We were all sitting on the floor in front of the TV in my living room watching Bird Box. An array of pillows, blankets, and snacks covered the floor.

"Can you pass me the Cheetos please?"

"You greedy hoe, that's your third bag!" I shot at Jordyn.

"OKAY, AND?"

I huffed and threw the bag at her.

"Yaaaayeeeeee!" She resounded like a little kid.

"Jimin these dumplings are good." I take another bite of mine.

"Thank you, my mom taught me how to make them." He opened a pack of oreos.

"Must be nice. My momma ain't teach me how to make shit. She wouldn't even let me be in the kitchen." We both laughed at Jordyn.

"On God I used to be like "grandma, I wanna help you" and she be like "you can help me by getting out of my kitchen." They laughed at my old lady voice.

Jimin's laugh is so cute.

"Awwe, so you don't know how to cook anything?" He said putting emphasis on "any."

"WAIT A MINUTE NAH, I CAN COOK DA HELL OUT SOME SOULFOOD." Jordyn shouted. I burst into laughter, why she gotta be so loud and extra?

"Me too, I taught myself."

"What's soulfood?" He showed off his pretty half smile.

"Black people food." We both say at the same time.

"You know, cornbread, collard greens, fried chicken, potato salad-"

"MAC N CHEESE!!!" Jordyn exclaimed, cutting me off.

"Oh I've never had that. I like fried chicken though."

"Alright bet! We gon hook you up G!" I jest slapping his knee, making him laugh more.

Jordyn ran over and dapped him up. "I gotchuuuuu!"

Silly.

"What is she doing!?!?!" Jordyn gasps at the part where the blonde girl let's the strange guy in.

"Uh oh."

"Sumn wrong with him. Ion trust it." I state.

"Well they let hEr in and shE was fine." Jordyn counters.

"Yeah, but I don't know. My gut telling me otherwise. And SEE HE JUST SAID HE LYING. That's the guy that said he's always right!" I can feel jimin looking at me. He stares for a few seconds before slowly turning away. That was weird.

A good ways into the movie Jordyn starts to fall asleep. Jimin and I continue watching the movie in silence. This can get really awkward really fast, I hope he doesn't think he's spending the night.

"This movie is good." He says, trying to break the silence.

"Right, I just wish they didn't kill the smart old guy off."

"Yeah, he probably would've saved everyone..." He trails off and it's quiet again.

"How are you so good at knowing what's gonna happen?" He asked, breaking the silence once more.

I turned my head, looking him in the eyes. "I don't know, I just feel it. My instincts have always been pretty good."

"Like the guy in the movie?"

"I guess." I laughed timidly.

He continued to stare into my eyes and I began to feel smaller and smaller. I wanted to look away, but then I saw something. It was almost as if his right eye started to emit a small light that was gradually getting wider and wider, until it had spread to his entire eye. I jumped back in terror.

"WhAT THE FUCK!?!!" I hollered, throwing a pillow at his face. The light had gone.

"What happened?!" He said, looking almost as terrified.

"YOUR EYE! I SAW SOMETHING IN YOUR EYE!"

"Something like what?" Confusion was written all over his face.

"A LIGHT! YOU HAD A LIGHT IN YOUR EYE!"

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU SCREAMING ABOUT?!????" Jordyn yelled angrily from being woken up.

"I'm sorry, it was just-"

"I think I should go." Jimin got up swiftly, grabbing his coat and leaving.

What the hell WAS THAT? I know I'm not crazy...