Chapter 31: Aytun hunts

Doing what he did was always easy for Aytuns. A monster of a man he was the queens hidden weapon. Everyone knew off the Barker brothers and their ways but no one knew of Aytuns. A face hidden with a mask. Large black dreadlocks and an axe that could split steel.

Unlike the Barker brothers his jobs were of the elite category. Very few Mage knew of him and were always taken by surprise. Whilst the barker brothers hunted any and all Mage as long as a bounty was placed.

His current hunt was Yuri the flame Djinn. A truly unique hunt the queen ordered her head as she was causing great uproar and damage to supply lines and barracks. He had been chasing this Mage for weeks now but she was always one step

His hunt and lead him to an old ruined castle on top oh mount Olym. Centuries ago it was the hold of great people the first Mage settled here but now deserted and left for nature to reclaim.

The walls covered in moss and the glass all gone. The great gate lay in ruins from time and large bricks missing from the ground making moving chaotic.

Great towers still stood looking over the court yard. Each with many windows capable of holding an ambush. This was probably intended when it was first built. Carefully walking through the ruins Aytuns listened out for the slightest noise. He knew his prey was here but what he hunted fought back. This wasn't a cat hunting a mouse. This was a bear fighting another bear. The smallest of mistakes and he would be dead.

Baring his large axe ready Aytuns walked into the ruins of what would have been barracks.

The further in the building he slunk the dryer the air became. Each gulp was dryer than the last and sweat poured out his large body.

"Crimson Fire Bomb!"

Aytun had fallen into a trap. In a split second he thought of every possible way to escape. Only one came to mind. Swinging his axe to his right he destroyed a supporting pillar and allowed himself to be buried in rumble.

The great flame that followed enveloped the room. Everything burnt, melted and blistered. This to would have been Aytun fate if it wasn't for his quick reactions.

Breaking up through the rubble he stood up axe in hand to be face to face with Yuri.

"Yuri your head belongs to me!"