Chapter 14

Zedie's pov
"Ezra!", I shouted as I rushed to her aid, but I was to late she was already covered in paint. "Ezra! Sweetheart!, someone call the ambulance! ", her mother shouted, "why is the ambulance needed, let me take her to her room to take a shower", Rene said, "no Rene, the thing is, Ezra is highly allergic to paint, I'll explain later, I have to go with Ezra ", I responded while picking her up and taking her to my car.

"The swelling will go down in a few days, just keep taking your antibiotics and rubbing the ointment, you will be fine", the doctor told Ezra, "you scared me, I thought something worse would have happened to you, but why would you take such a risk knowing you are allergic to paint ", I said holding her as tight as I could, "I don't know either, ever since I met her I just have this feeling , all I want to do is protect her at any cost, but don't worry love, I will be fine, I just have to follow the doctor's orders", I stayed with her until she fell asleep.

"How is she feeling",Winston asked immediately I left the room, "she's okay, just a few issues ",I responded, "I have to quickly go to the office, an issue has come up that I need to handle, Rene, Mrs Addington please, take care of Ezra and call me if anything comes up ",I said as I was leaving the hospital.

"Good evening Mr Barclay", I heard a voice say as I entered my office, great what does this fool want, "what do you want Robin, it's late", I said in total frustration, " well I just wanted to go through the papers and the agreement so that we are clear on what and how much we will both be getting from this deal", he said getting comfortable, really this guy, is he serious about this, "Robin, I don't know if you were informed but, l'm not the one handling this deal, it's my brother Winston, so If you would excuse me, my girlfriend is waiting for me",I said trying to leave but he kept making excuses, "well I was informed, but I did not believe it, you see we have known each other for a while, and I thought this deal would rekindle our old friendship ", what friendship, is this guy's going insane or what, "Robin, you and I have never been friends, so if you have nothing better to do, some of us have, please excuse me", I said before walking out.

Rene's pov
"Good morning Ezra, how are you feeling ", I said immediately I realized she was awake, "where's Zedie, wasn't he here last night", she asked rubbing her eyes, "yes he was and he spent the night here, well he had a meeting in the morning, so he left ", I responded, "oh, Winston, come closer, why are you standing so far",she said when she realized he was in the room, "Rene, I know this is a bad time to ask you this but, I have been feeling restless about this, we all know that the paint was not meant for me but for you, do you know or maybe suspect anyone, please don't be afraid, you can tell me", she asked, what do I do now, should I tell her the truth, Winston and I looked at each other for a minute, I could tell that despite being to useless that,he really loved Ezra and I do not want to be the one who separates a friendship of many years, I bet he thinks I can not wait to tell her the truth but, he does not know me at all, "no Ezra, I have no idea, maybe it was meant to be a prank by someone, or who knows maybe it was not even meant for me ", I responded, "are you sure, please don't lie to me", she said, "yes Ezra, am very sure, plus it was my first time being at such an event and not everyone knew I would be there", I said trying to end the discussion.

Winston's pov
Oh my goodness, no it was not meant for Ezra, but for that pig faced girl , what have I done ,if Ezra finds out I was the one responsible for what had happened, she will never forgive me or speak to me ever again.

"How is she doing ?", I asked Zedie as soon as he came out of the hospital room , "she's okay , just a few issues ", he responded before saying something to Rene then he left. I kept walking back and forth for about an hour debating on whether or not to go in and see her, "hey, useless Barclay, you can go rest, Mr and Mrs Addington have already left, I will stay here and wait for Zedie to return, you should go and rest", she was right, I needed to rest and collect my thoughts , I just nodded and left without a word.

I woke up very early and rushed to the hospital to visit Ezra, when I arrived I found pig face sleeping close to her bed, "I think she spent the night here", I thought to myself, I quickly gave her a few taps on the back to wake her up . "Did Zedie not return last night, why are you sleeping here? ", I asked her, "he did, in fact he spent the whole night here, well we both did, I could not leave Ezra's side and neither could he, so we stayed here, he had a meeting early in the morning and had to leave, he will be back later in the evening to take her home, she will be getting discharged then",she responded.

I waited by the door, waiting for Ezra to wake up, I guess I had so much on my mind that I did not realise when she woke up, she called me to come near her, she then began to ask pig face about the incident and who she suspects, I was so sure, that she would tell her it was me, but I was completely shocked when, she said she did not know, she even made several excuses. Did she just save me, I don't understand, could I be wrong about this girl, at this moment I was so confused,why would she save me after all I did to her.

Thank you readers ❤❤❤

Dont forget to vote, comment and share