Chapter 32: a djinn

The debris smashed into Aytuns mask. His eyes dead set on his target. He swung his axe with speed and ease. Yuri twisted and slunk around the deadly edge of the blade. Both moved as if it were a well practiced dance, each move flawless and enticing.

Clasping her fine hands together Yuri chanted.

"Inferno spiral!"

Again the air became dry and crisp as a great vortex of flame erupted out Yuri's mouth.

No dodging Aytun was far to close he had to bear it. The flame enveloped his body as it spun in a vortex fashion. A muffled scream escaped his hidden mouth. The flame bubbled and boiled his skin before it exploded exposing tender flesh and muscle. Most people would have died from shock, pain or a combination of both. Not Aytun he held onto his sanity through the unbearable pain shooting around his chiseled burnt body.

Yuri finally closed her mouth and the last of the spiralling vortex of fire disappeared. She looked at the steaming body of the two metre monster she was facing groan. A smirk spread across her face.

"Let this be a lesson to you! we Mage are far more powerful than you stupid order of one lackeys could ever imagine!" Her words venomous and direct.

Aytuns just stared at Yuri as he was finding the strength to move as his body still ached and smoked.

A cough spluttered out his mask before he spoke. "I am no lackey of the one! I am the right hand of the queen!

Bursting forward he ignored the fact he should probably be unconscious if not dead and swung his axe at Yuri's head. Flipping back she narrowly missed the blade yet it clip some air. Again his attack was as relentless as the last he swung up, down, left and right.

Again Yuri danced around his attacks he hit more building than her. As she dodged she held her hands together gathering mana for another onslaught.

"I won't allow you to perform another spell!

Smashing his axe into the ground it cracked forming a small earth quake leading the rocks falling all around them both. Yuri lost balance and her hands separated. Falling to the ground she was left dazzled as a rock landed on her torso.

Without hesitating Aytun lifted up his trusted axe launched forward and smashed down into Yuri.

"Impossible!" spat out Aytun.

His axe had went straight through Yuri. She looked up and smiled as flames enveloped her entire body.

"I am Yuri the fire djinn for a reason. Till we next meet fool."

And with her words spoken she melted away like paper on fire piece by piece the wind melted her away. Leaving Aytun in a collapsing building with burns covering more than half his body.

Aytun stood for a second taking in all that had just happened before smashing his axe into the floor once more screaming in intense anger and agony.