MAHIR

Days passed

Days passed. Bela and me were getting used to each other, rather getting addicted to each other. Even when we lived at a twenty minutes distance, we used to talk to each other whole night on phone. She was smart enough to attend her classes but I missed them. Pathetic I was! Later, she helped me to complete my notes giving me the opportunity to spend some time with her.

We were sitting in her apartment completing my notes, when I went to the washroom.
I came back and saw my phone in Bela's hand, "Oh! So my phone is being checked!", I said playfully.
"Mahir! What is the bet?", My face turned pale. Bet!? How did she come to know about bet!? How!?
I went to her and snatched my phone.
"It's nothing!?", I said trying to act normal.
"Then why Yuvi is again and again asking about the bet!? Did you complete it or not!?", She asked me.
"Bela.. you know Yuvi talks rubbish. Half of the things he says are meaningless.", This Yuvi is a disaster.

Bela shrugged her shoulders but I doubted that she was convinced. I didn't want to hide it but I no more considered Bela as bet. She was now much more to me! She is my life! How can I even think of her being a BET! No never..! I love her and that's what I'll always do.

Later that day, I met Vyom.
Vyom, "Hey Mahir! How's life!?"
I said, "I am a bit disturbed. Today! Bela was about to find about the BET!"
Vyom, "Are you still in the BET!?"
I fiercely nodded in no, "No not at all!"
Vyom, "Mahir! You know what...from the day one, I knew Bela is a type of girl, whom you should settle with and not the one you should just share bed with. You both deserve each other. I knew this bet thing, you'll regret later and that's why I was trying to stop you."
I got tensed, "What should I do now!?"
"Mahir....make this bet 'a do it and a forget it' thing. The money you kept at stake is huge. And as far as I know, you won't seek your father's help. So complete the bet, get the money and as we always do, this bet will be the boy's secret and you can happily live with Bela!", Vyom told me a suggestion.
"This seems so damn wrong.", I wasn't satisfied.
"Mahir...no way you can tell Bela about the BET! And the money you win in the BET, you can donate that. This will clear your guilt also and things will be handled well.", This solution seemed better and I thought I should carry out with this.

It has been two and a half months that I have been with Bela. After our kiss on my birthday, I have kissed her a million times but never proceeded far. I could never lust on her and that's the reason I was in no hurry to get her. Today, she was coming for a night stay at my place because i had cold and she had insisted upon staying with me, to take care of me.

She was making a Tulsi flavoured tea in the kitchen for me, when I suddenly went and hugged her from behind.
She chuckled, "What happened!?"
"I love you..Bela!", I say it again today.
She turned to me, "Mahir! Is there any problem!? You can share with me...I noticed you have been saying this now more frequently!?"
She understands me so well. Yes, there was a problem. THE BET. And I was getting afraid of losing her.
I replied, "it's just that I can't get enough of you..!", I didn't lie.
"Listen Mahir... you mean alot to me...and I want you to soon meet my parents. Obviously not for marriage, but because I want to show them my choice.", She said proudly.
I hummed.
And she kissed my lips, "Mahir I know there's something...but it's okay...take your time...but I am always ready to light up your burden."
I kissed on her neck to seek some solace, she always manages to deliver me.

My health condition was getting worse. It was raining outside and I was shivering because of cold. She switched on the blower, covered me with two blankets but it felt like I am sleeping on a ice sheet. I probably had fever that made my eyes heavy. I could, however see how hard she tried to provide me some relief. She kept on rubbing my palms when Pratham came in with the doctor.
"Doctor, he's shivering! Please check it out!", I could sense worry in her voice.
"Its just a viral. Probably, his body is sensitive and that's why he's shivering. Don't worry, I'll give some medicines.", Says the doctor.
Pratham went with the doctor not before saying us a good night.

I had to sleep in the couch, the thing I usually do when Bela stays over, but Bela forces me to stay on the bed tonight. I nodded and saw her settling herself near my head, as she kept on rubbing my palms to provide me heat.
Because of fever and shivering, I was not able to sleep and she was wide awake with me.

I looked at her and found that she herself was in a sleeveless top. I didn't expect a positive answer but I signalled her to come in my blanket. After thinking for a minute or so, she joined me under the blanket.
First I felt her trying to resist any contact with my body, but when she noticed I was being taken over by sleep, she hugged me tight trying to give her body heat to me.
I felt a rush of guilt in my nerves, when I remembered that I was going to bet on her for money. I hugged her back giving her a kiss again, because that's the only way I could lessen my guilt. I had to love her...love her that everything I ever thought about her, becomes small.

In the morning, I forcefully opened my eyes, only to find Bela's face dug in my neck and hands engulfing me tight. Her legs were on me...This well to do girl was squeezing a just-unwell boy.
Feeling me move, she too woke up, "Good morning!"
"Good morning..!", I saw at the wall clock, 6 am.
"College Bela!", I said because our first class was at 7 that day.
"I am on leave...and you too..!", She said.
I expected her to move away from me the moment she wakes up and realizes our current position, but she didn't.

I felt a tingle in my stomach, and leaned to kiss on her jawline, chin and then neck. I was ready to be stopped at anytime, but there was no protest. I turned ourselves, and now I hovered upon her kissing her frantically.
"Mahir!", She moaned my name, driving me crazy.
I have never felt as content as I was feeling this moment. Bela completed me.
I wanted to cherish all of her.
Just then my phone rang. It was lying near me on the bed but I made it silent and continued with the job in my hands.