Calm Souls

John POV:

I woke up, the ocean air hitting my senses.

I tried to open my eyes a little more,  but I was too content with my state at the moment.

I heard shuffling of the bed sheets beside me. I turned my head to see Alex,  sleeping so peacefully.

I brought my hand up to his cheek,  lightly caressing it.  His eyes fluttered open,  and I saw these chocolate orbs I fell in love with.

He smiles, groggily, and I smiled back looking into his eyes,  cherishing him.

"Morning,  Beautiful.. " I say,  Intertwining my fingers with his.

"What are you talking about,  you're the pretty one." He whispered, his voice low.

I shrugged it off, with a light, breathy chuckle.

"Whatever you say,  love.." I laugh as I press a chaste kiss to his forehead. I get out of bed, looking to my right to see the waves crashing on the beach.

I hear the bed creak,  as Alex gets up.

"Wow the Caribbean is beautiful." I said,  wrapping my arm around his small frame.

"Yeah.. " He said,  sighing,  taking in the scent. It was very indeed beautiful.

I'd never see another thing so pretty. Maybe that's why the people are so pretty.

"I just want to live forever with you.. " I hear him whisper from beside me,  my eyes darting to him in a matter of moments.

"Baby,  we're gonna be here forever,  as long as you want,  wherever you go I go,  and vice versa.." I said, taking his hand in mine for a second time,  grasping it as if it would disappear any second.

"You're amazing,  Johnny.. " He says,  a smile ghosting his lips momentarily.

"You're extravagant, Lexi.. " I reply,  emphasizing 'extravagant'.

He chuckles ever so softly. We're so close our lips are on the breach of snatching each other in the time we've been whispering.

I remember when we met for the first time.

In the small cafe next to JC Penny's. 

In New York.

After a week,  we were fools to fall for each other,  knowing only a year later we'd be here on his island,  his home,  reaching our toes in the sand.

"You're so pretty.. " He said to me.

"What are you talking about have you seen yourself?! " I exclaim,  quite appalled by his statement.

"Whatever.. " He laughed leaning in,  brushing past my lips. We both stopped all of a sudden.

Only fools fall for you.  But you make my soul calm. They say,  oh they say only,  only fools.

'I guess I'm a fool. ' my mind teased as I closed the space between us gently.

My lips ring cold against his lips,  ours moving in sync.

We pull apart,  only to smash our lips back together in a heated unison.

Baby,  I'm a fool for you.

His hands slid their way up my sides and to my neck,  his finger tips grazing my curls.

The soft sheets if the bed reminding me if a cloud and he was the angel.