BELA

I decided to be a bit easy on him, not because I forgot what he did, but because hurting him was killing me more

I decided to be a bit easy on him, not because I forgot what he did, but because hurting him was killing me more. I know it would take time to forget my love for him, but I will definitely succeed in this.

For this, I thought to get along with another boy. And I knew no one expected this from me but I have to move on. When Mahir will see he has no chance with me, he'll leave.

My back was better now, and I decided to go for the party, with Yuvi. Yeah! I should have chosen a better person but hell yeah.. I desire to break my heart again, so that I get used to this. However, I doubt if I could give this heart to anyone except the one, next door.

I see a saddened expression on his face, when I talk to Yuvi. But he should get used to it. It will not be him anytime.

I get ready for the party in a blue coloured dress. I wondered if it became my favorite colour. I come out of the room and see Mahir decked up in his most elegant suit. No matter how much I hate him, he still is the most handsome I have ever seen.
He pulls her his eyebrows, catching me red handed staring at him.
"Taken away by my looks!?", He chuckled.
"Yeah! I was wondering how deceitful the person is, behind these extraordinary looks.", I shoot and I see his face fall down.

Just then, the door bell rings and I opened the door to find Yuvi, "Hey! Gorgeous..!", that's where I know he's trying on me.
"Let's go babe!", He sneaks his hand behind my waist. I remember how Mahir did it last time, and how better it felt then, and how disgusting it feels now!
By the corner of my eye, I see Mahir clenching his fists hard, that he could cause his hands to bleed. But I ignore him. I had to.

We head to the party. I see Mahir, Suhani, Pratham and Vyom together. They didn't come to me. Probably because they didn't like my idea of going with Yuvi. Especially Suhani. She eyed me like she would eat me up.
Excusing myself, I head to Suhani so that I could explain her.
"Hey Suhani!", I said...but she ignored.
"Are! What happened!?!?", I hug her, "My bestie is angry or what!"
And that's when she starts giving me a long fledged lecture, "Bela! You are the same...who was afraid of heart breaks??? Am I right?? This is the reason you are punishing Mahir so much! And now you yourself are breaking his heart...that too being with the most ridiculous fu**boy, YUVI! Seriously!", I see Mahir standing up and trying to stop Suhani from saying anything, "Suhani... please stop it! It's her choice... please..Suhani!"
"Choice my foot!", Bela didn't expect this from you." And she storms off with Pratham running behind her followed by Vyom.
Mahir came to me, "I am sorry...she said this because of me. But please don't mind it. You can enjoy!"
Seriously! He said I. CAN. ENJOY!!!!
He won't be affected by that, if I enjoy with another guy out there! Okay! Let me show you..MR. MAHIR SEHGAL..what the hell is called enjoyment!

I nodded and went away. I had to persuade Suhani also, but that I'll do later on. First I'll do something more important at hand.

I go to Yuvi and pull him for the dance. Now since Yuvi himself was getting invitation, he won't leave this opportunity. Not just dance but he started doing some more shit. I had to stop myself from protesting to his inappropriate and filthy touch. I see Mahir sitting on the counter drinking shot by shot, as he eyes me getting close to Yuvi.
We danced to almost ten romantic songs, me making sure I don't leave a chance to prove to Mahir, that I am no more concerned about him. Not at all!

But tables turned, when Yuvi's hands reached to my side and then to my breast. I winced and forced him away only to be again pulled by him, "Hey sexy! We just can't dance here whole night..", he said proceeding to kiss me. Now there was a fear in my eyes, and I searched someone for my help. But in no time, Yuvi pulled me to the side, caging me against the wall. I tried to protest but in vain. His filthy hands reached my shoulders and tore my sleeve. I winced in fear.
Just then I felt someone, pulling him apart and punch him on his face. He falls to the floor and holds his face that started bleeding. It was Mahir.
He looked at me and then my torn sleeve. Instantly he removed his jacket and covered me in it. His eyes full of concern and anger. There was redness, probably due to alcohol.

He then pulled up his sleeves and started beating Yuvi fiercely. I tried to stop him but in vain. His hands were bleeding because he broke the glass he was holding in his hand, and with fighting the blood oozed out like water. Vyom came in and controlled Mahir and Yuvi ran away from the spot.
He looked at me, "Suhani please take her back home. And don't leave her alone."
Vyom, "Mahir.. you too need doctor. Please let's go!"
He sharply turned to him, "No! I don't need anything!", and went away.

Everyone tried to stop him but he didn't.

We reached our place and Suhani gave me some water and I explained them everything on why I went with Yuvi. I was definitely regretting my decision now.
Suhani didn't blame me but just asked me to change.
I changed and came back to my bedroom, finding Suhani, Pratham and Vyom there.
"Bela! Do you know why Mahir didn't leave with us after Suhani??", Said Vyom.
"Why!?", I asked.
"Because he knows how Yuvi is. The moment you decided to go with Yuvi, he said he won't leave you alone with him."
"Bela! He loves your dignity more than you do! Don't you think, all this time when he's trying his best to persuade you, girls don't throw themselves on him. But for him, you have a far more higher place. Please think about it once.", Pratham said.
And all the three left.

It was 12 now, but Mahir wasn't here.
I didn't care really but I was getting worried about him.
I waited for him for like one hour, when I heard some stumbling footsteps near the door. I open the door and found Mahir in the worst state ever.
Messed up hair, hands bleeding, eyes red, legs unbalanced and it seemed like he cried. There were dried traces of tears. The smell of alcohol strongly filled the air. And I cursed myself for everything I did in the Pub today!