Chapter 7: A long ways away

“Well that is a shocker, two highest bounties in Skov are brother and sister and both polar opposites. A mage and a swordsman. Some would say destiny is keeping an eye on you.” Glace said as she gave Samth a towel to hide herself in.

Taking the towel Samth replied. “Thanks, you may be right. My world has been upside down since I left my home. It’s been a rolletcoaster. I haven’t really had time to take all it in.”

A smile on Glace face as she placed both her hands on Samth’s back. “I know what you mean. Now stand still, the bath I gave you allowed your body to relax and be at ease I will now administer the healing.” A green glow swirled around Glace hand and ran up her hands then twisted down and into the back of Samth. “Uzdrowic!” The words chanted.

A great relief embraced Samth she could feel warmth enter her and move her body around. The ribs no longer hurt and her nose cracked back into place. Sighs of relief left Samth’s red lips and a chuckle left Glace lips. “This is a long time coming Samth, your body is worn. I am amazed you have been walking in this state. I will need a good hour to heal you.”

Samth just smiled and her eyes closed.

“Where do I find the city of Gord?” asked Jmor.

The shop keeper he was talking to looked puzzled before he gave an answer. “Keep going north, in an about a week you should reach a great cross-roads. Once you reach it go east and for two weeks you should hit Gord.”

“I see thank you.” Jmor bowed his head and left the shop.

The town he was in was Sei. A stepping stone between the crossroads and the great south city of Lemt. Jmor walked through the cobbled streets as the sun looked down.

“It’s rather hot today.” Jmor said to himself as he walked through the streets,

Walking causally through the streets he looked at all the local merchants and their wares. Some exotic, some bland others useless. Every now and then as he walked Jmor would throw his long scabbard sword from hand to hand. He didn’t wear a belt to hold it, he believed it slowed down the process of taking it out. So he carried it everywere he went.  On his walk he encountered a large wall with paper nailed to it. These papers were many. Three stood out more than the rest; a small crowd was underneath talking about it. On the first was a picture of Espex Demon Walker, A large red cross over it.

“I can’t believe he is dead. His bounty was one hundred and fifty thousand gold. Who did it?”

“Official story is the Knights of One, unofficially it was her.” The man pointed up at a picture of Samth.

Jmor couldn’t believe his eyes. His little sister on a bounty wall and with a bounty of one hundred thousand. What had happened to her and why was she followed by the words The Angelic? Jmor needed to find her and get answers but that would take longer than a month. He needed faster transport.

The two men continued to talk “Look at that guy. Jmor the Reaper.”

Jmor couldn’t believe his ears his name was on the bounty. A picture him to boot. He had hoped to wander this country without causing problems but it looks like the previous country’s problems moved here as well.

Jmor quickly put his head down and shuffled through the streets to avoid detection but it was already too late. A group of white armoured knights had cornered him off. It must have been the shop keeper that’s why he was nervous talking to him.

“Jmor you are under arrest come quietly.” The knight boomed.

People in the street all stopped what they were doing and looked at the scene unfolding. Jmor was outnumbered ten to one.

“I suppose no and let me go is out the question?” smirked Jmor.

“Why you!” The knight unleashed his sword and swung down at Jmor.

Jmor sidestepped the attack and slammed his elbow into the knight’s throat. He smashed down gasping for air as his comrades jumped towards Jmor swinging their swords. The first swing went for his head but Jmor back flipped away. While in mid-air he unsheathed his sword and landed on his feet. Holding the scabbard in one hand and his sword in the other he was ready for combat.

The first to move was the knights experienced in the form of combat plus with the added war going on their skills at the top of their game. Two came from either side of Espex. Using the scabbard he blocked one side and with the sword blocked the other. Both hands now gone a third knight stabbed forward towards Jmor’s torso. Seeing this coming he dropped both his weapons and again back flipped backwards.

“Your teamwork is splendid. It has been a while since I have had to fight seriously.” Boasted Jmor as he suddenly threw a dagger from his back pocket into the skull of the stabbing knight. “Two down eight to go.” He said with a smile.

“Did you hear Espex is dead!” laughed a bitter old man in the pub.

“Yeah about time to all he did was cause problems.” Replied is equally bitter and ugly wife.

“The king should have killed him years ago the no good mage.”

“You’re always right my dear, this world is full of stinking mage, this mage purge war is what we need time to get rid of the bad and have more honest folks like us in seats of power.”

“What an interesting opinion you fine people have.” The voice belonged to Dypes, as he sat next to the old man at an old used wooden table.

“You think so sir?” said his wife.

“Indeed, If mage weren’t around their wouldn’t be all this trouble would there. Quite frankly I agree with you the mage do indeed need to be ridden off. “A smirk crossed both the bitter old couples face at Dypes speech. “May I ask have you ever seen a mage?” Both shook their heads. “Ah I see, well you are lucky what awful human beings they are. All they care for is power they will even kill their own just to get more of what they want.”

“I knew it! They are monsters!” spat the old man as he slapped his fists on the table.

“Indeed my old friends, how about a toast to likeminded people?” Dypes said with a sinister smirk on his face.

“Indeed.” Proclaimed the couple.

All three raised their glasses towards each other and as they all connected. Dypes whispered gently.

“Eliminar Alma”

Fear suddenly hit the old woman first as she felt her entire being suck through her arm down into her old hands, through the glass and into Dypes. The last thing she saw was Dypes smirk and whisper into her husband’s ear.

“I wasn’t talking about mages when I gave that speech, it was humans.”

In his last few seconds of life the old man regretting everything he ever felt for everyone and was completely remorseful of his actions. All little too late. Both bodies slummed gently on the table and Dypes got up and walked back over to the bar keep.

He cleaned a glass with an old white cloth as he spoke to Dypes. “What happened to them?”

The grin on his face even wider and his eyes giving off unease. “Too much to drink am sure they will sleep it off.”