Part 2

3rd person POV

At promptly midnight on that very same night, Voldemort and all the death eaters apparated to the Ministry of Magic. They surrounded the area they knew the ministry was in, and on Voldemort's cue, the death eaters began throwing spells at the wards and breaking them down.

Soon enough, the wards were down and they all apparated into the MoM, shooting spells at everyone they encountered. The small amount of wizards present made it easy to get to the minister. Before Voldemort could barge into the office, the Order popped in and shot out spell after spell. Red, blue, purple, yellow and white lights shot out of every want present. Green lights shot out of all the death eaters' wands.

The order got desperate and shot out a few AK's themselves. Remus and Bellatrix faced off. Molly and Narcissa, Arthur and Lucius, Mundungus and the Carrow twins, Moody and Snape. Nymphadora Tonks was there to fight off the other death eaters. The remaining death eaters helped to fight off the remaining wizards and also help with the little amount of order members. Voldemort was left to fight off Dumbledore and the minister, though with Voldemort having an actual goal, it was relatively easy.

Dumbledore shouted out "Tom! Just give up! Harry will defeat you!" just as Voldemort shot out a strong stunning charm and AK. Just like that, Dumbledore was dead and everyone stopped their fighting to see the leader of the light fall dead.

The ever so cunning death eaters used the light's distraction to basically shoot them all down. The minister watched on in horror as the death eater rounded up the remaining Light and apparated them to the cells in Riddle Manor.

Molly Weasely was shouting "You'll never get away with this!" and Remus calmly said "Harry will avenge Dumbledore and you'll be in Azkaban," with a sneer on his face.

Bellatrix laughed madly when she spotted the minister watching them from the far corner. She said "Well lookey here master. We have a straggler."

At this point, most of the death eaters returned and were joining in on surrounding the minister. All that could be heard was the minister screaming and flashes of green light. Voldemort's mission was successful.

In the dungeon of Riddle Manor sat Molly Weasley, Arthur Weasley, Mad Eye, Nymphadora Tonks, Remus Lupin, and Mundungus Fletcher.

Voldemort gathered up his loyal death eaters and spoke loudly "Followers! We were successful tonight. We have taken over the Ministry and we are very close to taking our the Wizard World. The Order has been subdued. I am no longer going to be referred to as Voldemort. Call me Tom Riddle, The Minister of Magic!"

The death eaters celebrated and eventually found themselves going home after a long night.

Tom however, he stayed behind to begin implementing his plans.

---------------------

The next morning at Hogwarts was a loud affair. It was just a few days after the ending of the tournament and everyone was still reeling over Cedric's death. There was still a week left until the end of the year at Hogwarts, but everyone was grim. Today would be the last day of finals and the next week would be spent easing the students into next year's materials.

As Harry and his friends were eating breakfast, a large parliament of owls flew in and delivered mail. A few moments passed and gasps were heard all around the great hall. The front of the Daily Prophet had everyone shocked.

Harry looked around and asked "What's going on?"

Hermione picked up her copy of the newspaper and looked at the front page. In big bold letters, the headline said "Ministry Overthrown. Minister Fudge and Dumbledore Dead!"