BELA

I was just trying to be straight with him but I did hurt him! It was clear in his eyes, the first genuine emotion I saw in his eyes!To make it up I was just about to say something, when he stormed off

To make it up I was just about to say something, when he stormed off. I turned frantically but saw him, getting into his Mercedes and driving rashly out of the parking lot!

Now, I had been straight from my birth but I hated that part of me, when I hurt someone! Mahir was definitely up to something, but that doesn't mean I get the right to insult him. From all the gossips I heard about him, he approached just few girls. Suhani was saying that I was the fourth one. The first two he approached are still in the college spreading gossips about him and sharing the stories of there experiences with him and the third one left the college. She was our professor's daughter.

I went to my flat and dozed off to sleep not before sending a text to Suhani, to send me Mahir's number. She had to obtain it secretly because I don't want him to misunderstand that he successfully hit me! I would just apologize for the line I said and then end it there.

Next morning, I wake up with thundering bangs on my door. I wake up suddenly and head towards the door. I irritated opened it to find Suhani. This girl took me to edges!
"What the hell is this!?", I say to her.
She hugged me tight, "You want Mahir's number?? He came to hit on you and here's you hitting this hard on him!", she winked at me!
I knew I had to hear this.
So before she could begin her rants, I let her come in and close the door. Then I narrate her the whole thing. She made a face on hearing that I hurt the most desirable man, "Bela! He's a gem! If you can't savour him, at least not destroy him!"
This was exaggerated!
And now it was my turn to make a face.

"I know I was wrong. But not even to the extent, that your GEM has been destroyed!", I let out a chuckle.

"Okay I have his number...I brought it from my roommate, who is in the same batch as him. I would have asked Pratham, but then you said the quest should be private!", She picked up my phone and saved it.
I took my phone and saw her saving it as, WOULD-BE-BOYFRIEND!
I frown at her, but she was too childish and grabbed the phone back. "You better not change it and if you do, make sure to just remove that WOULD BE!", she winked at me!

Later that day, I spotted Mahir in the canteen with his bunch of friends! They were huge in number and I swear none was a gentle one.
I somehow convinced myself that if I see him, enjoying happy and all, then I won't apologize because I know he approached me. And my apologizing could give in wrong signals. Suhani was not good with them, and as she went, they welcomed her warmly. I adjusted to the same seat as before spying on him, from the corner of my eyes.
He did look a bit off and I knew I couldn't escape either way.

So I reluctantly picked up my phone, wrote a message,
"Sorry for yesterday! The words escaped my mouth just because I am too straight. I didn't want to hurt you. I couldn't trust you not because I know those things about you but because that's a girlish instinct. And one thing is that, I do take time. And it was not even 24 hours that we met!",
and send it to WOULD BE BOYFRIEND! Ugh I hate Suhani!
I leave the canteen as soon as possible not before informing Suhani through a text. Because definitely I don't want to talk to him in person. I then realized I didn't even write my name. Next second I hit my forehead, realizing that probably I was the first one to hurt him.

I don't know what happened after that. I went back to my flat after attending my last class. Suhani called up asking if I met Mahir and I told her. She told me that just when I left, Mahir was working on his phone and after few moments, he too left.

Things didn't go well after that. I got severely ill. Extreme cold and fever engulfed me and doctor said that I need to rest for two weeks. Mom came over to look after me and Suhani visited once a day.
It was my fifth day on the bed, when Mom heard the doorbell. It was Suhani's time. Mom went to open the door and after a few minutes, she came in with Suhani and guess who?? MAHIR!

"Hey Bela! See your friend has come to see you!", Mom said excitedly.
  - friend!? Seriously!?-
I looked at Mahir who had a yellow rose buqouet in his hand. How did he know that I like them?
"Hey Bela!? How are you?", He said taking the seat near my bed as Suhani sits on the bed.
I really didn't expect him to come. That was both a surprise and a shock to me. Was it a deliberate attempt to woo me? Or he was just being kind? Now for the first time, I couldn't interpret the reality and that disturbed me.

"Hey Bela! Where are you?", He said clicking his fingers on my face.
"No no! Nothing like that...I am good!", I say to him.
"Oh c'mon Bela! Be straight like you always are. But before that I'll clarify. Suhani told me that you aren't well. So I felt I should see you once! I am not here to say that I like you or anything! Nothing!", and handed me the roses.
Now this surprised me more, if it was true even a bit!
I was doubting him again!? I pity myself sometimes.
"No Mahir! I am happy you came! Am glad...", I said and he smiled. No doubt the smile was wonderful but no Bela! You don't have to fall for it!!!!
Just then, mom n Suhani came with coffees. He stood up like a gentleman and offered his seat to Mom. Mom sat on that smilingly, and he brought another chair for himself and settled.
"Bela! Your friend is too good!", Mom said to me.
Friend! Seriously! When!? How!?
I look at Suhani and Mahir, smiling like anything.
I rolled my eyes, "Mom.. he's Mahir! My classmate!"
"Oh classmates! Then you both must be friends from long!? Why didn't you tell me Bela?? That you have two friends!", Mom said accusingly.
I had nothing to say!
"Aunt! We are classmates for long, but we interacted recently. And are now friends!", He said smilingly.
I glared at him.
Just then mom received a call and Suhani too went out blinking to us. It was my aunt's call, so mom's busy for the whole day now.
I sighed before looking up at him, "When did we become friends!?"
I asked with eyebrows up!
"Just friends!? I was targeting for more!!", He said playfully.
I smirked at him, "I know what your target is...but damn! This time I am the one!"
After that he paid almost five visits in my two weeks medical leave. He bonded well with my mom, but was not able to budge me a little. I wondered, if she was my mom or his. I even thought on why he is so generous, when all he wants is me on his bed! Is it his manipulation or he is doing it with his heart?