chapter 10

Love.

That's what it was, wasn't it?

It continued as it began. They snuck out to secluded places more often, just like the other wild kids in school. She and Naza her classmate, who'd been one of her bullies but had slowly become one of her closest friends mostly snuck out together. She to see Dan, Naza for Aguiyi.
She felt bad for Naza anyway, because sometimes she had to go alone as Aguiyi would have some other girl. Naza didn't even seem to mind this. She was satisfied enough to be associated with him, whatever that meant and in their warped mentality that was all that mattered.

Oma knew she wasn't a bad girl. She was in love, and there was absolutely nothing wrong with what they were doing. She wasn't with multiple boys. She was only with him, and he was only with her.

They did it at the spot everyone did it. At the library. During night prep. Being the library prefect, Dan had the keys, so it was open to him and his friends whenever they needed it.

It was all kinds of fun. The possibility of being caught, the faint light illuminating Dan's handsome face, the hardwood, the knowledge of what they were doing.

There was nothing she enjoyed more than watching Dan's face while he orgasmed. His eyes shut and his mouth wide open. She was beginning to understand what the big deal about sex was all about. The only weird part of it all was the fact that they weren't the only people who did it in the library. The only form of privacy being the otherwise darkness and the catalogue separating each desk from the next.

For three years she'd judged the seniors coming in late for night prep with their hair scattered and uniforms not properly worn and now she was one of them. She could remember cursing them all when she swept out condoms from the library as her morning duty two years ago, but now she was one of those littering it. She'd often wondered why nothing was ever done since surely the librarian must have seen the used condoms, at least once. Now she was part of the gig, she realized he knew what was going on too.

Consequently, there was still no trouble from the A-1. She had protection from Dan and his friends. Every kind of protection she needed. She still watched her back anyway. There was nothing those girls couldn't do.

It was the third semester of the school year. The determining exam time. She would be graduating to the next class (ss2), and he, to his final class. Her grades were not as messed up as they had once been, now that Dan was her personal tutor. His smarts were rubbing off on her, as was every other part of him. Her mother anyways, did not reduce her reading time like she had promised, when her grades moved up, but had become even stricter when she'd found birth control pills in her room.

She'd beat her almost to the point of blacking out and restricted her from moving out of the house, but had still brought her back to school during resumption where she could actually take the pills and fuck Dan in peace. She wasn't as afraid as before at Nia's strictness, since she still took her back to school every single time, where she would see Dan again.

Om Monday, as she sat with Dan, working on Math, her mind wandered. She actually thought of the A-1 and wondered what exactly they had in mind. It was not like them to just give up because of what some boys had said, but then again, she didn't really know much about them. She didn't know why she felt so aware of them lately.

" Oma. You're not listening. "
The way he said it made her feel like she was wasting his time. He had his own books to read anyway since he was moving into exam class. She wanted to tell him what exactly was bothering her, but was interrupted when he started touching her hair.

" I thought you were tired of me. What did my hair do to change your mind. " She said half smiling, but made no move whatsoever to stop him.

" I wanted to get angry with you at first, but then I looked at you and I was like, What is wrong with me? "
He said flirtatiously.