BELA

Mahir struggled alot to free himself from Anu

Mahir struggled alot to free himself from Anu. I could see how hard he was trying, so that I don't misunderstand him. I was walking to my apartment and he was following me, "Bela! Just listen....Anu is my ex...and believe me! I haven't met her since almost two months!"
I opened my apartment and let him in. I can see he was worried.
"Bela please....!", He was trying hard.
"Mahir... you don't need to worry. I am okay with you calling me girlfriend and spending time with others. I still don't expect any loyalty from you.", I said and saw his face was dropped.
"Then with what do you trust me??", He said with an enthusiasm deprived tone.
"Just myself and nothing else...!"
"Then you will never get jealous of other girls who stick to me??"
"No!", I said confidently.
"I hate you then!", I turned to look at him, who was sitting on the couch with an angry pout.

This boy is impossible. I always thought that boys would love to have a girlfriend,who isn't jealous, and he is getting angry because of that. Sometimes I feel he seriously loves me.
Last night, the way he made me comfortable with him, that was so unlike Mahir. I left the door open because I thought I should show my trust on him.

I go to him, "Mahir...I told you the very day you came to me...I am not like others! You'll have a hard time with me!", I laughed and he looked at me intently.
When I started leaving, he pulled me back by grabbing my hand, so my both hands were on his shoulder and face very close to his.
"What gift you are giving me?"
I got nervous, "Anything you want!". I regretted saying this the moment I saw him smirk.
I retreated back but was still near him, "Be good Mahir! Am still not your girlfriend officially."
"So be my girlfriend officially! That'll be the best gift I ever receive.", He said looking straight into my eyes.
I thanked God that he just wants that. Although even that's not an easy thing. We have to kiss each other PUBLICLY! I stirred with a single thought of this. I have always been conservative about myself, not a single boy has touched me ever.
I shake my head in order to wash off the thought.
"You imagined me kissing you!", He laughed.
"No!", I knew my nervousness is visible on my face.
"I am not forcing you...!", Mahir said holding my hand.

I have always been very swift in taking decisions. I, at once abandoned the offers my rich father offered me to chose a simple life where I could earn for my own self. My parents were proud of my decision and they knew whatever I decide, I won't leave any chances to regret on it. Even for letting a person enter my life, my father always said he always supports my decision and my choice. I was glad.
I would kiss Mahir tonight.

While I was thinking this, I saw Mahir observing me.
"What!?", I asked him. He was still holding my hand and we were close.
I wanted to act using brain, but when he was before me, I could never help.
He smiled at me, "Bela...I know you want to use your mind and not heart..but you can't help it...even I am not able to."
He can understand me and that's enough.

He was leaving when he said, "I'll wait for my lady tonight at the party...I have asked Pratham to pick you up with Suhani!"
"Okay...!", I was leaning on the door frame.
"Close it...!", He said pointing to the door. I closed it smiling and somewhere admiring his protective side.

While I was getting ready for the party, I said to myself, "It can be just a relationship worth favours. I won't attach any feelings. Mahir is a friend and there is no problem in making it a friendship of benefits."
No matter how much I tried, I couldn't wash off the doubts, so I started thinking about it practically. No heart! Just brain! I was trying to explain myself that this is going to be something more than just sexual relationship.

I don't know why but I dressed up in blue, his favourite colour. When I reached the party with Pratham and Suhani, I felt a hand sneak through my waist. I looked up to find Mahir, as handsome as ever. My eyes trailed through his face and rested upon his red lips.
He slightly coughed bringing me out of the trance, "You are too fast! Bela!"
I looked away knowing blood has gushed to my cheeks....
"Oh my god, my 'don't give a damn' girl is blushing right now!", I hit him with my elbow and he let out a squeal.

We entered the venue, which was basically a Pub, with his hand on my waist. I could feel boys examining me, and girls glaring at me. Almost every girl here had a crush on him, and that was the reason there were too many people celebrating his birthday.
He took me to the drinks counter and offered me a Vodka shot.
I was not a drunkard, but I liked champagne.
He was probably one. He asked the waiter to make a strong one for him.
Later, he was called to cut the cake and he did it, holding me by his side all the time.
I saw his friends smirking at us. Don't know why, but I have observed them many times blinking and doing secret signals to him. I shoed it off thinking it was boy's stuff.
Then Mahir asked me to dance with him and I did it. Just when the song was about to end, he held me by my shoulders, "My gift..love!"
I was nervous instantly, and I could see he saw that.
"Bela...it's not a problem!", and he made me twirl in a circle as we danced.
"No! I'll do!", I said to which he stopped in mid tracks.
I could feel the crowd eying us and that made me hell more nervous.
I neared him, hearing some hooting and shouts from the background. It was Yuvi and Shaan probably.
He was standing still, and I brought my both hands around his neck, feeling his going around my waist.
This was the moment.
Just when I was not a centimeter distant from his lips, he brought his huge hoodie on us, covering us.
I closed the distance between us, and finally my lips were on his. I could feel his hold tightening around me. His lips brushed against mine and I felt butterflies in my stomach.
It didn't last for long, rather it was a simple peck.
I heard claps from the crowd, that brought me back to the world.
I tried to back away, when he brought me close again to hug him. I felt good, extremely beautiful at that moment.

"Thanks everyone for showering all your love on me today..and making this birthday special. Please enjoy the party as I am leaving for my personal celebration.", He announced on the mic and laughed.
Then he came down, taking my hand in his, "Let's go my GIRLFRIEND!", and took me to his car.
We left together to celebrate this new beginning of our life.