MAHIR

I stumbled down the floor, but she held me tight saving me from falling down. I look at my watch. I had to shake my head and focus my eyes on the watch. 1:06am.

"Hey! You are still awake!?", I chuckled. She didn't say anything but just held me to the couch and making me sit there.
"You know what Bela! This fu**ing helps!! I drank whole barrel tonight. The bar tender said, they don't have any bottles left!", I laughed to myself.
She came in giving me a glass of some liquid. How much I wanted it to be vine!
Instead of drinking, I pour it on my face.
"Mahir!", She gets amazed but I don't find anything unusual in this.
"Remove your shoes!", I nodded and went to my shoes.
"Hey! Buddies...open up! Fast fast!", I say to my shoes..but these damn dumbass don't listen to me.
I pout at Bela, who I saw smiling at me.
"They aren't listening to what I say!", I say helplessly but she comes up and sits near my feet untying my laces and then my socks.

She then grabbed me by my shoulders and lead me to the bedroom.
"Hey! You can't take my advantage when I am not in my sober state..", I say pulling myself out of her arms.
She giggled.
I smiled back saying, "I will sleep in the study only. That's the place I DESERVE!"
I go to my room and then fall on the couch. One hand down, the other on the back support and leg on table. I was too exhausted to lift my own limbs. I slept...at least this much I remember.

In the morning I wake up, with a sweet wet scent around me. I snap up and look around. I was in bedroom. Bela's bedroom. Covered in her pink furry blanket, in the middle of her bed.
How the hell I came here!?
Shit!!! Bela will kill me now!
I try remembering what happened after I slept on the couch but couldn't do anything other than causing a sharp pain in my head.
"Ouch!", I winced in pain.
I acted such a creep last night. I need to apologise. She had to remove my shoes. I try getting up, only to be pushed back by those small slender hands, "The barrel is doing her best now. So you better stay in the bed.", covering me with the blanket.
"Bela..how..I...here...!?", She ignored my question and went to the kitchen.

It was then I saw my hand bandaged. It was less painful now and the wounds were clean.

After two minutes, she came back with lemon juice.
"Drink it and don't bath with it. It's strong lemonade. You'll become blind!", She says to me making me remember the shit I did yesterday.
I drink it peacefully and see her watching me carefully.
"Are you sober now!?", She asked and I nodded.

She intends to sit on the bed, but then brought a chair for her and sat next to the bed.
"So what happened after you left the PUB?"
"Nothing..", I tell her.
"Mahir tell me!?"
"No nothing of that sort. I just drank and came back here."
"Nothing of THAT sort?? I am not talking about your one night stands, I am talking about you. Do you realize in what condition were you, when you came back..??"
It was time to do something.
So I composed myself and then began, "Bela..I know you hate me and I will not complain against that. But please don't be with those filthy people. Yuvi won't think twice in raping someone! He is best at breaking hearts.", I said this knowing she would reply that I am no less, but she didn't.
"And yes! I was jealous..and I will always be! I have promised your dad, and I will always stand on it."
I hear her taking a deep sigh.
"I am sorry!", She said or rather whispered.
"For what!?", I asked instantly because I couldn't see of something that she should be sorry for.
"I still don't believe that you love me. I never will. It's just that I don't want you to destroy your lever drinking so much. If you can do anything for me, just stop drinking.. I'll be okay."
Unknowingly, I smiled.
No matter how hard she tries to be rude with me, she'll never be able to see me die. She says she hates me but no she's just angry on me. I'll live up with your anger forever, with the hope that you'll love me some day, again.

I pick up myself from the bed, with a lot of effort. My head was aching like anything. I take hold of the bed and try to walk but she pushed me again on the bed, "No need to pretend like a gentleman! Sleep here on the bed. The couch is not comfortable."
She laid me on the bed, and covered me with the blanket.
"Bela..I have to make breakfast.", I said trying to get up again.
"Oh please Mahir!! Lay back quietly! I don't want to hear anything. I am making the breakfast and you can have it."
She stormed off the room and I hear sounds from the kitchen.

After some time, she came with a plate of chocolate pancakes and a glass of mango juice. My favourite.
She stands beside me and hands me the plate, "Eat it and then I'll give you a pain killer."
Out of nowhere, I asked her, "Bela..can we both eat together?"
She snaps her head at me and I start expecting a rude reply from her. Instead she said, "I am coming." and goes away to take her plate. I was overwhelmed! More than overwhelmed!

We ate together but whenever I smiled at her, she made sure she frowns back at me. She is the cutest.
Then after having a pain killer, I slept on her bed practically for whole day.
Even the next night, she asked me to use her bed. I wondered where would she sleep hoping for something good! But I hoped alot. She went and slept in the study, where I usually do.

For the next few days, we were busy in our exams. Studying till late night and waking up early had us busy.

Today was our last exam and everyone is going back to home. Bela excitedly starts packing her bag. I am feeling very bad that I won't be able to see her for twenty days now. We have a twenty days vacation and so everyone was leaving. Even I had to leave but I was not excited. My heart doesn't approve of staying with my mom and dad. They have always broken my heart.
I decided to go and talk to Bela. I would need something to survive these twenty days.
"Bela! How are you?", I didn't had anything to start with.
"Good.", she replied bluntly.
"Should I drop you to your place?", I wanted to spend some time with her.
"No need. I'll drive.", She again replied bluntly.
"Please!?", I said hoping it will give a positive result.
She looked at me and I pleaded with my eyes, making a puppy face, the one she could never resist before.
She shook her head and resumed packing.

I can directly call her dad and ask him for permission. But then she wouldn't like it. So i was just sad.
I see Bela coming out of her room with her bag, "Are you not coming!? Still in your lowers!", She said snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Just a second Bela! I will get ready...!", I enthusiastically ran to my room and grabbed my best clothes and wore them as fast as I can, before she changes her mind.
I see her looking at the ground and waiting for me, "Hey Bela! Let's go!", I grab my car keys and we start the journey.
Before I could even think of anything else, she said, "Mahir don't take it as a signal from me. You saved me few days ago, so I didn't refuse you. It's just an act of generosity! Nothing else. And also I want you to tell Dad about the bet. So that we can focus on our individual lives."
And this broke my heart completely. What will happen after her parents will know about the BET!?