MAHIR

I and Pratham were playing the game, when Vyom walked in, "Hey Mahir! Guess what!?"I shot up an eyebrow, "What!?""Bela is up!! And damn the girl killed it today!?", I laughed

I shot up an eyebrow, "What!?"
"Bela is up!! And damn the girl killed it today!?", I laughed..

The hoodie stud nerd Bela killed it! Seriously!

"Now where's that not a damn giving bet!?", I looked up at Vyom, smirking.
"See that girl being a not-so-cool doesn't mean she's not-so-hot!", Vyom said assuringly.
"By the way, Mahir is a bit off after she put him down, like a hottest girl would do with a lamest boy!", and they all began laughing definitely pissing him off! And yeah! Hurting my damn ego!!

"Excuse me! Don't forget that I am the most desirable guy here! Girls die to get a damn look from me!", I say smirkingly.
"The most desirable man is put down by BELA!", said Pratham stressing on Bela!

"Okay okay! Let me see BELA!", I Said putting in more stress.

Later that night, we all head to the house party. There were almost forty of us. The place was crowded with girls, boys and bottles!
I hadn't still seen Bela! God knows where she is.
In the morning only, I got an instinct that she's gonna be a difficult one, but not impossible! I have melted many in my heat! And she is just one of those who's a bit more insulated.

I hear a buzz near the door, as I was sitting on one of that counters having a shot. I look there to find vyom coming in, followed by that friend of Bela, I met early in the morning. She looks irritating though and I thought it's better to divert my gaze. Just as I do it, I find something attracting my gaze, and that was the Black, sexy figure of Bela!
I looked again in the direction wondering if I saw something wrong! But no! Vyom was hell right! This girl was killing it! Who the damn said she's not-so-hot! She's hot as hell...
A black off shoulder dress, full sleeves, black boots, her skin radiating heat. Revealing, yet not revealing!
The thing that surprised me most was how the hell, I missed it before!!!

They head towards me, or I must say Vyom brought them to me.

I looked at Bela straight, and Suhani started talking to me, "hey Mahir! What's up!?". She was talking to me, and my focus was on someone else, whose focus was everywhere except me!
I looked at Suhani, finally to answer her, "hey! Am good!"

Vyom left them to me, and I asked them to be comfortable and took them to the counter I was sitting at. I purposely sat between them. Bela hasn't said even two words to me and Suhani tried initiating many conversations. Now, I felt the need to get rid off her. So I excused myself and went to Pratham.
Pratham, "I need your help! Just entertain Suhani!"
Pratham nodded and I went back to my place smiling at Bela as she returned one. Finally!

After what seemed eternity, he walked over to us. I had ordered the drinks till then.
"Hey! Suhani...wanna dance with me!?", He offered Suhani a hand. Now Pratham wasn't an ugly guy. He too played with girls. Suhani was an easy target, only if we wanted it!
I don't know what, I saw Bela looking at me, with eyebrows raised!
Just then Suhani left smilingly with Pratham. I even noticed how well Bela returned Pratham's greetings! Was that all sternness for me only!?
This Bela is giving me a hard time! I was feeling nervous (only if that's the correct word).

I sat near her and she got busy in her phone.
"Done with your work!?", She said to me.
"Huh? What are you talking about!?", I say trying to figure out. I somewhere knew, but still acted oblivious and leaned back.
"You asked your friend to entertain my friend, so that you could talk to me!? By the way, she likes you!", She said.

I hear and take action on only that thing which is significant to me, so I heard only the first part of the sentence, "And I like you!"

She rolled her eyes, "You don't even know me!"
I learned up to see her face properly, "you said your friend likes me, she doesn't know me either!"
I was sure she didn't expect that reply. I could see all over her face.
She then pointed her finger, "okay! I'll give you this one. But!", She directly looked up at me, "she has been looking at you from the day of the fresher's party, almost one and half year! And you probably hadn't seen me before today, but all of a sudden you like me, want to know about me!? I do get where it is going..", she raised her eyebrow, "What are you up to Mahir?"

She was so straight to the point, and I wasn't used to it. I use to feed girls with the most useless talks, and they would admire me like I am singing a song. I chuckled, "I liked what I saw today."
"You liked my hoodie, my sweat pants, my sloppy bun or my glasses, or me trying to put you down!?"

She had a point. "Shit Bela! You are pretty girl!!", and this one I meant with real honesty.

She just laughed, "Everyone knows, you like girl with fair skin, short revealing dresses, the ones throwing themselves up on you, and today I saw three of fighting for your attention. But I swear, I wasn't among them. Then why me? What the real motive!?"

I smiled. This girl was real hard!
She noticed every bit.
Where girls would die for my attention, she was questioning that I was giving her!

"Bela! Now I see that your mind is preoccupied by some unreal talks about me and that's why you aren't giving me a chance! Let me prove it! I liked you and hence pursuing you!"
She rolled her eyes, "I want to believe you, but my conscience isn't allowing. I can't dig my own grave... you know!?"
This girl was the one, for whom I'll really have to work for!

I catch up to my friends, who see me disappointed.
"Mahir! Just leave it!!"
"Hey, I never leave what I intend to have!? And this girl isn't just a bet now, she's a challenge!", I say to them heading to the parking lot. It was too early for me to leave, but yeah! My ego was hurt!
Just when I was heading to the parking lot, with all not-so-happy look, I see Bela coming from the opposite direction.
She was about to leave just after Suhani came back. And I wasn't expecting to see her here.
"You going too early!?", She asked me as I approached her.
"You were going that early!?", I shot up mine.
"Suhani has found her love interest, in that entertainer friend of yours, and she isn't ready to leave him. I just came to the car and found my keys gone. So going to take them from her!",  She told me in a flat tone.
"I can leave you if you want!? I mean she too must be needing a car, when she'll go back!", I thought I got another chance!
"She's got her boyfriend, and you are not my boyfriend! She can trust him but I can't trust you.. you are a complete stranger plus trying an opportunity on me.. who knows you take it as one!", She said.
Now this was way too rude. I did hang out with girls but never forced myself on them. It has always been with proper consent and she doubting it pissed me off! And I now wanted to shout on her.
She probably understood what I felt and she looked immediately at me with a changed expression, but I did just one thing, stormed off from there, HURT!

****