Chapter 1

Edited
Panem High Chapter 1
Peeta's POV

Beep Beep Beep Beep

I wake up knocking my alarm clock off. I look at the time; 6am. Ugh, Monday today. Oh well, I get to see my friends. We were all busy last weekend so we didn't have time to hang out together.

I get out of bed and head over to my wardrobe and pick out a pair of jeans and a checkered red, yellow and blue shirt. I head over to my bathroom and take a shower then get dressed. I do my hair then head downstairs and have breakfast.

"Morning Peet," my brothers; Rye and Michael greet me.

"Morning Rye, morning Michael." I reply sitting down eating a piece of toast. After that I go back upstairs and put my red converse on, brush my teeth, grab my phone and bag, and go back downstairs. I grab my keys then walk to school.

I get to school and walk over and sit at the tree, it's where me and my friends always meet at every morning before the bell goes for registration.

After about 5 minutes I see Delly. I get up once she sees me and runs into my arms. I spin her around and kiss her. God I love this girl. Once we break, I put her down and see my friends are walking over.

"Hey guys." I say smiling at them as I sit down with Delly at my right. They all sit down and we start chatting.

"Hey have you heard?" Cato ask us all.

"Have we heard, what?" I answer him, with a confused look.

"There's a new girl moving here!" Marvel pipes in excitedly.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah, apparently she's smoking hot too!" This time, Gale pipes in.

"That's nice, we haven't had anyone move here in ages." I say.

"She's apparently already moved here. But she's visiting here today, she's really posh too. So no doubt she'll hang round with Madge and her minions." Marvel and Cato roll their eyes after Marvel's comment.

When the bell goes we all get up and walk to school. We see a car pull up and a girl climbs out with a man. She's wearing a tight navy dress with a gold belt, with navy heels. The dress is hugging all her curves, Gale was right, she's hot. She has long wavy brown hair that goes down to her waist. She walks down the path when she spots something over by us. Me, Delly, Cato, Clove, Marvel, Glimmer, Gale, Johanna, Finnick & Annie look around us wondering what she could possibly be looking at.

I see Gale studying her closely. What is he looking at her for?

"Guys..." Gale finally says.

"What?" We all say in unison.

"L-look, she's the presidents daughter." He says stuttering.

"Oh my god yeah! Imagine if you were her boyfriend! You'd be so lucky but you'd be in the proper shit if you broke her heart." Cato says.

We all start discussing her being the presidents daughter when we hear something.

"Gale?" We turn round to see the girl. "Oh my god, Gale!" She squeals excitedly.

"Catnip?" Gale replies uncertainly. She nods. He smiles, showing his glowing white teeth.

"You guys know each other?" I ask the two of them while they smile at each other stunned.

"Y-yeah," Gale replies.

"I-I thought I'd never see you again!" She bursts into tears, running into his arms. He immediately hugs back, picking her and spinning her around while her face is in his shoulder and her arms around his neck. He finally puts her down and she hugs him again before letting go.

"S-sorry." She stutters, wiping her tears away and brushing her dress off and getting the creases away.

"Care to introduce?" Marvel asks Gale.

"Oh, this is Catnip," Gale says.

"Catnip?" I question with a confused face.

"It's Katniss, he calls me Catnip though." She says smiling at him and playfully hitting his arm.

"How come you've moved here Catnip?" Gale questions her.

"Oh well, my mother re-married and moved here" She says to him.

"Oh, I'm sorry Catnip. But how did she get the president?" He says looking guilty hugging her.

"It's fine. I'm just having a hard time as he is trying to get me to accept him as my new father but I refuse to." She says as Gale lets go from the hug.

"I don't blame you Catnip! I wouldn't either," He says. He looks at her as if it shows a 'tell me the rest later' look. She nods.

"So, Why does he call you 'Catnip'?" This time Cato questions.

"Oh well, when we first met he asked me what my name was and I whispered 'Katniss' to him, but he thought I said 'Catnip' so he said to me 'What brings you out here then Catnip?' so I replied saying 'it's Katniss not Catnip!' and he's called my Catnip ever since like it's my nick-name from him now." she says smiling.

"Ohhh," We all say in unison again.

"Sorry. I didn't get your names" She says changing the subject, coming out from Gale's hug.

"I'm Peeta, this is Delly, Finnick, Annie, Cato, Clove, Marvel, Glimmer, Johanna and you obviously know Gale." I say pointing to each one while saying their names.

"Oh, nice to meet you..." She says giving a little smile.

After a few minutes of silence between us all. We here a yell.

"Katniss, come on!" A man which I'm guessing must be Plutarch calling her.

"Coming Reid!" She says a little pissed while rolling her eyes as she has her back to him.

Guess it's not Plutarch then. Must be one of his workers.

"I guess I'll catch you later Catnip?" Gale says as she turns round.

"Yeah, I'll see you at lunch" She smiles hugging him before walking over to the man and walking into the school.

➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶➴➶

Update: okay so I edited some of the grammar and spelling. I also added and removed some parts so it made more sense (: