Disgusting Ch. 18

Authoress Notes: >.> Well this is long over due but it's now or never right haha...

ENJOY!

---------------------

I had found the perfect part of the house. On one of my pointless walks, I found this hallway that had a window seat. It faced the lush green backyard, and I don't think anyone in the house knew about it. It was a great place to just sit and think.

And why should I think? Well it has been a few days since Drew was sick and now he is all better. We have been in a relationship I guess you would say. But now I need to think about this marriage deal. I have no clue if I want to go through this or not.

But did I really have a choice? I mean if I didn't go through with this then my parents would be broke. They would lose everything and we would all have to live on the streets. Was I the kind of person to ruin everything my dad worked for just because I didn't want to marry a guy I actually liked? Could I do that? I guess the real question to myself is, what am I willing to sacrifice and what am I not?

My thoughts were broken when I was Mrs. Newbell coming over to me.

"Americus, there you are. I have been searching for you. I want you to go to a bridal store with me," she smiled sweetly.

"Brid-bridal store?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Well yes, just to look and I want to see what your taste is. But we really won't shop until your parents come here and they said they have a surprise when they get here." She grab my hand and lead me outside.

It was probably the most uncomfortable car ride ever! I mean I didn't know what to say. I really didn't want to go to a dress shop, but we were already there.

Mrs. Newbell lead me to the store and a consultant walked over. She had light brown hair in a high bun and a pencil skirt and a crisp white button up shirt.

"Courtney! It's been ages, how are you darling?" The lady asked.

"I have been fine Sarah," Mrs. Newbell smiled as they gave air kisses to each other.

I zoned out their conversation and looked around, all I saw white dresses everywhere. It was intimidating. I actually wished Drew was here.

"This must be the girl you have told me about. She is very lovely and has a nice figure. And my oh my, those breast will look great in a corset" I heard Sarah say.

I blushed and crossed my arms over my chest. Just because I was an almost D size didn't mean she could say those things.

"Come now Sarah. You will scare Americus," Mrs. Newbell laughed and smiled sweetly at me.

Sarah and Mrs. Newbell went over to a dress rack talking to each other like little school girls leaving me. I looked around and I might as well look like I'm happy to be here shopping.

I walked over to some dresses and looked through them. Man do I hate mermaid dresses the bottoms are horrible to me. Princess gowns feels like I''m drowning in the dress. Empire waist, forget about it. Some of the corset tops are okay but still not my taste.

And how do I know all this, it's because I watch "Say Yes to the Dress". One of my favorite TLC shows. I wanted something elegant, strapless probably, not to big at the bottom and for my bust, a sweetheart neckline.

As I was looking I saw exactly what I wanted. It was beautiful and with seeing that dress I came to terms that yes, I Americus Reborn will marry Drew Newbell.

"That is a lovely dress," I heard Mrs. Newbell next to me and I jumped.

"Y-yeah," I stuttered out.

"It fits your style more darling. How about you try it on after you tried the one that I also think will do for you." She smiled at me and I just nodded my head.

Sarah opened a room for me and put the dresses up on the hanger.

"Let us know if you need any help?" She said to me, I nodded and gave a half smile.

After she closed the door I looked at myself in the mirror. How was a dress going to turn me into something Drew would want to marry? I tried on the one Mrs. Newbell liked first. It was beautiful and the only reason I liked the one I picked more was because of the lace at the bottom. I slipped into it but soon realized I did need help. I craned my arm back but it was no use. I couldn't bring the zip up. I unlocked the door and pushed it open.

"Can someone zip me up?" I asked hesitantly. Mrs. Newbell came over and I turned around, it was a fast zip. I was turned around to see a smiling Mrs. Newbell.

"Oh it's Wonderful" Mrs. Newbell clapped excitedly, I hadn't seen her smile so big before.

I looked in the mirror it was a high empire waist. I put on a poker face, this wasn't me and the material felt weird.

"Uhh... I don't really like it," I voiced. Mrs. Newbell's smile fell very fast and I felt bad but if I was getting married then I want to do it in a dress that I liked.

"Well, then try on your dress," and she left out the room and I had one hell of a time taking the dress off.

Once it was off I slipped mine on and had to use the hanger hook part to zip up my dress. I liked the dress it was amazingly beautiful. The lace around the bodice and how it slowly faded away from the dress near the bottom.

I walked out and Mrs. Newbell was talking on the phone. I looked into the mirror and saw myself. Hearing a gasp form behind me I turned around, I saw Sarah walking over to me.

"Oh my goodness you look gorgeous darlin'," she said both hand out like she wanted to hug me. "Give us a twirl" I felt so pretty I actually did while looking in the mirror it was a blur of white lace and light sparkle. I love this dress. It was comfortable and beautiful.

"Well Americus," I heard Mrs. Newbell say from my other side. "Although I think the other one still looked more mature on you..." she trailed off leaving me in suspense. "I think this once suites your personality and you look stunning in it," she said smiling at me. I smiled back maybe these in-laws wouldn't be so bad.

I looked one more time in the mirror and smiled. I love it so much that nothing could go wrong, I was ready to marry Drew.

---------------------

Authoress End Notes: Well we will try and have to next one out earlier and only a few more chapters left before it's over~