Chapter 20: Sword Saint Lineage.

A great blast of wind struck forward ripping up the very floor boards of the great hall Coext and Tate stood in. The wave headed towards Tate as his four mana arms moved forward and grabbed at the air catching the invisible force.

“Been a while since I have witnessed the sword saint specialty.”

Coext chuckled as he swung his sword up onto his shoulder. “Yes a move one must master before calling oneself sword saint. Wind slash. Using the very force of your swing to split the air in two and use that wind to cut your enemy.”

Crushing the force the four mana arms caught Tate smiled at his old friend. “If I remember correctly it took you four months to learn it. The previous sword saint hated you didn’t he?”

“Yes he did. Silly old coot sword saint of agony. Mine is much better holy sword saint. Don’t even get me started on the newest sort saint. Uses four swords and has a lazy attitude. I met him once and he didn’t care at all about the wisdom I was trying to give him. Sword saint of quick draw indeed.”

“Sounds a lot like this situation Coext. There is still time give up the hunt on mage and live a life of peace.”

“I do this for peace Tate. Age has blinded you to reality.”

Both ran forward to each other. Slashing downwards Coext tried to finish the fight there and then but Tate caught the blade with his upper mana hands. With his sword caught Coext let go of the grip and punched forward towards Tate’s exposed torso. Again his arm was gripped by the other two mana hands. A great burning ran up Coext’s hands and the smell of burning followed.

“Mana this dense can affect the skin in many ways.” Tate said as he slammed his real right hand onto Coext torso and gathered more mana. “It will be quick.”

Before he could shoot out a beam of mana to kill the king an unexpected event happened. The king using his other hand used brute force and cut off his trapped arm at the elbow. Diving to the right just as a beam of mana shot forward and made a hole through the entire building onwards. Tate just looked at his king as he gasped for air trying to avoid his body from going into shock. Throwing his arm back at Coext and his sword at the other end of the hall Tate just watched Coext through his raven shaped mana helmet.

Looking down at his arm on the ground Coext picked it up as blood spewed forth from his self-made wound.

“It scares me how powerful you are. I really need to step it up don’t I?” Puffed out Coext as he picked up his dismembered arm. 

“I am afraid it is past that point friend. Even with a new upgraded body you still cannot beat wisdom and experience. You sat on a seat of power for years slowly losing skill while I practiced magic every day and continued to increase my skill. You say I got old friend but you are the one who truly got old. You got so used to waving a finger to deal with a situation you forgot to use your body as well. “

“I did.” Said Coext as he placed his arm back onto his elbow. “Thanks for the tip.” Tate watched as the kings arm melted back together and moved as if brand new. The burn marks from the mana grip still present but his arm reattached. “As you can see upgrades can be useful. From here on out, I fight seriously.”