Chapter 28

I felt my heart beat increase more and more as we locked eyes, I stood there frozen speechless with no idea what to do, "Winston", I managed to let out, "are you going to stand and admire my gorgeous face all day or get into the car," he said with an irritated look on his face, I quickly remembered that I needed to catch up to Ezra and make sure she was okay and explain everything to her. I needed to make sure she was alright. I quickly got in and Winston started the car, " where...where have you been," I managed to let out as my heart kept beating fast, not sure if it was out of anger or excitement, I have not seen him for months and for some reason this had an effect on me why am I feeling this way, what's it to me if he left for months and just decided to appear, "oh, wow pig face, did you miss me," he said with a smirk on his, "no, of course not am just... am just asking out of curiosity," I said as I tried to compose myself, I need to get a hold of my feelings, I need to show him that his absence had no effect on me, I feel nothing. "Are you sure you did not miss me," he said as he stopped the car His body drew closer to me, then suddenly he placed his right hand on my face, " well because I certainly missed you pig face," he said with his face inches from mine, I suddenly became numb, his touch, his scent, his hazel eyes, his not the same guy I knew, he looked more mature, more handsome, I could feel butterflies in my stomach as I sat there numb, how was I going to save myself from this?, if I didn't think of something fast I will be doomed, his eyes wondered from my eyes to my lips as he rubbed his thumb on my lower lip, his eyes wondered back to my eyes, like he was asking for permission to make a move, " Ezra!," I managed to let out, "we... we need to follow her and make sure she is okay," I said causing the smirk on his face to quickly disappear as he returned to his position and started the car and I breathed a sigh of relief I was safe for now.

We drove for what felt like hours in total silence, his eyes were focused on the road, I tried to contact Ezra but to no avail, I began to feel a sense of guilt, "it was my idea to not cancel the ball Mrs. Addington was right if I had just listened to her, this wouldn't be happening right now, its all my fault I couldn't save Ezra," I said as I felt my eyes begin to water and tears began to row down my checks, "if anything happens to Ezra I will never to able to forgive myself," I said as I began to cry, I felt the car stop and Winston get out of the car and run towards my side as he opened the door and took me in his arms, "don't blame yourself, nothing bad will happen to Ez, she will be fine," he said and he held me tightly, "promise?" I managed to let out, as I patiently waited for an assuring response, "I promise," he said as he held on to me like his life depended on it, we stayed like this for some time till we were back on the road searching for any clue as to where Ezra could have gone.

We drove for another hour, as I became more and more worried I thought of all the possible things that could have happened already, I even tried calling Zedie but even he did not answer, "I went away for personal reasons," he said breaking the silence, "I had to prove to myself, father and brother that I wasn't so useless or as you would say good for nothing, I don't even know why am explaining all this to you like you, as it is it makes no difference to you right?," he said as he let out a sigh of relief, before I could say anything we were stopped in our tracks as there was a crowd of people by the road side, it seemed like an accident just took place, Winston quickly got out of the to see what the fuss was about when suddenly the expression on his faced changed as he shouted, "brother!" as he quickly run in the direction of the crowd, I quickly got out of the car and run after him, my knees felt weak and I fell to the ground as I saw an over turned car and Zedie covered in blood with the body of a lifeless Ezra in his arms as he shouted for someone to call the ambulance.

As always thank you for reading and thank you for your support ❤❤❤❤❤❤

I will try my best to update more often I apologize for the delay of this book.