Chapter 7

"Sorry sir, we can not fly tonight, the weather is very bad, there is a storm coming", the pilot explained, "is there any other way?, I need to get there tonight at any cost, I can't miss this meeting" I responded. At this point I was panicking, I could not think straight. "Well, the area is not far a head, if we start off now, then maybe we can beat the storm, but I'll have to stay there, I can not fly back until tomorrow morning ", at this point I really did not care, I just wanted to get there,"yes that's fine let's get going then".

"Sir this way is not... ",I interrupted him "I know, don't tell anyone about this, if they as just tell them am at the resort for a meeting ".

 ",I interrupted him "I know, don't tell anyone about this, if they as just tell them am at the resort for a meeting "

This is my hiding place,oh should I say our. We meet here once every weekend of every month, to get away from life and all the stress it brings. Nobody knows the existence of this place only we do. We do not spend as much time together as we should, with her graduation around the corner and me handling the family business, it's almost impossible.

I remember building this place, so I could run away from everything Barclay, and just be Zedie for the weekend. People may think being rich and being monitored by the press and business rivals is fun but they are very mistaken. It's stressful and can make any sane man crazy. That's why I came here, I had no idea I would have a companion to share it with.

On her 16th birthday, that was the day Ezra found out about her true reality, people began to talk and point fingers at her. And her parents had no other option but to reveal the truth to her. She did not take it well, and decided to run away, I followed her and managed to convince her to come with me and that's when I brought her here until the news died down , and from then on w would always come here. Ezra is a strong girl she has been through so much and yet has managed to stay sane, if I were in her shoes, I would be at a mental asylum by now.

My mother is an example of someone who almost lost it because of this so called high class life. Mrs Oriana Barclay she seemed to cope at first, giving interviews, attending gatherings and bids, until one day she just couldn't anymore. They where rumors about her and dad having issues in their marriage and wanting to fill for divorce. The press would not let it go and they followed her everywhere she went, she couldn't take it anymore and snapped. She broke cameras, hit some reporters, if Winston had not arrived in time I don't even want to think of the put come. She became the press' godzilla. She stopped going out and only lives the house on Christmas or Thanksgiving for family gatherings. Sometimes dad offers to be the host in order for her to feel more at ease and the press are never invited.

As for Mr Robert Barclay he loves the attention and always makes sure his in the news paper and magazines, even if it's not on the cover as long as his name is mentioned and everyone knows his name his fine with it.

Sometimes I envy Ezra her family is not hungry for fame. They never try to get the attention of the press, but the press can never stop chasing them. Who can blame them, a designer's work is always followed by the press.  Whether it's their furniture line, clothing line or even their recent art gallery that was a huge success. They are always I'm the public eye I always wonder how she manages it all. They follow her everywhere even at college but she always keeps a cool face and attitude.

"Are we there yet Eric? ", I asked, "almost there sir, and don't worry your secret is safe with me, I love a good love story ", he said laughing,"wait how did you know I was.. ", he interrupted me and said,"we are here sir, you must hurry, the MS Ezra is waiting", he said again laughing.

I rushed into the house, went straight to the room, "hey beautiful", she turned around and looked at me, had tears in her eyes.

Thank you readers please don't forget to text or comment your thoughts

*dont forget to vote, comment and share*
Xoxo