BELA

I was engrossed in my own world, preparing for my physics presentation, that I had in my next class

I was engrossed in my own world, preparing for my physics presentation, that I had in my next class. I suddenly felt someone's presence but tried to ignore it, as I was in a canteen that is mostly crowded. But ultimately ended up looking up, as my eyes met those of Mahir. Also known as Mr. Play and ditch!, a nickname I heard many girls using for him. He was an attractive boy probably of 20-21, a perfect mix of good looks and killer charm.
However, I was not interested in him, at all.
He was for every girl out there, but not for me.
I looked back in my book, without giving him a damn.

I heard him giggle, "Damn!", He started, "I couldn't even get a fake smile or a stupid hey!?" I looked up confused on why was he here. We were in the second year, and we never came across each other, then how come he's here? For what reason? What intention? However, that doesn't mean I should be rude to him. Therefore, I looked at him and passed him an uninterested smile, and got back to my notes.

He laughed, "hey can we talk for a second!?". I removed my headphones, and put my pencil down looking up at him, signalling him to continue and say, what he has come for.
He sat opposite to me, "Hey! I am Mahir!"
"I know that... anything else!?", I said straight.
"Can I know your name?", he said.
"Bela!", I dryly replied, looking straight in his eyes.
Now I am not like this. I am very friendly and I like to interact with people...but with him..I know what kind of boy he is. And I was in no mood to give him a wrong idea, by being a little good to him or by showing any interest in him. Unlike the majority of the girls here, I was in no intentions to give him any inappropriate signal.

He smiled and then looked at me with eyebrows up, "Did I do something to you?"

It was my chance to pull my eyebrows up in confusion, "huh!?"

"I mean you are being very short and dry with me! Is something wrong!?", He said coolly, stating it as a matter of fact.

I laughed, "No Nothing like that. It's just that I am wondering over why you are here? Smiling, asking my name...not being rude though!"

He was reenergized, "Then probably Bela! I am here just trying to know about you?"

I laughed and rolled my eyes, "Trying to know about me, or just trying to find a way to my bedroom!", I said frankly because I was sure of that.

I have heard alot about Mahir. The number of girls he ditched must be larger than the number of assassinations, Hitler did! Never heard his name with a single girl. Everyday a new girl was found crying in a corner just because Mahir is no more talking to her. It seemed the motto of his life was, "HIT IT AND THEN QUIT IT!". And now since he's here, I was sure there had to be a motive behind this.

He took his hand to his mouth, "Damn girl! You can't always believe what you hear!"
Instead of telling him about how many girls were roaming ready to share their experiences with him, publicly, I picked up my things saying, "Mahir! Nice talking to you.. though!". I gave him a genuine smile.

"Wait wait!", He said as I look at him so that he can finish.
"Hear me out!", He said.
"Speak up!"
"I know this seems very random...but at least give me a chance to speak to you, to know you. Atleast once you can talk to me on good terms.",. He said trying to explain me.
"Why!?", I said trying to figure that why suddenly he came to me with so out of the box attitude.
"Why not!?", He said smilingly, showing off his dimples.
This probably worked on other girls, but all this seemed too lame to me! I was not going to fall for it.
"Thanks! But no thanks!", I said pulling off his tactics, as I show my own dimples smiling at him.
I resume to my work.
Now, Mahir was attractive, very attractive!
I could see how well built he was when he was sitting so near to me. Light beard complimented his looks, eyes were black, rather deep black. Lips were red, and there was a tattoo of letter M, near his collar bone, that was showing off itself from the side-cut neck tee, he wore. I could see why girls treated him, like he was a local celebrity. But I had hundred reasons to stop myself from being driven away by his charm. When you know better, you should do better!

I look up to see him smiling at me. There was some mischief in the air, at least I could smell it like that.

Just then Suhani, my best friend came up. Mahir looked at her intently with I don't know what expression.
"Hey Mahir!", Said Suhani, surely interested in him.
"Hi!", He replied coldly.
"What you two are doing here!?", as she takes a place beside me and passing me a mischevious glare.
"Nothing like that! We were just talking...but I think I should leave Bela to her friend!", He blinked at me before leaving and signalling a bye. I just smiled so that he leaves.

"Hey Bela!!! Why was he here!? You know what..just two minutes with him and you are now talk of the Town!", she said as I made a 'whatever' expression and told her what happened.

Suhani got excited, "I think he likes you girl?"
"Oh please Suhani.. everyone knows how and why he likes girls!?", I say stating it as a matter of fact.
"By the way? You like him...it seems!?", I say trying to study her expressions.
"Yes I do, only if he isn't interested in you or vice versa because you know no boy for me is at a better place than you Bela!", Suhani said giving me a peck.
"Okay! So you're coming to the club tonight!? And I don't want a NO!!!!", she said.
I smiled at her childish behavior. I have turned off her plans a million times and this time there was no chance I could do it, so I said, "Okay I'll come!"

I go to attend my class and find Vyom waiting on my seat!
"Hey Vyom! What's up dude!", This guy was Mahir's best friend but very good with me. Good here means cool! Friend and not more than that!
"So you here! Hope you prepared the presentation! I will just stand beside you!", I let out a giggle. We were in group of four and Vyom was in my group.
"Bela! It's because of you that I am in second year!", He said making me laugh and accompanying me.
"Are you coming to the club!?", He asked.
"Yes! Because Suhani hasn't left any options!", I give a fed up look.
"You should try! Girl...!", He said.

I came back to my place. A flat my parents bought me on my 18th birthday. They we're living at a distance of three hours from my place and I liked to stay here, away from everyone as I wanted solace and explore my own self.

For the club I got ready in not so me kinda dress. A knee length black frock, full sleeves and off-shoulder. It was summer so there were no restrictions. I made my hair into a pony, that gave me an elegant look, and finally wearing black boots.
I look at myself in the mirror, "Bela! You too slay sometimes!", I giggle as I say this to myself.

****