Uneasy

“Drew? Why were you gone for two years, and then decided to come back for me?” Amber asked curiously. Drew sighed.

 “I’m in the military, Amber. What did you expect?” Drew asked.

 “I don’t know what to expect from you!” Amber spat with anger. “One minute you’re a prince, then another you’re a jerk!” Amber got up from her seat and walked out of the café they were in. She ran into a forest-looking place.

 “Amber, don’t go in there!” Drew yelled running after her. Amber ran faster, away from Drew. She hid behind an oak tree. She caught her breath and started walking forward.

 “What are you doing out here alone, little girl?” A man’s voice said. Amber turned around seeing a man a few feet behind her. “Are you lost? Do you need help getting back to the city?” The man asked.

 “I’m fine. I can find my way back.” Amber backed away from the man.

 “Surely I can help you.” The man took steps towards her.

 “I said I was fine! Get away from me!” Amber yelled at the man.

 “Let me help.” The man held out his hand for Amber. He was only inches away from her.

 “Leave me alone!” Amber hit the man’s hand away from her, and started running deeper into the forest. She ran and ran. She had no clue where she was going, but knew one thing. She had to find a way out. She looked behind her, seeing if the man was behind her. Nothing. Just leaves landing on the floor of the forest. She bumped into someone and her head quickly turned back around. She screamed.

 “Amber, it’s me. What’s wrong?” Drew held both of Amber’s arms. Amber burst into tears and hugged Drew. Drew stroked her hair with his fingers.

 “Hey, I don’t know what happened, but it’s going to be okay. I’m here now. I’ll protect you.” Drew told her.

 “I was so scared. I thought he was going to get me.” Amber cried into Drew’s shoulder.

 “Let me take you home.” Drew lifted Amber to her feet. Amber shook her head.

 “No. I need to go to Annalise’s house. Please take me there.” Amber begged. Drew nodded his head. Amber hopped on Drew’s back, her hands around his head, and her legs around his waist. She rested her head onto his shoulder, smelling his shirt. She remembered the smell. She missed that smell when Drew left. Drew carried her out of the forest and into the city. Smells from food stands filled Amber’s nose. The noise of the people comforted her. Her grip around Drew loosened.

 “Here we are.” Drew stopped in front of a house. He walked to the white door and rang it. It opened seconds later. Zayn. “Is Annalise here?” Drew asked Zayn.

 “Yeah, she’s in her room.” Zayn answered. Zayn was looking at Amber. Amber’s eyes were red from crying during the trip. There was a look of concern on his face. Drew walked into the house, and up the stairs. He walked to Annalise’s room and knocked on the door. The door opened.

 “Drew! Amber?” Annalise said, confused.

 “Hey, Anna.” Amber managed.

 “She asked to come here. I’m only here to drop her off.” Drew explained. Annalise nodded her head, and let the two in. Amber slowly hopped off Drew’s back. Drew turned around to face Amber.

 “Well Amber, I guess I’ll be-” Drew said, but was cut off. Amber wrapped her arms around Drew’s neck, and hugged him. Drew was caught off guard by this and stumbled backwards, but planted his feet into the ground, making himself stable. He hugged her back.