Chapter 16

Not Edited
Panem High Chapter 16
Finnick's POV

Everyone has now left, it's just the group and Peeta's brothers.

We all look at eachother confused except Gale.

"Where do you think she's gone?" I ask.

"I think I know.." Gale says.

"Well lets go!" Johanna says.

"We should leave her be" Gale says.

"Why?" Glimmer asks.

"'Cause it's a little bit personal. I don't want to say just in case she hasn't told you.." He says gesturing to the girls.

"Oh, can't you tell us? I'm assuming you've told the boys.." Annie says.

"Fine, her dad died in a mining accident when she was 8. She's probably gone to see him" He says.

The girls gasp. "Oh my gosh!"

Gale's phone rings. "It's Kat" He says answering it, putting it on speaker. "Catnip?"

"Daddy, I finally did it. I'm free!" She sobs.

"Butt-dialed" Cato says. Gale puts his finger to his lips to shut him up.

"I don't have to go to the Capitol ever again, well..only once more but then I can finally get away from it and go back to where I belong. Where our family belongs.." She continues to sob.

"I just wish you were still with us. I couldn't stand it when mom married Plutarch. She lied, she said she'd never love again"

"I put up with him for nearly 5 years. He led me on. I trusted him and he did this to me! I won't even talk to mom anymore, she tries to make convosation with me but I totally blank her. This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't died. I still would have won the games but we'd all be living in the Victors Village all happy. But no, that stupid mine killed you and mom married Plutarch and done this to me! My life will never be the same now. Everyone knows what happened and what my job was in the Capitol. Their all calling me a "slut" and a "whore" but it was my job! I mean, I couldn't even stop it, I was basically forced to. They controlled me! It doesn't help I got pregnant from being raped! I keep telling the group I'm a danger to the group and to their social life but they won't believe me! I mean, I could wreck their life if people saw me with them. Why can't they just listen to me and stay away from me! Oh well, I'll be gone soon, then the group can be happy and all the haters can be happy.."

"I just wish I could see you once more and you could help me with all this, not just me talking and you not being able to reply.."

"I'll see you soon daddy, love you"

Gale quickly hangs up then looks at us shocked.

"Sh-she's g-gonna k-k-kill h-herself?" Rye stutters, still shocked.