of pain is heard, and another and another.

"That's why we're here" I say.

"What's happening?" Rye asks.

"H-her mother I-is b-b-beating her I-in the k-kitchen" I stutter.

"But you just came from here! Why didn't you help?" Michael asks.

"Cause the kitchen door is locked from the kitchen and that's the only way you can lock and unlock it!" I say

"Right.." My dad says.

"I need you to help me knock the door down"

"Ohh" The three of them say.

I walk through the door and see Plutarch and Prim banging on he kitchen door, begging the mother to stop. Of course she just kept hitting, by the sounds of Katniss' pain sounds, she's doing it harder each time. Plutarch and Prim notice me and come over.

"Why have you come back?" Plutarch asks.

"To help you with Katniss, I'm her best friend. The least I could do is help!" I say.

I look back and my brothers and dad, they just stand there shocked.

"She's the presidents daughter?" Rye asks.

"Step-daughter" I reply.

"So anyway, how are you gonna help?" Prim asks.

"Well I have my 2 older brothers and dad to help us take the door down"