MAHIR

How is it possible!?I held that chain while I jumped! Probably in my jacket!! Yeah!"How did you get it!?", I said still shocked

I held that chain while I jumped! Probably in my jacket!! Yeah!
"How did you get it!?", I said still shocked.
"The way I got you Mahir! Again! Alive!", She wore her hoodie again, "I don't want others to see that I am so mad in love!", she giggled.

It took me a great deal of time to figure out that the pendant was in my jacket. I bought it when Bela was at her Grandma's house. I had the courage to send her everything, knowing she'll throw it just after seeing my name but not just this. I personally, did customize that name on the pendant and then that heart. I thought once, I'll convince her, I'll make her wear this. On the day, I jumped in the river, I kept it in the pocket of my jacket, thinking it should end with me. And now it is here, around her neck.

She laid on my place on the bed!
"So tell me why did you try to kill yourself!?", She asked.
I was in no mood to answer. All she was doing was utter madness. Not that I didn't want to be with her or my family, but my confusion about life is way too great. I tried to kill myself a multiple times after that, but something or the other saved me. Now it's Bela!
"I don't think I need to..", I said and settled back on the other side of the bed.
I knew she'll leave. She's here just to see through me. Just to know what is in my mind. That BET where I have to propose her, is nothing but to bring back my interest in life. Definitely out of sympathy. Otherwise I haven't done anything to deserve all what she is doing.

"It's because of me. I called you a CHEAT. I called you a FU*KBOY. I called you a LIAR. I insulted you all through. I tried to put you down everytime. I tried to make your life hell...!", I held her hand so she could stop saying anything and she did.
"I deserved all that! And please don't think that you were the one, who forced me into this. I don't like my mom, but I can't even blame her. Nor dad. Nor anyone! I am just a coward, who can't survive emotional earthquakes!"
Yes! I can't!
She came near me and cupped my cheek!
"Mahir! Just forget what happened between us! Imagine this night as the one, we made love to each other. Be open to me! Tell me whatever is in your heart. Cry out your heart to me!"
I never knew when tears started flowing my eyes. It was just like they needed a signal from her to gush out.
"Can I hug you?", It was all I could ask.
Before I even knew, I was in her embrace. My strained head buried in her chest as I heard that heart beat near my ears. Her one hand was wiping off my tears and other was caressing my back.
"I am just tired Bela! I want everyone's love and not sympathy! They do for me because they are kind enough. No one is free in my love. Everyone tries to manage me like pieces of a wrecked ship!", Her hold on me tightened.
I felt something wet on my shoulder, and those were not the cold tired tears of mine, but warm hopeful tears of her.
We stayed like that for what seemed eternity. She didn't try to get away neither did I ask her to. She to me at that moment, was that support to which I can hold on for my dear life.
I slept then, in her arms peacefully, after a real long time.

Something bright hits the lid of my eyes, forcing me to open them. I see the sun peeping through the window. It was morning!
I stretched out myself, feeling very light and calm. I found the duvet on the floor. That's my habit though. I was thankful I always got a king sized bed, otherwise I would always land on the floor with the duvet.
I looked around and saw that the door was closed. I could hear some faint sounds from the outside.
I was feeling thirsty. I looked at my side table and found a glass of water, with a note.
"LIKE I ALWAYS SAY! YOU ARE A BLOODY FOOL!
BTW, GOOD MORNING...
I LEFT YOUR ROOM, BECAUSE I DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO THINK WE DID EVERYTHING BEFORE MARRIAGE;)
YO! NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT 'THAT' NIGHT. I MADE IT A OVERALL CHEAT STORY..SO PLEASE BEHAVE."
I remembered everything and smiled. I cried out to Bela last night. I did cry for my mother and Bela...but always alone! Not in front of anyone! She probably was the first person, I cried to!

I get down the hallway after taking a long quiet shower. There I see everyone beaming happily at the breakfast table!
It's so good to have a family!
It's so good to hear them giggling!
"Oh Mahir! Come on my boy! We were trying to call you...but Bela didn't allowed anyone!!", Bela's dad said.
"Yeah! She was hell bent on letting you sleep peacefully!", Dad said.
I looked at Bela, who was eating a sandwich.
"Mahir! If you want you can eat with us... otherwise kitchen is left to the door there. Go and make something silly for yourself!", She snapped at me.
"Don't! Bela...why do you irritated him so much!? He never reverts a word back to you!", Her mom said to which she shrugged her shoulder.
I see my mom looking lovingly at me, but she refrained talking to me, after I said that I haven't forgotten anything she did! Seriously, I have forgotten...but it looks weird to me on how I'll love her again that way, I did when I was a child. I smiled at her, because I too didn't want to be that rude. Also we were in Bela's house. I had to behave.

"So all of you are leaving today! Pratham and Vyom have managed things well. The place is good and I hope you will like it. From last one month, we have seen how much love you all share and that's why I thought you should stay together, taking care of each other. I have asked Vyom's mom and Pratham's parents too. Suhani your dad too is glad!"
"Thank you Uncle!", She hugged Uncle and I did the same. Bela too hugged her dad. Then we took blessings from everyone and we're about to leave when Bela's dad called me for a second, "Mahir! I know it's not a correct time to say this to you. But I love my daughter alot! She is my everything.. I trusted you once and believe me I do trust you now even. But never ever again do such thing with her. She looks strong but she is vulnerable inside, when it comes to love! Vyom told me about your perspective too and I know Bela's. I can clearly understand what would have happened and how. But I am thankful your emotions are real!"
"I am sorry Uncle. Bela is a girl, one in million! I am happy she came in my life. I will be by her side as long as I live, but I will never hold her so that I could mishandle her! She deserves someone better, someone fortunate, someone worthier!", I said what I had in my heart.
"No no Mahir! Your bet is no grounds for us to judge whether you deserve her or not! Where there is love, there is no deserving! And I just wish you get a baby girl...you'll understand each line I said to you today.", I smiled at this.
"If I ever get an opportunity to raise a girl, I'll make sure I come to you and make my girl the way, you made yours!", I really appreciate him for being a father of substance!
We shared a hug and then we left.