Chapter 17: Patience

Arriving at the church Haya hit the floor. The wooden floor boards dirty with dust and the sound of panicked voices all around him. He could feel himself fade in and out of consciousness. The people in the church all normal people. Thousands of them. The church at one time could hold nearly all of Gord's citizens. Each year the ceremony to praise Skov for giving magic would be held and everyone would show up. Haya thought to himself that maybe this year it would not be happening.

“Out the way. “ Her voice high and there was a little chirpiness about it. “Haya look at you what a mess” said Isis as he pulled him up onto a chair. Her two coloured eyes had shown bright. One blue the other pink. Her long pink hair dropped over her blue runed armour. She was about the same height as Samth but with a lot more confidence. “What’s the situation?”

A tired Haya responded to her question. “Operation Exodus is now in effect. Asura have arrived, the gate has been lost.” With the words spoken he fell asleep. Isis just left him as she looked at his now missing right arm.

“I need a situation of the battle. Better than what you have said Haya.” Walking towards the entrance of the church she opened the large doors to be confronted by a large legion of knights. They all stood ready to fight yet not one would take the first step passed the door. Isis smirked “Dare not enter the door eh? No wonder your friends have already tried and have been fried.”  A sudden ripple appeared in front of the door and moved like water all around the huge church. “Water barrier nothing will get in, only out.” Clasping her hands together she began to chant. “Encuesta Agua!” A great spike off water left through the barrier and up into the sky. It reached just before the now white clouds before exploding. Isis stood still praying and gathering mana when the water reformed and shot back towards the barrier. In the second it hit she dropped her hands.

A mage ran up to Isis he was young but he wasn’t a novice. “What’s the situation?”

“Amun is fighting Jaq, The king is fighting Arch-Mage Tate, and Haya was right the gate is lost but Asura have shown up and are causing trouble in the fields. Raptor is fighting on his own against countless knights. Newt is making his way through the streets towards us with others. The sword saint seems to have defected and is protecting a mage and coming here. The only thing that has me worried is that Draik has gone silent.”

“Could he have fallen?” asked the young mage.

Isis looked at him and her pink eye turned yellow “If so then I fear for us.”

Blood escaped Amun’s mouth as he was hit in the gut again by Jaq.

“You are right to mold mana around your gut, if you hadn’t my fist would have entered you.” Slamming another fist into Amun’s stomach as he spoke. “Is this all you have? Aren’t you meant to be a titled mage? So far you aren’t much.” His gentle voice like daggers to Amun. A final crunch down of his fist onto Amun’s body broken body Jaq laughed.

Spitting up more blood Amun replied. “You are right.”

Jaq turned to see Amun sitting on the chimney he was sure he just knocked him off. Jaq turned down looked at what he was beating. It was one of his men’s dead bodies.

“What you thought it was going to be that easy.” Waving his finger back and forth with a sinister smile on his face Amin continued to talk. “You are right I am a titled mage. A unique title I like to think. You see people usually get titles for the magic they use or technique, for example Espex was demon walker because he had demon magic. Isis is the untouchable because she has never been hit in combat due to her gift. Tate is the wind god or something like that however.” Jumping off the chimney and onto the slated roof Amun continued. “My title is nothing to do with my magic or choice of it. You see they call me Amun the Mind Breaker.”

Jaq just stared at Amun unimpressed before he shot forth to punch him in the face once more. All he hit was the chimney behind Amun.

“You see, can you hit what isn’t real? I mean do you think I am even here? I might be or I may not be? I could have trapped you in an illusion and ran off. How can you say I haven’t and this is all in your mind? Or is it possible you are already dead and this is your hell. Always fighting the one who killed you and never being able to hit him?”

Using his elbow to spin around and attack Amun once more, this time he collided and Amun hit the ground face first. Jaq grabbed his arms and pulled snapping the bone from bone.

A chuckle escaped Amun in the ground. “If this was me that may have hurt, “A screen of smoke escaped the body and Jaq was once again standing were he stood at the beginning of the battle and Amun was on the now fixed chimney.

“Wanna try again?”