Chapter 25: Victory

The clear smoke white ground of Gord stood silent as smoke rose up into the air, nothing but flat dust now remained. Once a grand city for trade and mage to gather, now a flat desert with no life. A city that took weeks to breach only took hours to destroy. Near the back of the city on the dry ground a crack emerged before an explosion of dust erupted forth. A hand followed covered in steel it was a gauntlet and it belonged to Amun. He crawled his way up onto the flat oasis. On his hands and knees he gasped in the clean air and looked around at his surroundings. Shock filled his face as he could not believe what the shock had done. Standing up on his feet he looked down the hole he came down from and thanked the gods he found a house with a deep basement. Luckily the energy stayed above ground had it not Amun would have perished as well. He was the only living thing in miles the great walls still stood but now they protected nothing. A little lost at what to do Amun just stared at the destruction of the city awe at what had done it. Then at the corner of his eye he caught the glimpse of someone moving at the far end wall. He was small but Amun could make out it was Jaq. The beam must have stopped sort of the wall and Jaq must have been in luck to be at the edge. A smirk crossed Amun and he laughed the fact that the person he toyed with still lived was great that meant he could break him later, but right now he needed to head to the meeting point.

The army of knights outside the main gate all stood in awe as they watched their king walk slowly forward. He was bloody and bruised. His young face heavy burned at one side, smoke still peeling off it. His arm also burning. What shocked them the most was two arms clenched deep into his torso were hanging off him? They belonged to Tate, his final move to bind Tate. The king in silence with tears in his eyes walked forward and his knights respected this and did not enquire about his injuries. What they saw as he walked passed and they glimpsed his back was horror. A back completely burned and peeling with blood and muscle. He held the hilt of a broken sword, the red clothe still at the very end. Blood dripped down as a trail. Lifting up his sword into the air the king spoke the words the knights needed to hear.

“Victory!”

Coext then collapsed onto the floor and all his knights rushed forward picking him up. Knights with basic first aid were shouted on first as others picked up their king and rushed forward towards base. Coext needed medical attention and he needed it soon. Even with a body of youth and increased power he was in a dire state, any other person would be long dead, yet he held on dire to keep his dream of peace alive.

Walking through the streets Dypes kept to himself and hummed to himself. Then a great wave hit him and he knew what had happened. This would change the country for sure, and it would impact on his mission. He stopped to watch a dark cloud move above head and he thought to himself the same was happening to the country, a dark cloud was moving forward but who was it. Was he going to be the dark cloud to rain away a country or was it other forces? Once tomorrow came he was going to make a decision, he was going to test Samth one more time at her best. This was the time to decide if she was going with him to meet his dad or to be left to her own devices.

A dark raven flew into the castle and the bird messenger took the small piece of paper of its leg. He skimmed the message before bursting out his small room covered in bird cages. He ran as fast as his small legs could take him, passed all the guards and nobles who inhabited the castle. Until he reached the main hall. He slammed into the hall doors as hard as his body would allow and he stumbled in. Bowing down onto his knees he screamed.

“Your highness word from Gord! We are victorious! However he has lost Gord and the king is in dire situation he needs medical mages!” His words loud and nervous.

With a gold crown on her head the queen looked down at the small boy who she knew took care of the ravens. Her face was young and her hair blonde and long. Her lips red with life and her eyes full of passion. She smiled and stood off her large white throne. She wore a long red dress and held a knitting needle and some yarn.

“You have done well to inform me, Send the mage at once and for your promptness you shall be rewarded ten gold.”

The boy just nodded and stood up before running to tell others of his orders.

“Stupid husband, who would have thought Tate, was so powerful. This is becoming a mess; it is time I took charge. Aytuns here.”

A figure suddenly popped out behind the queen’s chair and stood kneeling before her. He had long cornrowed hair and was large and muscled. His skin was dark and he wore a large axe on his back. His face was covered with a half mask covering his mouth but his eyes shown bright and red.

“My husband wants peace as you know, but he has been doing it all wrong. His goal is leaving this country in turmoil. The great knights are spread out with missions to protect the boarders and hunt mage. He is forgetting his people and the bounties. Aytuns listen to me; I want you to collect the top ten bounties. Dead or alive, except one. Samth he Angelic bring her alive to me. She was Espex partner she may hold a key to his unique magic my husband craves.”

Aytuns nodded and stood up his height towered over the queen, so much so he overshadowed her. His voice was deep as he inhaled through his mask. “As you command my queen.”

“One last thing Aytuns. Dypes, don’t let him touch you, I want his head.”

Aytuns just silently nodded before he walked out the chamber.