Chapter 41

FLASH BACK:THE DAY OF THE ENGAGEMENT
"I have been trying to get in touch with my father, but he has not been answering, do you know where he is?" Zedie asked he's father's assistant as he arrived at the office, "he said he was heading home to prepare for your engagement sir," she responded. Before Zedie could respond he received a call from an unknown number, " Mr Zedie Barclay, I have something that might interest you," the voice said, "who's this?," Zedie asked as he tried to figure out what was happening, "that's not important right now, check your email, I have sent you a little gift," the voice responded and Zedie quickly checked his email and opened the message which had a number of photos, upon examining them he eyes widened as he was in shock, the pictures where of his father and a lady in bed. "What kind of joke is this, who are you!?", Zedie shouted, "calm down Mr Barclay, I have sent you a location be there in 30 minutes or else the media will receive those pictures, oh and I heard your poor mother has a heart condition this news might just kill her so I wouldn't try to act smart if I were you," the voice said before hanging up, Zedie stood frozen as he looked at the pictures in shock. After a few minutes he quickly looked at the location and was on his way.

Upon reaching the location he parked his car and approached the house as he reached he noticed the door was already opened and when he got in a lady dressed in a long black dress with blue hair was seated on a near by chair. When he noticed her he slowly approached the lady, "who are you?," He asked getting her attention, before he could say anything more he received a call again from the unknown number, "I see you care about your mother, now let's play a fun little game, today is your engagement day and I thought I should give you another gift, meet Blue your new fiance," the voice said as Zedie looked at the lady, " what kind of joke is this?," He said, " it's not a joke Mr Barclay but your new reality, I didn't think you and Ezra are suited for each other so I took it upon myself to find you another fiance one that is well suited for you," the voice responded, "so now if you don't want your mother's death on your conscious from now on Mr Barclay you will do everything that I tell you and if you don't the media will have a field day with these pictures," the voice said before hanging up again. Zedie stood in shock not sure what to do or who to pick on one hand was his mother's life and on the other the woman he loves. " Who sent you here, what is your motive in all this?," He asked as he grabbed Blue's hand causing her to shake with fear as tears began to roll down her cheeks, he could see the fear in her eyes and as he took a closer look he noticed a few things, firstly was her long blue hair it looked almost natural, he also noticed her eyes as they were red and puffy like someone who had been crying for a long time, " I'm sorry Mr Barclay please do as you are told I'm begging you, don't make this even more difficult for the both of us," she said as he let go of her hand. "Please Mr Barclay," she said kneeling before him, " what are you doing get up," he said as he tried to get her to her feet. After a few minutes Zedie received a message from the unknown number with instructions,
"1. Arrive at the engagement party with his new fiance, 2. Humiliated Ezra, 3. Make Ezra hate you," after reading he took in a deep breath as he knew what he had to do.

Present day
"Everything that had happened was all an act I was forced to put on, if I didn't then dad's affair would have been made public and this would have killed my mother I couldn't let that happen, you know her condition right, I couldn't let that happen," Zedie said as he let go of Ezra. " that's what we thought," Max said as he approached them, " I'm glad our plan finally worked out and you came clean," he continued, "what do you mean plan?," Zedie asked and Max explained everything that had happened but he did not mention anything about his mother's involvement, "I should have known that Robin was behind all this," he said pounding his fits against his car, before he quickly began to walk towards his car, "Zedie where are you going?," Ezra asked, "I need to see Blue," he said causing Ezra to stop in her tracks as she watched him drive off, " why did you not mention my mother's involvement Max?," Winston asked, " we are still waiting on the test results, this so called illness has become like a rope tied to Zedie's neck and if we are going to tell him the truth those results are the only proof we have against your mother and inorder for him to believe us we need that proof."

"Blue!!!," Zedie shouted as he reached the very same house where he first met Blue, "Zedie what's going on?," She asked him, "was it Robin Evans who sent you to me?," He said as soon as she approached him, "answered me!," He shouted as he waited for an answer, "ye...yes," she responded, this caused Zedie to shout in anger as he began to break everything he could lay his hands on, " you both made a fool out of me, after everything I thought you were just like me a victim because of how much you cried and begged me to do everything that coward said like your life depended on it," he said as he continued to show his anger, " he must be paying you a lot of money right, to cry and behave like a victim," Zedie said as he grabbed her hand, " no it's not what it looks like I can explain," she responded with tears rolling down her cheeks as she tried her best to stop him from breaking more things, " enough of your lies! Enough of your drama, you put on such a performance that even I began to feel sorry for you, now your act is over, now you and Robin will have to pay for what you have done, let's go," he said grabbing her hand again as he dragged her towards the door, "he has my mother!," She shouted causing Zedie to stop in his tracks as he slowly let go of her hand, " he has my mother, I know you might not believe me but it's the truth," she said wiping her tears, " my mother is very ill and her condition was only getting worse Mr Evans met me at the hospital and offered to help take care of my mother and her medical bills as I was not able to, I come from a poor family and my father left my mother and I before I was even born, things got worse when my mother began to get sick, please believe me I did not want to do all this but I was helpless, he offered me a deal I couldn't refuse and in exchange I had to be your fiance, I had to be the woman who stood between you and Ezra, I still have the agreement we signed," she said handing him a piece of paper, "if I did anything that went against his plan my mother would have been the one to suffer and I couldn't do that to her, she is the only family I have left."

Thank you readers please don't forget to vote and comment
❤❤❤❤❤❤