chapter 1

NB. This book was formally Too Good to Be True but was changed for personal reasons.

Every part of this book is a complete work of my imagination and should not be reproduced bla bla, all that copyright stuff.

Enjoy.

She was a wimp. She was eccentric. Her self esteem was the size of a nickel.

She had no friends, she unknowingly chased them all away as she was scared of losing them all over again. Good things rarely came her way, but when they did, she scared them off. She never believed she was worth them.

She wasn't smart, she wasn't fast, and she believed she wasn't pretty. Her extremely dark complexion made her conspicuous and self conscious. It was a whole new level for her tormentors.

She couldn't trust boys. She had no history with them, but her mother's pathetic love life story made her dismiss them as her fear.
Her parents were divorced, a few years after she was born. She didn't really know her father, thanks to her mum, but she believed if he really wanted to have anything to do with her, he'd have at least tried to keep in touch somehow. She couldn't remember much of him except he had been a lawyer and was rarely home until he'd slowly disappeared completely. Her mother had filled in the gaps for her anyway. He was a cheat, had a whole other family besides them. Amidst all this, she couldn't bring herself to blame her father, whomever he was. Nia, her mother was almost impossible to live with.

Oma was never really lonely though, she had herself. She was used to her own company. Nia, a businesswoman occasionally stayed away for long. Sometimes Oma sang and laughed at her croaky voice. Sometimes she cooked and marveled at how bad she could be in the kitchen. She laughed at her own dry jokes and when it faded, she wished silently that she could be as comfortable with other people.

She couldn't even if she wanted to. She was still afraid of losing them like she'd lost her first best friend in an accident.

That had been the pendulum that had pulled her world down.

* * * * *

This is my first novel on here. It was published and later taken down but it's back. Please vote and comment what you think.