Chapter 22: Exodus

The four royal guards all stood next to each other all smiling and puffing. Newt boomed with laughter and Isis chuckled as her eye colour changed to pink. Sitting on the body of a recently dead knight was Set a smirk was also plastered across his tired face. The entire legion had been wiped out in less than five minutes. The civilians that witnessed the amazing feat would tell tales for generations on what they witnessed. Set the sword saint dancing around the battlefield like water in a river. Newt crushing bones with each swipe on his earth sword. Knights being swallowed whole by their own shadows as Draik laughed walking through the chaos. Raptor and his giant changing the very ground beneath him with every swipe of the glass sword and finally Isis the untouchable dodging every swipe and stab of sharp blades and firing out fire from her hands.

“All this noise must mean someone did something of interest.” The voice belonged to an awoken Haya. Everyone looked at him as he emerged out the crowd and climbed over the now destroyed earth wall that protected the people. “With you four here we can use Exodus.”

Haya could have let their victory go on a little longer but time would not allow for it. An endless legion of knights stormed now in one direction, and that direction was the church.

Set just sat watching the conversation play out Zee walked over to him with a faint smile on her face he looked at her and gave a small wink. She blushed in response and a large smile spread across her face. “You did well girl. I watched you take down your enemy with style.” A small compliment compared the great feat Set and the others did.

“You have a problem with the plan Haya. You need five mage of title power to achieve the plan. I do not use magic.” The true words stung deep in the hearts of the royal guard and even to Haya.

Bitter hate spread across his face a rare sight to see in Haya. “Shit,” slamming his foot into the wooden floorboards of the church he cursed the very ground he walked on. “No one else here has the mana to channel what we need.”

“This is the end for you people it seems.” Draik’s words seemed more like taunts than words of comfort.

“If it is mana you need then I may be able to help.” Set said whilst he sat on the body.

“Set? What are you doing here? Aren’t you an enemy?” Said Haya in shock.

“Once, but I know side with mage. Do you still want my help?”

“What can you do? You’re a sword saint as I recall you don’t use mana.” Newt added.

“Wrong, most of us don’t, I however do. Well I do and I don’t. The weapons I use have mana I merely borrow it.”

Isis looked at Set with confusion and spoke “What madness do you speak?”

Standing up from his make shift seat Set took out the sword on his bottom left side. It was long and with a blade of pure white. The hilt of the sword was crimson red and on the blade a number of ‘eight’. Holding it in front of him a great surge of mana erupted from the blade and swirled around the room before it settled around the blade forming a larger blade almost a spear.

The remaining mage all looked in shock as did the royal guard and even Haya.

“An item with mana! That is almost unheard of.” Newt explained.

“It doesn’t matter it will do!” Haya said in a sudden burst of energy. Pointing to the ground Haya explained what needed to be done.” I need the four of you to stand around me as I stand in the centre. Then you will pour all your mana into the ground. I will then manipulate it and activate ‘Exodus’”

Everyone just nodded and stood around Haya. Clasping all their hands together they summoned what mana they had left and poured it into the very ground beneath them. Set stabbed his sword into the ground and mana shot into the earth. Standing in the middle the mana swirled around Haya and up into his beaten body.

“Will you be able to do this without a hand?” Isis said worried.

A smile crossed Haya’s blind face and he spoke. “Watch.” With his words gone the mana circled around his missing arm and slowly a yellow glow appeared. It took shape of an arm then as it took complete shape bandaged exploded out from Haya’s back and wrapped around the glow and then as if it was never gone Haya stood with both arms back.

“Amazing,” said Isis.

“Wouldn’t expect any less from you Haya.” Replied Raptor.

“Get ready!” shouted Haya as the mana started to surround the room and wrap around each and every person. “Ladies and gentlemen, you are about to be warped away to a distant location you may feel a slight discomfort, we thank you on choosing Haya travel and hope to see you again.”

A pop exploded in the ears of everyone in the room then one by one people disappeared in bubbles of light. At first it was slow then more and more until only a handful were left.

“Once you get to the location you all have your mission.” Turning to Set who was looking around with a smile on his face. “You, I hope you stay with us your help in the coming days will be vital.”

A nod came from Set before a pop and he was gone.

“See you on the other side friend.” Boomed Newt as he disappeared, then Raptor.

“Something is wrong! Why has the mana around you and Draik not moved?” Isis spat out in worry but before she could do anything she saw a sad smile on Haya’s face and boom she was gone.

Standing alone in the empty church and the distant sound of armour clanking of armour. Haya looked at Draik and he smiled.

“I never pulled out away because I need you to do something for me Draik.”

Taking of his mask the youthful face underneath was very serious and he nodded at Haya.

“You know better than anyone I am going to die. At the rate my body is losing grip I would say less than ten minutes. However there are things I need to do. I need you to do it.”

“Even if I do, you will only have an hour at tops. Your body has been too badly broken from light and mana abuse. You are lucky to have survived this long.”

“That is all the time I need. After you do it, please I need you to hunt down Dypes and Samth. I need you to free her from him. My last mission from Tate was to make sure she was away from his warped mind. She is after all the next Arch-mage.”

“Isn’t she young?”

“You haven’t seen her skill, but she is also very innocent. Espex showed her magic. Dypes will poison it to his view. She won’t be neutral. She will just be a puppet to his will. Tate cannot allow that and neither can we. Draik, she killed Espex and she did it in less than six months of knowing magic. Imagine four years or a decade. She will be a monster or she will be what we need. Another Skov.”

Walking towards Haya Draik opened his mouth and his long split fanged tongue came out. “Very well Haya, It has been an honour.” With a stab he sank his fangs into Haya’s neck.