Chapter 34

"Gerald Verderson, no no NO!," Winston shouted as he clutched his fists and hit them on the chair in anger "I'm the one who has been sending her those gifts, the pink dress, the flowers, the notes it's been me all this time, I went away because I was not sure of what was happening to me I took time away from her because I wanted to try and forget about her but I couldn't I realized I love her and so I started sending her gifts to see her reaction but when I realized that she did not figure out that it was me I decided to tell her the truth today, I had everything planned out," Winston said as he realized what had just happened, "it was Gerald Verderson, the attack must have been planned by him and he took my place, but how did he find out about my plan and what is his motive in doing all this?" Winston tried his best to figure out what had just happened, "let's go right now I will take you to the bridge and you can tell all this to Rene, I will not let that Gerald get away with doing this and what if his motive is to hurt Rene once again we need to go right now," Zedie said as he helped his brother up and into the car.

After a 20 minute drive they reached the bridge, Winston suggested to his brother that he should park somewhere private, Winston sat in the car for a few minutes as he tried to gain the courage to confront Gerald and get to confess his love, before he could do anything, he saw the smile on Rene's face as she sat opposite Gerald, they were talking and laughing, eating and having a good time. They looked liked they enjoyed each other's company. So many thoughts ran through his mind, what if Rene loved Gerald or had feelings for him, maybe she decided to give him a chance, his heart broke seeing her with him, it made him angry. "Winston what are you waiting for go and tell her the truth, if you don't do it I will I can't stand seeing that cheat take credit for all your hard work," Zedie said as he prepared to get out of the car, "no brother, this is my problem I will handle this my way, let's get out of here," Winston said his brother could see that he was in pain but decided to trust that Winston was old and mature enough to handle his own problems.

Rene got back after her date with Gerald as Ezra eagerly waited to hear everything that had happened, "Rene what happened did that guy hurt you, we already cancelled all the deals that we had with the Verdersons, if he hurt you I will make sure we do even more damage," Ezra said as she checked every part of Rene's body in search for any wounds, "relax Ezra am fine he didn't hurt me, he apologized for all he did and he asked me to give him a chance, he promised that had he changed and all that stuff, I almost left but he begged me to stay and even said he put so much effort into making the preparations so I decided to stay and it wasn't so bad I must admit, we spoke and got to know each other better," she said as she got ready for bed, "really if it wasn't so bad then what's with the sad look on your face, where you expecting it to be someone else, maybe a certain Barclay?" Ezra said as she teased her sister, "wha.. what are you talking about Ezra, am tired let me get some rest we have busy days ahead of us tomorrow we have to go to Ronaldo for our dress fittings for your engagement," Rene said as she cover herself and rolled up in bed.

The following days went by so quickly and it was almost time for the engagement party, both sides of the family did their level best to prepare for this special day and the day had finally arrived, "Zedie where are you going we need to be early and you are not even ready," Winston said as he adjusted his tux, "I need to take a few documents to the office dad needs to sign them I have been trying to get a hold of him for so long but he has not been picking my calls, his secretary informed me that he is still at the office am going there with his and my tux and we can change from there and we will follow you and mom at the venue," he said before quickly exiting the house. Winston tried his best to keep his distance from Rene after what had happened as he still tried to figure out what his next move would be but today he could not ran anymore as he had no other choice but to face his problems. He got there early in order to make sure everything was set and that everything was in order in his brother's absence, "well, well, well, if it isn't Winston Barclay," he heard a voice say and he quickly turned around to a face that made his blood boil, he quickly lost his cool and held Gerald by his tux, "you bastard I know it was you who sent those men to attack me that night, you did that inorder to take my place and take credit for something that I have been working so hard towards, but what I don't understand is why, you hate Rene right so why go to all that and even confess your fake love to her," Winston said with anger clearly shown in in eyes, "calm down, calm down Barclay geez," Gerald said with a big smile on his face, " honestly I have to thank you for making my plans so easy I thought it would be very difficult to achieve them, well if you must know my father is on the verge of disowning me because the Addingtons broke off all their businesse deals with my family, after I discovered that Rene was an Addington I planned to sway her and melt her little heart, that way the Addingtons would be forced to get back into business with my family but I knew this plan would be difficult, well that was until I heard your little discussion with your buddy at the bar, you gave me such a great idea," he said with a smirk on his face, "what are you talking about you scam bag," Winston said as he left go of Gerald's tux, "a day before your little surprise you were at the bar with your dear friend and I happened to be there at the right time, I heard about all your plans and your little gifts and how you planned to confess your love, so I decided I wouldn't let that happen cause it was going against my plans that's why I sent people to attack you and I took your place and I did everything that you said you would do and I looked like a total prince in Rene's eyes now it won't be long until she falls for me and I will make sure that our relationship will lead to an even stronger business relationship between our families," he said looking confident and proud of what he did, "I will never let that happen, I will make sure to expose you for the scum that you are," Winston said as he tried to compose himself, "I doubt that will be possible cause am already on my way into Rene's good books, hey I might even get lucky and get into her pants," before he could say anything else Winston lost his cool and gave him a firm punch, "Winston what are you doing!" Rene shouted from behind, " get out of here you are not welcome here get out!!" Winston shouted as various workers held him back, "Rene am sorry I only came to greet Winston but it seems he wasn't happy to see me and we'll this happened, I don't want to ruin your sister's engagement honestly I think it's best I leave," Gerald said holding his check in total character, "no there's no need for that, I invited you here, you are my guest and my friend and if anyone has a problem with that they can deal with me, let's go to my room I'll dress your wound," she said as she guided Gerald away from the chaos, before leaving Gerald gave Winston an evil smirk before returning back into character. " let go of me!, " Winston shouted for the men to let him go, as he looked on and knew this was just the beginning of an intense battle.

It had been hours and hours of waiting and the guests began to question what was going on, "is Zedie here yet," Ezra asked as she continued passing around, "I have tried calling him but he hasn't been picking up my calls, am getting really worried," she added. They waited for more and more time and after what seemed like an eternity Winston came to inform them that Zedie's car had just arrived at the venue, after hearing this Ezra's quickly ran down stairs to the hall and was shocked to find so many reporters with their cameras, shortly after this Zedie arrived but he wasn't alone, he was accompanied by a lady on his arm, she was a girl in are early 20s almost the same age as Rene and her hair colour was so blue it literally stood out in the crowd of reporters, "Zed where have you been I have been trying to get a hold of you I got so worried," before Ezra could continue she noticed the lady had a ring on her finger after taking a closer look she noticed it was her ring, the ring Zedie gave to her and said he would get their initials engraved, "Zedie, what's going on?, Who is she?" Ezra asked as she slowly began to feel weak, "ladies and gentlemen the moment you have been waiting for has finally arrived, let me introduce Blue, she is my fiancee," Zedie said causing shockwaves through out the room as everyone gasped and reporters began to get closer as they took pictures of the scandal.

Thank you readers please don't forget to vote and comment
❤❤❤❤❤❤