BELA

I asked him to tell Dad about the bet, but after saying that and imagining the consequences it would follow, I started feeling a fear in my stomach

I asked him to tell Dad about the bet, but after saying that and imagining the consequences it would follow, I started feeling a fear in my stomach. What if Dad starts hating him too?? What if Dad makes things difficult for him?? What if Dad asks him to move out of my way?? Everything was dreadful.

He was driving in complete silence. Probably thinking over on what I just asked him to do. Probably, this is our last ride together. My heart skips a beat, "Mahir!"
"Huh!?", He turned to me.
"Where will you go for vacation!?"
"Nowhere!", He stated as a matter of fact.
"Why!? Your parents must be waiting for you."
"They don't.", He said bluntly.
"And why do you think so!?", I see him gulping. He never talks about his family. For what reason, I don't know. But whenever everyone has a family talk, he prefers staying quiet.
"You can tell me!", I said in a kind voice.
"Bela! Like you all do, I don't have a family. I have both mom and dad. But we don't make a family.", He smiled painfully at me.
"What are you saying Mahir!? Tell me properly!", I insisted him.
"Leave it Bela..", he says smilingly.
"I won't?? Why are you so quiet about your family?? Did you cheat with them too!??", I shout on him to get something out of him. But the expression on his face changed to a saddened one. I regretted.
He stopped the car on what was a lonely highway. He gets out of the car and pulls me out using no force.
"Okay listen! But promise me one thing! You won't tell this to anyone. Not even Vyom or Suhani. I don't want any sympathy."
I nodded my head and he leaned against the car and I stood beside him.
He took a deep sigh and then he began.
"I was born after a lot of complications. My mother had an accident when I was in her womb. She was in coma for three long months during her pregnancy. However, after a lot of medical treatment I was born, a delicate baby boy."
He looked up in the sky.
"This is why, I was very precious to everyone in my family. My mom and dad had a love marriage on the same day, my dad was getting arranged to another woman. This is rather filmy, but the story of their love is adventurous."
He smiled.
"But things changed after I was born. My mother's dad never wanted my mum to marry dad because he thought my dad is a cheat. Mom was busy with me, and dad lost his track. He didn't do it actually but that's what brought crack in my FAMILY. My dad helped that same woman, he was supposed to marry by giving her a place of his PA. Things went well, but gradually my mom started having problems. Even dad was helpless because he had to help that lady from starving. She was a widow and her husband was dad's childhood friend. Vyom's mother I am talking about."
My jaw dropped.
"But Vyom doesn't know anything. I can't spoil my friendship with Vyom. He has suffered alot! Now my mom and dad, started disliking the smallest things about each other. From the time, I have gained some senses, I have seen them fighting. My childhood had been vulnerable because of that. And finally when they decided to part ways. I was 17 then."
He sighed.
"Mom was the one I loved to eternity. Dad was the one I can't live without. Like every boy, I loved mumma more and dad, even with such odd life, never had any problem with it. I was definitely going with mumma and visiting dad regularly."
He looked at me, "My world turned upside down when my mom refused to have me, in front of the court because I was made of my dad's sperm.", he chuckled.
"This is why I don't have a family or like to spend time with these individuals, related in no way!", He turned, not facing me.

There was so much grief in his life and he's living up with it each second. I don't know what I actually felt that moment, unless I see a tear escape my eyes.
If I am in tears, what must be going on with him.
I walk to come in front of him, but he suddenly moves away. I swear I saw his teary eyes. I so wanted to hug him and tell him to cry it out to me. I wanted to set everything in his life and make it perfect. I wanted to shower all the love on him, that he has longed for all his life.
"I didn't tell you all this or anyone because I don't want sympathy. I know you are very soft at heart but I don't want your apology after telling you my past stories. They are not justification for what I did."

After standing there for minutes, far from each other, he came back, "Let's leave Bela..!"
I nodded and we drove off to my place.
My heart was aching now! I wanted to die right now. But wait, why am I feeling all this!? No! I don't have to.

My thoughts are halted as the car did. We enter the place and mom and dad reach the door instantly as they spotted us.
"Oh! My darling!", Dad hugged me.
"My son!", Mom kissed his forehead. I was happy for the first time, that Mom was giving him love.
The servant brought my luggage and took it to my room. We settled in the hall.
"Good to see you Mahir! I see you doing your work pretty well.", Dad smiled at Mahir.
"Thank you Uncle.", Mahir replied.
"Now you both will stay with us!", Mom chirped.
"No no aunt. I just came to drop Bela. I'll go back.", Mahir said.
"But Mahir... you should stay..!", Dad too said.
Honestly, I too wanted but no...I need to have control over my heart.
"No Uncle! Probably next time. By the way, Uncle and Aunt, I have to tell you something.", He said seriously and I knew what was coming.
"Yes Mahir", mom and dad nodded.

I heart clenched a bit.
"Uncle and Aunt! I am sorry for everything...", He probably couldn't speak further and mom dad looked confused.
"I and Bela...!"
"Dad! He's saying, him and I both want to live with our own families. It will be not possible for us when we get jobs! It's probably our last vacation.", Now Mahir confusedly looked at me.
"Oho! Mahir what is being sorry in this.!?", Dad asked laughing.
I jumped up again, "Dad he has the habit of saying sorry for everything!"
And mom and dad laughed.
He looked at me and I signalled him to stay quiet.
After some refreshments, he started to leave by taking my parents blessings.
"Bela! Go drop him to the car!", Dad said and I went with Mahir.
"Why didn't you let me tell them!?", He snapped his question at me.
"I didn't think that was an appropriate time. They'll know when I'll find an opportunity.", I say to shrug off his question.
Reality was that I didn't want to tell them anything. Ever!

We reached to his car, "I'll take your leave..just take care of yourself and do eat properly. That back thing may become active again."
I nodded and he turned to his car, "You too take care!", I said even after trying alot to not say anything.
He looked at me and smiled, "I wish I could make things better. I wish I could erase that part. I wish I could love you Bela!"
I looked down at the ground.
Even I wished the same.
"I'll be there whenever you'll need me. I love you alot and forever!", He said and went away.

I lift my head to see him gone. I was crying because he left. And this time even my brain was helpless!