Chapter 24

Not Edited
Panem High Chapter 24
• when they're back home •
Katniss' POV

Me and Peeta haven't spoken since he admitted he likes me back in the interview. We haven't been awkward around each other, we just haven't spoken.

I just totally jinxed myself then, cause who comes and talks to me? Peeta.

"Kat, can we talk?" He asks.

"Uh sure, I guess" I reply.

We both walk to the meadow in silence. When we get there and sit down.

"Look Kat, I know you said you didn't want to be in a relationship but I do really like you in a more than friends way" he says with his head down.

"I like you too, I only said that in the interview is because the Capitol don't want me to have a relationship because they want to use me, and they can't if I'm with someone. But I really want to be more than friends too" I say.

His head shoots up with a beaming smile on his face. "Really?" He asks still with a smile planted on his face.

I nod smiling at him.

He doesn't say anything, he just leans in and kisses me. I wrap my arms around his neck while his arms snake round my waist. We pull apart and rest our foreheads together with smiles beaming on our faces.

"Kat?" He asks.

"Yeah?"

"Will you do the honour of making me the happiest seventeen year old boy ever by being my girlfriend?"

I nod, smiling. "Yes Peeta, I will" I reply.

We kiss again.

"I love you Peeta, forever and always"

"I love you too Kat, forever and always"

I smile as he sits me in his lap. I rest my head in his chest as he strokes my hair.

We just sit in a peaceful silence.

"Peeta, how are we gonna tell the others?" I ask him.

"Sleepover?" He says smirking.

I nod. "good idea"

"You could go get a drink from the kitchen and I get popcorn but when someone has an empty cup though, so when they walk into the kitchen to get a drink they catch us kissing" he says.

"Your so devious" I say poking his chest smirking.

"That I am" his says laughing.

I get out my phone and text the group and the girls.

Me: Sleepover at mine tonight?

I get a bunch of 'okay's.

"Step one done!" I say smiling.