chapter 6

Relationship.

They were finally in an official relationship.

It was exactly two weeks since Dan had asked Oma out. A week and six days since she'd said Yes. They were official now, and she felt on top of the world. She had a new aura to her and she felt luckier, if not better than everyone else. Besides, she was dating the most handsome senior in school.

She turned a blind eye to the deadly stares from his class girls and everyone else who had eyes for him. Which happened to be more or less every girl in school. They could do no more than glare anyway, she had his tag and inscription all over her. But she was back to being friendless. Chizzy liked Dan and she couldn't stand him being with someone else.

The A-1 was not an issue. Yet. They didn't act like she existed. It was like the whole episode with Abigail never happened. She was both relieved and scared at the same time. She'd been on edge despite herself, making sure they didn't get her unawares, but she began to loosen up a little, hanging her hopes on the fact that they were afraid to hurt her because of her boyfriend. It made sense, to her at least, but when Amara the quiet strange A1 memeber came up to her, asking for details of their relationship, she became quite suspicious.

"Hey Oma " Amara said smiling, clutching her laundry basket to her right and signalling for Oma to join her.

" Heyy" Oma said, uneasy, wondering why this girl of all girls from her group would be the one to talk to her.
" How are you doing Amara."
She took her laundry basket as well as they made their way to the best vacant space on the lawn.

" Oh Please. No one calls me Amara or Amarachi. It's so local. Just call me Amy okay or Mara? "

So her name was local to her.

" Mara actually means pain or Something like that, I think." Oma said, carrying her own laundry basket and proceeding with caution.

" Well I'm not in pain.Obviously".
Amy said as she dropped her basket, sat on the pavement, with her chin cupped By her palm. She looked Oma up and down, a glint in her eye.
" Fine girl. So. To the main reason I brought you here. How are things with Dan and you ? "

Oma answered too quickly and bent to hide her blush.
"We're Ok. He's great."

Mara 's eyes sparkled with interest. This was the most emotion Oma had ever seen on her. She wanted to ask why she was never free with her till now but decided against it.

" Where?"

" What do you mean. "

" You know what I mean. How is it?" Amy said, swaying her hips.

" I still don't know what you're talking about." Oma's blush was getting evident as she got the gist of what she was talking about, but luckily, her black face couldn't turn red.

" How big is his. . . ? " Amy started, clearly not getting the hint.

So she was just like them, Oma thought. Then why had she been pretending when they met?

" Ok Ok. Please Stop. I haven't slept with him Ok ? Please I don't want to talk about this." A few other laundry doers turned in their direction. That was the last thing she needed.

Amy smiled, and a small silence passed, as she quietly went back to washing. The silence was awkward, but she didn't seem the least bothered.

" So Uhm. About Abigail. . . ." Oma started as she tried to change the subject and get some sort of information.

" She's after you " Amy's whole being was focussed on the clothes she was washing, with no distinct expression on her face. Like always.

" What do you mean ? " Oma asked, getting scared.

Amy was silent for a long while, her tiny hands working her already neat clothes, the blank expression plastered on her face. It was impossible to believe she had been smiling a minute ago.

" They really wanted you in their group. You have the best boyfriend, you're pretty. You're qualified. I should have warned you earlier. I didn't know their plans " Silence.

" Please say something. I'm so confused. Why do you always have to act so dead."

Silence.

" When they let you in, you can't leave. It's like a cult. I don't think you know, but you're already in the group."

" What ! They. . they never asked me. I. . . I never accepted. I don't want their friendship. " What the hell!

" They're waiting for you to apologise. Appease them rather."

She snorted. " Well that is never going to happen. I neither want to be forgiven nor let in."

Amy laughed. A very pleasant, yet mocking sound.

" Unfortunately dear, it's not that easy. You've been let in, but you assaulted their leader. If you don't apologise soon, you're gone. They're not easy people."

Her head was hot. She felt faint. She felt watched. How did she get herself into this mess in one term.

How could she even trust this one. Amara was one of them anyway. She could have been sent. The perfect bait.

" Why do you keep referring to them as them, like you're not one of them."

Silence.

" Because personally, I'm not, but I have no choice. When you get in, you can't get out. Mine is worse. I'm their supplier. It was fun in the beginning, but. . . Everyone knows I'm there. I don't like them either. I've gotten my fill. I'm stuck. You're stuck. Even Dan cannot pull you out of this one. "

" Oh my God. What am I supposed to do. Just lay around and Wait for the worst. ? "

She shrugged.

" Whatever you want to do."

" Oh God ". It couldn't really be happening. For a brief moment, She wished she could be that sad dirty, insecure girl again, who had no serious problems except being pretty.

" And remember, we never had this conversation. We only talked about your boyfriend. Ok ? " Amara said and looked around as if to check if anyone was listening in on their conversation.

" O. Ok. Can I talk to you another time? " She knew she had to have at least one friend.

" No. " Amara said dismissively, hitting Oma like a blow. If she didn't want her friendship, why had she done all of that.
" I only came to warn you, not befriend you."

She still had her dignity. She didn't want Amara to see her as a desperate girl begging for her friendship. If She didn't want her friendship, Then she didn't want hers either.

" I never said I wanted to be your friend anyways. I'll be leaving now" She carried her things, feeling somewhat embarassed. Then she heard her speak.

" And one more thing you better note." Amara began.
" Never tell me I act dead, or insult me in any other way. We're neither friends nor classmates. "

* * *

Hello. It's me again. Hope you enjoyed This one.
How was IT. Tell me in the comments. But before Then, do me the honours of turning that star to orange.
Merci. A bien tot.