BELA

"So this means I win the BET!?", I say pulling myself out of his embrace

"Who said this!?", He instantly replied.
"Oh! You have kissed me right now... saying you will never leave me! What do you think the BET was about!?", I frowned at him with my hands folded.
"I am in no mood to lose $5000 to you! After all someone called me MONEY MINDED! I shouldn't prove her wrong!", He was playing with me, "You asked for 1 month! It's just 1 day...and me kissing you doesn't mean I want to marry you...or I regret my suicide attempt!"

He shook my head at him. He was ridiculous! Even if I am planning to marry him, it will be like adopting a stubborn kid!
"As a friend, I'll be there for your good always. I still feel you deserve better!"
Something stuck in my mind and I almost shout on him, "You took away my virginity! You claim you love me! You always want to stand for me! You have just kissed me again! My gloss on your lips is still at place. Everyone thinks we are made for each other. And now you are saying we are just friends!"
He tried to console me by holding me, "Bela...I don't mean that! You are so good... you need someone who could give the world to you....!"
He pissed me off to God knows what extent!

I just don't want to see his face now! I stormed off the room and he started following me, "Bela please listen...!"
I hear Vyom, "Now what!?"
I go to the dining table, "No nothing!", To Suhani, "I am hungry... have you made something!?"
"Yes! Fruit salad for now."
"Okay give me fast! My stomach is growling...", I say completely ignoring Mahir and everyone's eyes.

"Hey! Please try to make her understand..she isn't listening me!", He said with a worried expression.
"You both have made it a habit to fight all day! One is angry, another trying to persuade..and vice versa! I, Suhani and Pratham won't interfere now...solve your matters on your own! Act like adults!", Vyom said making me super happy...

Mahir was trying to become the Lord of eternal love! By granting me to a so called BETTER person! He had literally lost it! I regret on why I let him go that day, when Mom and Dad wanted him to stay. His empty brain worked so much, that he simply messed up everything and is no way ready to clear the mess!
I am going to face a hard time...and with these 'you deserve better' rants, it is becoming worse!

I decide to maintain a distance from him. One thing I was sure that he won't harm himself now, so my decision won't create any problem.

He tried to talk to me, but I didn't give him a damn and go to my bed.

Next day, I wake up with the alarm and went to Suhani to wake her up. She went to wake up Pratham and then, finally everyone was up. I was making coffee in the kitchen after I got ready for the college. Others were bathing, as far as I know.
I was engrossed in my instagram, when someone cleared his throat. I knew that someone. And so ignored.
"Oh c'mon Bela! We can stay normally...I mean like everyone. This ignoring thing doesn't go well with me and you know that!", He said.
Yes damn! That's why I am doing it.
I don't say anything and continue my work.
Just then, he held my elbow and pulled me to him, "Look at me!"
I tried to push him but like always I failed.
"Bela! I love you!"
"Don't say that when you don't mean it!", I said pushing him off.
"Bela.. I mean it. It's just that everything is complicated. My life isn't stable and you will mess up yours with me!", He said.
I sighed.
This boy is going to be the end of me!

"Okay! Now call everyone...let's have breakfast and leave, else we'll be late.", I said trying to drop the topic here.
He went. We had breakfast and left for the college. I noticed the 'what the hell' expression on Yuvi and Anu's face when they saw me and Mahir together. After all they plotted yesterday, something disastrous was bound to happen, if I hadn't showed some trust on Mahir.

Mahir is a delicate soul. All that goes on with him in his life, effects him brutally, be it good or bad! In these six months, I have dealt with him closely, I have known him closely!
Before I got to know about his life, I always thought he has a messed up mentality! But there has been something very ridiculous behind him, to which he has lived. I can't let him go that way or move on myself, for better. And the biggest reason is we both LOVE each other!

I settle down on my seat with him near me. Pratham suggested us to remain near each other at least in public, because none should get an opportunity to use our rifts. The rifts we don't even know exist.
Just then I see a girl entering the class, our old classmate, who was transferred to other college, our professor's daughter, Vish Khanna!
"Hey Vish!", Someone shouts.
She moves to that direction as whole class welcomes her back, except one, Mr. Mahir Sehgal!
Another girl, he messed up with! Shit!
About Vish Khanna, romours were heard that Mahir and she hanged out alot, when the college just started. 'Love at first sight' it was called. She the most gorgeous, and he the most handsome! What a combo! Plus, professor's daughter. Rich businessman's son.
But this didn't last for even a month, when Mahir stopped talking to her after they fu**ed! Yeah! I would call it that only. Depressed by his behavior, she went away without any complains. And now she's back again!

I didn't really care. I know Mahir is changed now. Also, I felt content on seeing the expression of disgust on his face, when he saw Vish. He did mention before that Vish was a closed chapter and he didn't like to open it again and again.
I look towards him to see what's going on.
He catches me eyeing him, "What!?"
"You doesn't seem happy!?", I raised my eyebrows.
"Can we bunk this class!?", He asked me without answering my question.
"No! It's our first class! I am not going to bunk.", I say with an annoyed face.
"Okay...just because we have to stay together..I too won't bunk!"
"Whatever!", And I looked away at the board as our professor came in.
After some time, I felt a warm hand on my palm under the table. Mahir. Intervening his fingers with mine.

I looked in his direction and found him focused on the board. All I could mumble was, "Thank you Vish!" as I heard him chuckling lightly.