Chapter 21: All Four Plus One.

The barrier around the churched rippled with a blue pool effect. The knights on the outside still kept their distance while firing arrows into the force field. Inside Isis stood looking out at the desperate knights hungry to enter. All they wanted was blood now the fact that all the innocent people of Gord held up inside the church mattered not now. This is what war did to people made them monsters on both sides.

“If you mage give up peacefully, we will spare the people after all this fight is about you.” The voice that boomed belonged to an old knight who was the leader of the legion outside the church. He didn’t wear his white helmet and he wore a long white beard with short white hair.

Isis knew it was a lie, they just wanted in. The words however planted a seed of hope in the thousands inside the church. People began to whisper and shout pleading with Isis to listen. She however did not. The other few mage inside the church all branched out and stood behind Isis ready for an explosion of emotion. Haya still out cold sat on an old branched wooden chair. Isis could do with Haya being awake he could maybe control the situation better than she was currently.

“Open the barrier you bitch!” screamed the older knight. He was on edge eager to let blood spill. His knights cheered with him.

Over a hundred easily numbers Isis and the few mage left could never dream of taking down. If Haya was in full condition it would be a number he would laugh at. Sadly he was missing an arm was probably out of mana and was out for the count. Isis cursed the fact she knew no healing magic.

Turning to his men the older knight grabbed one before throwing him forward towards the barrier. “Do it.”

As the knight reached the doors barrier he threw up his shield. Isis watched in horror as the barrier opened up to the shield and the knight could not believe that he survived. “The shields are anti-magic the barrier parts ways, Charge!” screamed the old knight as his men rushed with shields up.

Isis had hoped they would not figure it out but they did. The plan to dissolve anyone who got close enough to make them wary of it only lasted for so long.

“Mage make a wall to protect the people, then assault any and all who enter through the barrier this is it. Make your mana count.” Her words final.

A great wall of earth formed in front of the civilians as they screamed and scrambled as far back to the church as they could. Barely five mage and Isis stood at the other side with over a hundred knights.

“Shit!” spat out Set as he stood on a rooftop overlooking the church being invaded by knights. Zee stood behind him holding tightly to his baggy jumper.

“I better help they won’t last long.” Set looked at Zee before giving a small smile. “You stay here.”

“No I am a mage after all and thanks to you doing all the combat my mana has returned I can fight with you.” Determination in her eyes Set nodded in acceptance to her.

“Well what do we have here?” Set and Zee turned to be faced with a strange man wearing a white mask with no eye holes and a brown hood shadowing it.

Pointing one of his swords at the man Set spoke. “Who are you?” Unlike Zee Set knew this man was dangerous the feeling of fear surrounded Set. Zee could not believe it Set had brought out a sword in the time she was with him she hadn’t seen him do it.

“Draik one of the royal four guard.” His voice was youthful but slow and patient with a posh accent in the mix

“He is on our side.” Zee said as she looked at his blue armour.

Set looked stared at him for a few seconds before he lowered his sword. “You’re not human.”

A chuckle came from Draik and he responded with an answer. “Who is?”

Before Set could respond a great explosion of debris and dust hit all three of them as a large man stood in the middle. He held the body of a mage over his shoulder and four other mage followed behind him. Newt of the four stood in the centre of the blast.

Newt looked at the three who stood in front of him and smiled. “This is unexpected, Set the sword saint on our side, and Draik making friends?”

“Hush fool, I am here to help Isis. I could feel her fear from the other end of the city.”

“Good timing on all accounts, Exodus is in effect.” Said Newt in response to Draik.

The rumble and explosion of Newts entrance got noticed by the knights below and they screamed up in response.

“Nice going Newt, they know we are here now.” Sneered Draik.

“So is he.” Set said pointing towards the towering giant ripping its way towards the church. The giant was huge manly times bigger than any building, it was made of earth by was armoured with pieces of buildings and had a great sword made entirely of glass. Inside the great giants mouth stood a young man with blue armour and a great smile on his face.

“Let’s make a mess!” Screamed Raptor in excitement. The taunt was followed with a great swing of the giant’s sword and into the great legion of knights.

“Let’s.” Smiled Set as he jumped of the roof and took out two swords.

Zee watched as he struck the ground and burst forth dancing through the knights chopping away at flesh and bone. Draik stood on the roof and spread out his hand towards the knights. He then grasped tightly his left hand and the shadows of the closest knights emerged from the ground to wrap around their legs and torso. Some tried to run but who can out run their shadow. Swinging frantically the knights got sucked into the ground and a red smear was all that was left. Zee looked in horror and turned to Draik who now glided down into the battle field. Newt was the last to follow with his men running much like Set into battle with his stone earth sword he cleaved away at knights as his mage fired lightning bolts at the firing archers. Zee couldn’t help but feel very much outclassed in the battle she was watching. All four great mage and the sword saint verses a legion of knights. The poor knights had no chance.