You Don't Need a Ring To Ask (Luke Imagine)

A/N: So I'm supposed to be writing a history essay right now but oh well. And yes, I know this is inspired by Michael's engagement and I should post something for Michael, but I'm conflicted on posting it next or doing Calum's next. Like, Calum's has the best concept behind it (in my opinion) and I think it would be great to end the series that way but at the same time it would be great to go out with Michael's, you know? Tell me what you think. Anyways, thanks for reading and please vote and comment!  (And please follow me on Tumblr!) 

Summary: Luke asks you to marry him but he doesn't have a ring.

Warning: I wrote the word Hell not in the context of the actual underworld so you've been warned

"Do you ever think about how small Earth is compared to the sun?" Luke asked you.

"Yeah. Do you ever think about how small the sun is compared to some stars in the universe? I mean, it's literally so small. Now, think about how small the Earth is compared to that star. How insignificant do you feel now?" You respond, looking at the tall boy laying next to you.

"Ok, subject change. Where do you see yourself in twenty years?" He asks, shifting on the small couch to get more comfortable.

"Given the state if our environment, probably dead." You say, laughing at the annoyed look on Luke's face. 

"Y/N," He drags. "Stop being to pessimistic. If the environment is fine in the next twenty years, where do you see yourself?"

"Married to you, two kids, a fish, a nice house. What about yourself?"

"Married, kids, a dog," He replies, adding and emphasis to 'dog'. "and a big house."

"Sounds like we are the right match then." You chuckle, putting your hand on Luke's bicep and rubbing circles on it with your thumb.     

You sat in silence for a few minutes, admiring each others facial features. 

"How are you so pretty, despite your insignificance to that star you were talking about?" He asks, smiling at you with that silly grin he always seems to have on. 

"Stop." You say as you blush profusely, looking at the celling to avoid Luke's gaze.

"I'm serious though. How do you make me fall in love with you even more every time you look in my general direction?" 

"Moisturizer and eye cream. There's my secrete. Happy?" 

"You always make me happy, except when you steal the last piece of pizza that I had dibs on."

"Shut up." You laugh lazily, pushing his arm playfully. 

"Never!" Luke exclaims, tickling you until you fell off the couch. "Oh, my gosh, are you okay?" 

"I mean, am I ever?" You say between laughs. "I hope that fall knocked some sense into me."

"Agreed." He says, laughing at the 'are you serious' look you gave him.

"Well then," You start as you lean down closer to Luke as if you were going to kiss him. "I guess it's time for my revenge." 

"No! Y/N, stop!" Luke giggles as you tickle him mercilessly. Somehow, he was able to get a hold of you wrists and stop the tickling, then pulling you into a deep kiss. It was at that moment that he realized he really wanted to spend the rest of his life with you and he couldn't wait another day to ask you to do so. 

"Well then." You giggle as you plop down next to him again, now looking at the T.V., which was playing some cheesy movie Luke had chosen for you to watch together. 

"Y/N, I have a serious question which requires a serious answer." Luke says from behind you.

"Shoot."

"Will you marry me?" 

"Of course." You respond jokingly, not looking from the T.V. to see the seriousness in Luke's face. "I thought you said you had a serious question." 

"I am serious. I really want to marry you." He says, smiling when you turn your body to look at him properly, which only resulted in you falling off the couch again.

"Wow." You whisper, sitting up and looking at Luke, who had nothing but adoration in his eyes while looking at you. "Do you really want to marry me?"

"Well duh, but you have to say yes first." He chuckles.

"Well duh, I'm going to say yes!" You shout before rushing to get on top of him and give your now-fiancée a hug. 

"I don't have a ring, but I really want to marry the girl of my dreams, which just so happens to be you." He tells you after pulling you in for a passionate kiss. 

"I don't care. No ring or diamond ring, I would marry you. Hell, I would even marry you if you gave me a Ring Pop." You respond. "Besides, now I can help choose the ring." 

"No you can't. Because you'll find a ring you love, take one look at the price and them tell me you don't want it because it's too expensive. Unless you promise to find a ring and not worry about the price, I'm not taking you." 

"Fine. But you can't pick out something overly expensive. It'll make me feel way to guilty, you know that."

"And that's why you can't come with me. Nor am I telling you the cost."

"You are too much." 

"Only for you, baby."