A Thouasand Years

5k Special (Marliza)

Eliza P.O.V:

"Maria...." I whispered as I held her. Never wanting to let go. She was my everything.

"Yes, Liz?" She replied, just as softly.

"I love you." I said, smiling into her shoulder. It was true. I loved her. I will always love her.

"I love you too, baby," she whispered, her voice cracking.

I held her tighter in that moment. I was scared she'd just vanish right from my arms.

I let go of her, reluctantly, and reached into my pocket. She looked at me quizzically.

"Maria Lewis.... You're my everything, I don't know what I'd do without you. You're so beautiful. So amazing! You light up a whole room. Everyone wants to be with you...but I'm the lucky sucker who did. And...
-sniff-  you're absolutely gorgeous inside and out. I want to spend every waking moment with you, and every sleeping one too. So.. Maria, marry me?" I asked, finishing with tears escapading down my cheeks. She gasped.

I opened the box, with the small ring with a red ruby, engraved into a heart.

Her hands over her mouth.

Everything around us stopped. The waves of the ocean behind me, crashing onto the beach, silent in that moment.

"Yes..." She said, laughing uncontrollably, as she tackled me to the sandy ground.

I held her, as she held me, crying with joy.

I took her hand, softly, and placed the ring on her delicate finger.

"Oh god, Elizabeth..." She cried.

"I love you with everything I have to offer and more, Maria.." I whispered, just before connecting our lips, a passionste, loving, 'we-are-gonna-last-forever' kind of kiss. And that's how it should've been.

We pulled apart, and stood up, brushing the sand off.

She admired her ring. A tear making it's way down her cheek.

"Darling.. it's beautiful.."

"Like you."

_________________/\_______________

I stood at the alter, waiting for her to walk down the isle. Peggy and Angelica at my far side.

I was smiling and crying like an idiot. But I didn't care. I was marrying the girl of my dreams.

The pianist started playing 'A Thousand Years' by Christine Perry, and I gasped, it was our favorite song. Then I saw her. She was in her beautiful white and light blue dress. Her hair covered in white roses, pulled behind her.

It took my breath away, as she effortlessly walked down the isle, smiling and crying, as I was.

She finally reached me, and I took her hands in mine. My own dress flailing behind me.

"You're beautiful.." we both said at the same time, softly giggling afterwards.

After the speaker said the words to bind us, forever, we both knew our vows.

"Eliza, I have loved you since first sight, and I would do anything just to see you everyday, and now I don't have to, I have you in my arms as we speak, and I don't know who I'd be without Elizabeth Schuyler, because, baby, you're my beautiful.." she said, smiling happily.

I smiled a small grateful smile at her, before my own.

"Maria Lewis, where do I start? You're not everything to me.. you... You are everything more and everything I could wish for. You're nothing like everyone else, and yet the exact same. You confuse me and make me question, and I would love to spend the rest of my life loving and finding you. Finding ourselves, along the path. Because, I love you, with all my heart. All my soul, and I'll love you for a thousand years. And more." I said.

"I do."

"I do."

"You may now kiss the bride.."

We leaned in, connecting our lips in a soft, and loving kiss, forgetting the audience, forgetting the alter, just us. Us and only us.

Our sense flooded back in, and cheers erupted around in the chairs. Whistles and laughs could be heard.

We finally pulled apart, staring into each other's eyes.

"I love you.." I mouthed to her.

"I love you more.." she replied.

I've loved you for a thousand years, I'll love you for a thousand more.

This made me cry, writing it, and even though it's short, it's so emotional. Tell me what you guys think, because I'm full on tears over here. Oh god, someone bring me some tissues and Rocky road ice cream.

*Wails being heard in the next room*

*Wipes eyes*

Thank you for reading, I love all you guys. 😭💙💜💛💚❤️

-Love-Your-Ships