Chapter 40

How would you describe anger? Is it the fire one feels inside that causes them to explode? Or is it that feeling you get when someone pushes your buttons too hard? Well one thing we can all agree on is one of the causes of anger is jealousy.

"Ezra are you alright?," Rene asked as they all surrounded her bed, "yes I'm alright, I had to take one for the team right, luckily everything went according to plan," she said trying to crack a smile. Before the conversation continued they were interrupted by a knock at the door, " hi I'm sorry to disturb, I just wanted to check how Ezra was doing before I left," Robin said as he entered the room, "I'm okay thanks to you, thank you once again Robin I don't know what would have happened if you did not arrive on time, you saved me," Ezra said as she took his hand and gave him a wide smile, "don't mention it," he said before heading out of the room. As soon as he left Ezra sat back and breathed out in frustration, " I wish I could squeeze the life out of him so he could tell us what the hell he did to Zedie, I can't stand seeing his face knowing he has something to do with what happened to Zedie and I, for how long do I have to keep up this act, I can't stand that Robin Evans," she said in frustration. "You need to calm down Ezra , today you were proved right, we were able to confirm that Zedie does still love you and that he has been putting on an act," Max said as he entered the room, " Robin has had a crush on you since high school and he is an easy target for you to use to break Zedie, that's why we will continue to use him, time is running out we need to find out the truth before it's too late, I hate seeing my friend in that state today I saw how much he's hurting," Max said as he tried to calm Ezra down.

The next day Max decided to pay his friend a visit and check how much damage his first part of the plan had done, " hey buddy, can I come in?," He asked as he reached Zedie's office, he got a nod and quickly ushered himself into the office and took a sit right opposite Zedie, "I haven't seen you since I got back and after what happened yesterday I decided to check on you and bring back your car, it's all fixed," he said as he handed over the car keys and kept trying to see what state Zedie was in, " well buddy what can I tell you, I had an emergency to take care of and that's why I left," Zedie responded, " oh well if you say so, come on I'm taking you out for lunch and I'm not taking no for an answer," Max said as he quickly closed Zedie's laptop and forced him to come along with him as they were walking to Max's car, Robin was on his way out of Winston's office and from the look on Max's face you could tell he knew Robin would be at the company, "is that Robin Evans?," He asked Zedie as soon as he noticed Robin, "yeah that's him," Zedie responded. " Well look who it is, Maxwell Ford, I haven't seen you since high school graduation," Robin said as he noticed Max, "well I mean I did see you at your event but I was a little occupied with someone else," he said giving Zedie a smirk, " thank you for the invite, I really enjoyed your event," he continued as he offered Max a hand shake which he took, "well Robin you are welcome and it seems that you might finally get the girl of your dreams right," Max said as he continued to shake Robin's hand, " well thanks to someone's stupidity I just might," he said as his eyes were directly aimed at Zedie before they could continue their conversation Robin received a phone call as he held his phone Ezra's name flushed on his screen and he made sure both guys saw it before he quickly picked up the call, "hi Ezra, dinner at your house sure I would love to," he said loud enough for all to hear, Max quickly gave a look to his friend who stood completely froze as he clutched his fists trying his very best to control his anger, before Max could say a thing, Zedie quickly run out of the building, to his car and drove off. " Did it work?," Winston asked as he came out of his office, " of course it did but we have to give Robin all the credit," Max said responding to Winston, "so that's why you asked me to call Robin in for a meeting?," Winston asked, "well yes, you see I knew Robin wouldn't hesitate to throw it in Zedie's face that he had Ezra's attention, Robin has always been one to show off especially when it meant he was winning and Zedie was losing," Max said as they both smiled at the success of their plan.

Later that day Robin arrived at the Addington Manson all dressed up, with a bouquet of flowers in his hands, "welcome Robin, Ezra is waiting for you in the garden," Jane told Robin as she lead him towards the garden. The garden was beautifully decorated with flowers and lights and right in the middle a table filled with delicious food and two chairs were set up. "Hi Robin, thank you for honoring my invite," Ezra said as soon as Robin walked into the garden, "wow everything looks beautiful," Robin said as he took Ezra's hand and they both walked to the table, "well it's nothing compared to what you did for me Robin, I put all this together to say thank you for saving my life," Ezra said as they both took their seats. They both had their dinner and had an endless conversation, with laughter and more food.

"How is everything going outside?," Max asked as he entered the Manson, "everything is going according to plan," Jane responded, " I had someone check the garden and there's no sign of Zedie, if he doesn't show up our plan won't work," Winston said rushing into the room, "he will be here I know he will," Max said reassuring everyone. A few moments later they noticed a car just outside the mansion, they quickly went out to check who it was and there faces lit up upon seeing Zedie. He packed his car right outside Manson and made his way at the back towards the garden, "Jane, let Ezra know it's show time," Max said as Jane gave him a quick nod and sent Ezra the message.

"Would you like to dance?," Ezra asked Robin as they finished up their dinner, "sure, how can I turn down an offer from a beautiful lady," Robin responded as they both got up and shared a dance, while this was happening, Zedie watched on from a distance, " you know I have had a crush on you since high school, you were always the most beautiful girl in my eyes but well your focus was always on Zedie," Robin said as they continued to dance, " but now that things have not worked out between you and him, I feel like I can finally make my move, I really like you a lot Ezra," Robin said as he stopped dancing and held Ezra's face as he looked into her eyes, "won't you say something?," Robin asked as he looked at Ezra, he then began to lean in for a kiss, "Robin I..," before Ezra could finish her sentence, a furious Zedie made his way between the two and punched Robin's face, " stay away from her!," He shouted as he grabbed Ezra's hand and made his way to his car, "Zedie!," Robin shouted in pain as he tried to follow them but before he could reach them Zedie took the keys to the door that let to the outside and locked it giving no room for Robin to follow them, he quickly got Ezra into the car and drove off.

"Robin what happened?," Rene said unlocking the door and let Robin out, "Zedie, he took Ezra, I'm not sure where he has taken her and I couldn't follow him because he locked me here," Robin responded in pain, Rene quickly helped him and guided him to take a seat, " you should go home, I will call Winston, I'm sure he will be able to get through to Zedie, you are hurt if Ezra sees you like this she will burn with guilt, I know you are worried about her but I'm sure Zedie will not hurt her and we will be able to find her," she said trying to convince him to leave, "alright but if you hear anything please let me know," he said as he left the mansion. After that Rene quickly made a phone call to Max and told him Robin had left. Max and Winston quickly tracked Zedie's car and began to follow it.

"Zedie, where are you taking me?," Ezra asked but got no response, after a long drive Zedie finally stopped the car and Ezra quickly got out, "where are you going?, We are in the middle of nowhere," Zedie asked as he followed her, Ezra realized where they were and she stopped, "have you become so easy that all it takes for someone to get to you is breaking down a stupid door?," He asked, " whatever I do and whoever I give my attention to is none of your business Zedie," she responded, " you don't get it do you?," He asked as he held her and made her look at him, " I don't get why you are angry, you have a fiancee, you left me for her Zedie, what more do you want from me?," Ezra asked with tears in her eyes, " haven't you made me suffer enough pain?," She asked trying freeing herself from his hold but failed to as he held her even tighter, "I will never let anyone get close to you Ezra, you only belong to me and no one else!," he shouted in anger, "everything that had happened was all an act I was forced to put on, if I didn't then dad's affair would have been made public and this would have killed my mother I couldn't let that happen, you know her condition right, I couldn't let that happen," Zedie said as he let go of Ezra.

Thank you readers please don't forget to vote and comment
❤❤❤❤❤❤