You Don't Know You're Beautiful

“You have everything here.” Amber looked around the place, admiring it. She sat in the hottub by the pool. Zayn sat beside her.

“Yeah, almost everything.” Zayn replied.

“What don’t you have here?” Amber asked.

“You,” Zayn answered with a smile. Amber looked away and blushed. Her wavy hair covered her face. Zayn laughed. “Let’s go inside.” Zayn held his hand out for Amber to grab. She grabbed it. He led her up the stairs of the hottub and grabbed a towel off a chair that was by the hottub. He wrapped it around her and grabbed the other towel for himself. “Let’s go.” They walked into the house.

“I still can’t believe you live here!” Amber once again got taken away by the looks of the place. They walked to a large couch and sat down. Zayn wrapped his arms around her.

“So, this is the best birthday for you?’ Zayn asked.

“Yeah,” Amber smiled.

“It’s because of me.” Zayn teased.

“Not only because of you.” Amber replied.

“No, I’m pretty sure it’s because of me.” Zayn answered.

“Whatever.” Amber rolled her eyes and rested her head on his chest. Her finger traced his skin.

“Happy birthday.” Zayn told her.

“How many times are you going to say that?” Amber asked, smiling.

“Not as many times as I’m going to tell I love you.” Zayn replied. Amber, once again, blushed. She looked up into his loving eyes, and he looked into hers. Amber couldn’t take it anymore. She sat up and kissed him. Slowly, but surely, they were laying down. Amber’s phone began to buzz. She pulled away from Zayn and answered the call.

“Hello?” Amber asked. There was a minute of silence. “Now? Can it wait?” Amber asked. “Okay, I’ll get there as fast as I can.” Amber hung up and looked at Zayn. “Annalise says we have to get to my house fast.” Amber told him.

“Let’s get changed first, okay?” Zayn told her. Amber nodded her head.

“Okay.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They arrived at Amber’s house within a matter of minutes. They got out of the car and began walking to the front door. Amber was laughing.

“It was never me or Drew.” A voice said. Amber turned around quickly. Only a few feet away stood Charlie and Drew, their arms crossed against their chests. The voice belonged to Charlie. Amber was about to ask a question, but Drew began talking.

“It was always Zayn.” Amber was speechless. “Isn’t that right?” Drew took a step forward.

“Guess we weren’t enough for you.” Charlie said.

“No, it’s not-” Amber began, but was cut off.

“Why would you make us fight if we didn’t even have to?” Drew asked.

“I-” Amber started.

“You what? You can make up as many as excuses as you want, but it’ll never be good enough. Goodbye Amber.” Charlie walked away.

“Charlie, come back!” Amber called to him.

“He’s right. You put us through a lot. We’ll still be there for you, but-” Drew was saying, but was cut off by Zayn.

“Still be there for her? You were never there for her! I was! Who cheered her up when she was down? Me! Who stayed by her side? Me! You and Charlie were never there!” Zayn yelled at Drew.

“Zayn,” Amber said but wasn’t heard.

“I bet you didn’t even know it was her birthday!” Zayn continued.

“Stop, please stop!” Amber yelled.

“I’m sorry for not being there, and I’m sure Charlie is too, but remember we’re still here.” Drew walked away. Amber burst into tears.

“I’m so sorry!” Amber cried. Zayn hugged her.

“Don’t cry, not on your birthday. They aren’t worth the tears.” Zayn told her.

“I still have to tell Anna.” Amber cried harder.

“No, you don’t. I’ll tell her.” Zayn replied.

“No, it has to be me. I just hope she doesn’t hate me like everyone else does.” Amber wiped her tears away.

“She won’t hate you. You guys have been friends forever.” Zayn told her.

“She’s waiting inside.” Amber walked to the front door and opened it, Zayn following her. She walked upstairs and into her room. She told Zayn to wait outside the door.

“Finally I’ve been waiting for like- Amber what’s wrong?” Anna jumped up from her seat on the bed.

“Please don’t hate me.” Amber started crying again.

“What happened?” Anna asked. Amber told Anna everything that has been happening for the last couple of days. It was silent for a few minutes afterwards. “Oh my gosh. I’ve been the worst friend ever! I wasn’t there for you! I’m so sorry Amber!” Anna hugged Amber. “By the way, I would never hate you.” Anna smiled at her.

“Thank you!” Amber cried into Anna’s shoulder. “Will Charlie and Drew hate me?”

“I don’t think they’ll hate you, how could anyone hate you? They just need time. I’ll talk to them.” Annalise told her.

“Thanks Anna.” Amber told her.

“No problem.” Anna stood up. “Happy birthday, by the way.” Anna opened the door. “You can come in.” Anna told Zayn, letting him in. “I’ll see you later, Amber.” Annalise waved to her. Amber waved back. The door closed. Zayn sat by her.

“You okay?” Zayn asked.

“Not really, but I’ll make it through. At least I have you.” Amber told him. Zayn took something out of his pocket.

“Here.” Zayn handed it to Amber. It was a box. She opened it and took out a bracelet. There were many charms on the bracelet. She smiled. She put it on.

“Thank you.” Amber told him. Zayn lifted her chin and kissed her. He pulled back.

“I’ll never stop loving you.” Zayn smiled, taking her hand. “You don’t know you’re beautiful.”

Author's Note:

Last chapter :( but luckily there's a second book! It's called 'Bubbly'! Go check it out :)