Chapter 8

Flash back

Ezra's pov
"Wake up my love,happy birthday ",my mom woke me up with kisses. It was the day everyone had all been waiting for the media had been talking about it for weeks now, everyone knew about it. It was my sweet 16, yes am finally 16."Get up hurry,the hair dresser is already here, the media have been outside waiting to get a glimpse of the birthday girl",she said opening the curtains,"am awake mom, isn't it to early though, the party starts at 4pm",I said still very sleepy. I had a busy day yesterday from choosing my dress, to flower arrangement and all that,i couldn't even get room to breathe, I went to bed very late. "My love it's 2pm in two hours the guests will begin to arrive ",I jumped up,"what 2pm!,did I sleep that long,oh my goodness ",I was definitely panicking, "calm down Ezra, you have a lot of time to get ready, oh remember Mr Barclay's oldest son",I turned and looked at her "do you mean Zedie ", she responded, "yes, he returned from school yesterday and he to will be attending your party", what Zedie is coming!

By 3:30pm the guests began to arrive, I was still panicking ,his coming his really coming, it's been years since I saw him. Even though he did not pay any attention to me, I secretly admired him from a distance. Couldn't they have given me at least a month notice. The guy I have had a crush on like forever, his coming, what do I do? At that moment I felt like fleeing from my own party. "Ezra are you ready yet,dear the guests are arriving and are asking for you, please hurry up, the Barclay's are here ", mom said interrupting my thoughts. Oh my goodness they are here, his here.

"Here she comes ", I heard mom say as I walked down the stairs, trying my best not to fall flat on my face, then I saw him. He looked breath taking in a dark blue suit and matched it with a brown tie.

At that moment, I couldn't breath,"Ezra, come greet Mr and Mrs Barclay", mom said holding my hand and bringing me towards the Barclay's "wow Ezra you look beautiful ", Mr Robert Barclay said giving me a hug "thank you, great seeing you again ", Mr...

At that moment, I couldn't breath,"Ezra, come greet Mr and Mrs Barclay", mom said holding my hand and bringing me towards the Barclay's "wow Ezra you look beautiful ", Mr Robert Barclay said giving me a hug "thank you, great seeing you again ", Mrs Barclay just stood there and acted like she could not see me. I don't know the reason she disliked me so much, ever since I was little, she's always treated me a certain way. "Ez wow, the colour emerald really suits you ", Winston said breaking the awkwardness, "thank you Wins, hey you dummy, why didn't you tell me your brother was coming ", I said pulling him to the side, " I didn't know either, he just made his grand entrance yesterday, no one knew about his return ", he responded, "but Ez why so tense ", he asked realising how nervous I was,"it's nothing am just surprised to see him, it's been years since I saw him", I responded trying to dismiss the matter, "oh well if you say so, am off to the bar area, maybe I can get lucky today", he said with a wink and he was off.

"Come around everyone, Ezra is about to cut her cake, where's your so called best friend, has anyone seen Winston", mom asked looking around for answers. Some best friend he is, his obviously off surrounded by women,but I wouldn't say that out loud. The cake was so beautiful and grand way to grand for my liking, but as mom says, go big or go home, it had pink, white and other various colours of flower like decorations around it, mom did not leave any stone unturned with is this cake.

"Mom maybe his gone to the bathroom or something ",I said saving his butt as always, "oh dear, now who will help you cut the cake, maybe we should wait for him to return ",then it happened, "I will", a deep voice coming from the back of the crowd,...

"Mom maybe his gone to the bathroom or something ",I said saving his butt as always, "oh dear, now who will help you cut the cake, maybe we should wait for him to return ",then it happened, "I will", a deep voice coming from the back of the crowd, responded, "well that's if the birthday girl doesn't mind, I bet my brother will not be back anytime soon,he had some shrimp pie and well it didn't sit well with him ", it's Zedie oh my goodness he wants to help me cut my cake, relax Ezra, it's just a cake. "Ezra, Ezra!", mom called out bringing me back to planet earth, "yes,yes mom", I responded, "Zedie is asking you a question ", I turned and looked at him, " I don't mind ", I responded trying not to look at him and freeze again. Mom gave us the knife and we both cut the cake,we both just stood there holding the knife, I could stay like this forever, everyone clapped and cheered bringing me out of my thoughts.

It was an exhausting night and it was far from over, I stepped out to the balcony for some air, everyone was drinking and having a good time,i needed to get away for a bit."Beautiful view",I turned around, "excuse me ", he moved closer and pointed at the sunset ,"oh yes yes, it's beautiful ",goodness I didn't realise it was him, I should learn to not respond so quickly, "you look beautiful ", he said looking at me, "tha-tha-thank you",oh no someone help me before I make a complete fool of myself. "It's been a while hasn't it, you are no longer that annoying little kid that always run around the house,you are now a lady". Did he just call me a lady, I didn't respond, I did not want to continue stuttering in front of him. We just stood their watching the sunset until we heard noises coming from the house.

"Why don't you tell everyone the truth Heather, you have invited everyone here to celebrate some stranger's birthday",Mrs Oriana shouted. From the way she was acting anyone could tell she had one too much to drink, "that's enough Oriana, everyone here knows how much you dislike my daughter, don't ruin her birthday I beg you ", mom said. "Oriana quit embarrassing me ",Robert whispered to his wife, "ha! Your daughter, Heather, really, your daughter", I had no idea what was going on , I stayed at the door step, not wanting to be seen as I watched the drama unfold. "Mom you have had too much to drink, let's go home ",Zedie said trying to lead his mother towards the door, "no!, I will only leave once I have told the truth to everyone present here", she said resisting to be taken away, "what truth are you talking about", one of the guests asked, "nothing can't you see she is completely drunk, Zedie please take your mother home ", mom said trying to dismiss the matter. "Let her speak!", various people responed,"we all know that one is most truthful when they are drunk",another continued. At this moment I did not care who said it, I was also curious as to what this truth was."Why don't you tell everyone here and that fake Addington that she doesn't not carry your blood, and that you have lied to the poor girl all her life", wait what is she trying to say, "you made her think she is from a renowned family, when in reality she is a nobody, with a family that abandoned her", abandoned what family, is she talking about me am I not an Addington, "Oriana that's enough, stop your drama ", dad responed, "no!, like I said before am not leaving until everyone knows the truth", she realised I was watching and she pointed at me, "see that girl over there she is not Ezra Addington, she is a nobody who Heather and Francis picked from the orphanage, she is not an Addington by blood, she is an orphan, who the Addington's took pity on and adopted", after hearing this I froze and looked at mom and dad judging by their reactions, Mrs Barclay was not lying. People started pointing fingers at me and the media did not let this go by, they took pictures and asked questions, questions which I did not know the answers to. I couldn't take the pressure and what i had just discovered all I thought about was to run away, run as fast as I could. "Ezra! ", mom called out , but I just kept running.

Thank you readers ❤❤❤
Hope you enjoyed the flash back
As always please do comment and give me your feedback

*dont forget to vote, comment and share*