Coffee Shop (Michael Imagine)

A/N: Alright. Last imagine before I go back to preferences for a bit. Sorry it took so long to post, I've been busy with school and dance. Also, shoutout to  Bananashemmo for inspiring me to write. Her writing is amazing! (Go check it out after you read this) Thanks! :)

Warning: None

Think you would go on a date with me? Cause I like you a latte!

That was the pickup line for today. Every time you came to this coffee shop, there always seemed to be a little note attached to the cup that brought your daily caffeine boost. The family owned shop was your favorite place to go in the mornings, as it was always quiet and was right next to your apartment, so you never had to walk far.  After a few days of trying to figure who your secret admirer was, you found out it was Michael, the cute boy who made your coffee every day. 

Looking up from the note written on your coffee, you saw Michael staring at you, waiting for the answer. Giggling at how obvious he was being, you shrugged your shoulders.

"I'll have to think about it."

He huffed, shoulders drooping down and a smile on his face. After all, it was a 'maybe'. 

The rest of your day was spent thinking about the cute gesture from the coffee shop. Michael seemed like a nice boy but you weren't sure if you really wanted to get out into the dating world again. The single life was treating you well and you liked the way things were going for you.  With a career in sight, financial stability, and friends, what else could you need? Sometimes you felt like a boyfriend could get in the way of these things. Oh well, it would just be one date. No promises of anything long-term. 

The next day, you walked into the coffee shop, ready to give Michael an answer. You ordered your usual and waited by the pickup area to get your coffee. It was unusually quiet for a Friday morning. When your drink was ready Michael came over to give it to you but didn't let go of the cup once you grabbed it. 

"So, what about that date?" 

"I mean, I guess so. I don't see why not." 

"Alright then. My shift ends at 5:00 so come around that time." 

"Sounds good. I'll see you then."

You exit the shop and make your way to your first class. Maybe something good will come out of this date.