Wouldn't Have It Any Other Way (Calum Imagine)

A/N: Ok so we're doing Calum because it's my favorite concept. Thanks for reading and please vote and comment. (Silent readers are the worst types of readers!) Lots of love!!!

Summary: You and Cal get engaged in an unusual way.

Warning: Swearing

*Y/M/N = Your middle name

If Calum could use one word to describe you, it would be independent. You were the one to ask him out, the one to initiate your first kiss, and the one who never seemed to bother him with your problems. Of course, he always insisted on helping you or doing things for you, but you were not one to make him do anything for you. You had always felt like it was a burden to him so you rarely asked him to help out. 

You both knew you wanted to get married, it was just a matter of when. The two of you had been dating for three years with no end in sight. You knew he wanted to be the one to propose to you (he'd mentioned it before) but you were getting antsy and felt like you couldn't wait much longer. You also knew that it would take Calum a while to get the courage to ask you so you decided to take matters into your own hands. 

"Alright babe, I'm here." Calum announced as he walked into your apartment.

"I'm in the kitchen! You call out, pulling the cake you had made out of the oven. 

"Ohh, cake. Am I missing an anniversary or something?" He asks as you as he hugs you from behind, giving you a peck on the cheek. 

"Nope. Just felt like baking today." You reply. Want to help me ice it?"

"Of course. This is where my artist skills come into play."

"What artist skills?"

"At least they're better that yours."

"Shut up." 

After a hour of trying to ice the cake "artistically", Calum gave up. 

"I think there's more icing on your face than the cake." You tell him, trying to avoid his icing filled hands that were trying to grab you. 

"You can lick it off. I won't complain." He says cheekily, finally getting a hold of your face and giving you a kiss.

"You little booty-hole. Now I have to get all of this off." You complain dramatically, moving over to the sink to wash off all the ingredients that had ended up on your face and hands.

"Woah. Language young lady." 

"Like you're any better." 

"It's not ladylike to swear. Especially in front of a man." Calum said in a snobby voice, knowing it would piss you off.

"Fuck you." You say as you try to kick him, missing his legs when he moved back.

"Y/N Y/M/N!" He said, shocked by your outburst.

"You know what? You just need to go and sit at the table and let me serve you like the traditional women if you think I need to be more ladylike." You say sarcastically, grabbing the chicken you had made and bringing it to the table.

"Gladly m'lady." He laughs, grabbing some veggies and joining you. 

You had a nice dinner and afterwards you went to the kitchen to get the cake. It was time for your big surprise. You got out a bag of chocolate chips so you could put a message for Cal on the cake.

"What's taking so long?" Calum asked from the table, not able to see what you were doing.

"I'm spelling out something. You have to close your eyes and guess what it is." You reply, walking back and placing the cake in front of him.

"Umm, I love you?"

"Nope."

"Cal is the best?"

"You were closer the first time."

"I fucking love you? That's really long."

"No and that's what she said."

"My goodness Y/N." He chuckles, "What letter does it start with?"

"M." You say as you get down on one knee next to him starting to feel a lot more nervous than you had felt before.

"Make out with me?"

"Nope."

"I give up. Will you just tell me?" He asks as he opens his eyes, seeing the words, "marry me?" on the cake.

"Marry me?" He starts as he turns towards you. "What--"

"I don't think I could be any clearer." You laugh nervously, "Will you, Calum Hood, marry me?"

"Oh my gosh," He whispers. "Oh my gosh!"

"I know you wanted to propose to me but I couldn't wait any longer. I even got a ring for you." You say shyly, pulling a silver band out of your pocket. "So, you think you're willing to marry me?"

"Yeah." He giggles quietly. "I'll marry you."

"Woohoo!" You shout, jumping up to pull Calum into a hug and a passionate kiss.

"I love you so much." He mumbles into your lips. "And you know what?"

"What?" You ask, unable to stop smiling.

"I was planning on proposing to you tonight too." He laughs as he kneels down, pulling out a small black box and revealing a simple but elegant diamond ring.

"Oh my goodness." You gasp, bringing your hands to your mouth.

"I did want to propose, but I like this way better. Y/N Y/L/N, will you marry me?"

"Of course I will!" You exclaim, dropping down to hug him again. "I fucking love you so much you know."

"Well I fucking love you too. Even if you aren't overly ladylike."

"That's great cause you're stuck with me now."

"I wouldn't have it any other way."