Chapter 25

"It was 18 years ago, I was on a bus with this young couple, they had two girls, one was about 4 years and the other was a new born baby, they looked disturbed and in a hurry, it was like they were running away from something or someone, the next thing I heard was the young man quickly getting up and asking the bus driver to stop and he quickly grabbed a bag and the young woman and little girl followed and that's the last I saw of them, and we continued the journey, I only noticed that the new born baby had been left behind as I was getting off the bus, I didn't know what to do, and no one was willing to pick her up so I took upon myself to take the little girl to the nearest police station," she continued explaining now getting weaker and weaker, "grandma please that's enough," I said as I tried to recollect my thoughts, but she didn't listen she kept going on, "I took the little girl in my arms, and I fell in love with the little girl and I lost my family, I was all alone and I thought that maybe this was my second chance at having another family and I was no longer alone, I had the little girl, I had you Rene so I decided to rise you as my granddaughter, it was only when I discovered I had little time to leave that I decided to search for that young couple, for your parents my dear, because after I was gone I wanted you to have a family, I did not wat you to be alone because I have been alone and I know the feeing, I did not want the same for you. I almost lost hope searching till one day you were watching one of those fashion shows you love so much then I saw her, the young woman, well she look for classy and elegant but I she still had the same face, Heather Addington was the name displayed on the screen so I decided to search and find out about her life and then I came across another name Ezra Addington and then I discovered she was connected to the Barclays and their sons Winston and Zedie and to my surprise they were given project near were we lived, after I had discovered this I would follow them to get more information but I was running out of time so one day I followed Zedie to the Addington mansion and when the cost was clear I snuck into the mansion I wasnt going to leave without meeting Heather Addington, when I told her about you and that you were the child she left 18 years ago on a bus she denied it so I made a deal with her that if I could proved that you were her daughter she would take responsibility of you and tell you the truth herself before I died, so I took a strand of your hair from one of your combs and we took a DNA test which came out positive, but even after this she still denied you and even called me crazy, so I had to take matters into my own hands on the day of my accident, I jumped in front of the car that the Barclay boys were in, I knew that I had to get to Ezra somehow and this was the only way I could think of and it worked just as I wanted it to cause you were given a scholarship and even met your mother but none of you were aware of the relationship you shared, I was going to tell Ezra the truth and show her these DNA results but then something happened the day they decided to give you a makeover, that was the day she saw your birth mark, she followed me to say she had found her daughter and tell me I was wrong but when she got into the house she saw your pictures and realized I was telling the truth, we were going to tell you the truth but then you went missing and all I cared about was that finding you, Mrs. Addington promised to tell you everything after you were found and safe but that never happened, I did everything I could to take care of you and made sure you received love but I could never give you the all the love one gets from a full family, am sorry my dear, please forgive me, all I wanted was a family," she said making me even more confused, I did not know what to do, the proof was there and the tears in Mrs. Addington's eyes said it all, "is what she said truth, Mrs. Addington are you my mother?," I asked just to be sure, and then she nodded making me fall to the floor, I lost all the power I had left to keep myself up, I couldn't control myself anymore and all I could do was cry, "am sorry my dear, please forgive me I never wanted you to find out like this, but I had no choice, I had to make sure you knew you had a family and were not alone in case anything happened to me," grandma said as she reached to hold my hands, before she let then go and fell back to floor, "Grandma! Grandma!," I shouted as soon as noticed she was moving, Mrs. Addington and I quickly rushed to her aid, I shook her as many times I could but she did not respond, "Rene, go and get help we need to take her to the hospital," Mrs. Addington said, I rushed out and called to Ezra for help and we took her to the hospital. I took her in my arms on our way there with tears in my eyes, "No! grandma you cant leave!," I shouted.

When we got to the hospital the nurses quickly brought out a stretcher and took her to a room where she got checked by a doctor while I was outside with Ezra and Mrs. Addington, I couldn't stop thinking of what I just found out, how will Ezra react when she finds out about this, will it break her or, will it make her happy, a lot was going through my mind, she has to be okay, she cant leave me like this, how long had she been hiding her illness from me, I thought it wasn't serious and it was cause she was getting old, but I didn't know she was in this much danger, my thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the door opening and out came the doctor I immediately followed him, "doctor how is my grandma?, will she be okay?," I asked with tears running down my checks, "am sorry young lady, your grandmother is no more."

As always thank you for reading and thank you for your support ❤❤❤❤❤❤