She looked at him and saw that he wasn’t looking at her. He was just eating, like nothing happened. She looked away quickly and grabbed her fork and started eating. She saw from the corner of her eye a smile start to appear on his face. Anna decided to eat across from them, meaning she couldn’t see Amber and Zayn holding hands.

Anna kept talking about the guy in the car she stopped, but Amber tuned her out. She was nervous. Zayn saw this and almost choked on his eggs from the laughter he held in. Amber took a deep breath and continued eating. All of her nervousness was gone. It was replaced by confusion.

“Amber! Are you ignoring me?” Amber heard Anna yell.

“What?” Amber shook her head, snapping out of her trance.

“I was asking you a question. How many people are going to be at your party?” Anna asked.

“Oh! Um… I don’t know. You should ask my mom. She probably knows.” Amber answered Anna’s question.

“Why’d you space out? Fantasizing about a boy?” Anna teased, a smile appearing on her face. Amber rolled her eyes and looked away.

“No!” Amber told her, looking back at her.

“Then what so important for you to think about and ignore me?” Anna asked, her eyebrows raising. Amber shifted from side to side.

“Lip gloss.” Amber spoke quickly.

“Lip gloss?” Zayn asked, confused. Anna was also confused.

“I forgot to put lip gloss on. I’ll be right back!” Amber ran away from Anna and Zayn. She ran into the downstairs bathroom, closed it, and locked it. The light was on. Amber sat onto the cabinet, and closed her eyes. There was a knock on the door, making Amber jump. She let out a shriek.

“You okay in there?” Amber heard Zayn’s voice.

“Yeah! I’m perfectly fine! Just fixing my make-up!” Amber lied.

“Okay, I’ll be waiting.” Amber could hear Zayn’s footsteps as he walked away. She hopped off the bathroom counter and took out lip gloss and added it to her lips. She rubbed them together and put the gloss back into her pocket. She opened the door and walked back into the kitchen area. Zayn and Annalise were waiting for her. “I’m back!” Amber smiled.

“So I see,” Anna smiled back. “So whatcha guys wanna do now?” Zayn looked at Anna then to Amber. He shrugged. “Do you have anything in mind, Amber?”

“Sunshine?” Amber suggested. “Like the park or something?” Anna and Zayn nodded their heads, both smiling.

“Sounds like fun! Let’s go!” Anna grabbed Amber and began pulling her towards the front door. Amber grabbed Zayn’s hand, pulling him with her. The door was opened by Anna.

“Where are you guys headed to?” Amber’s mother asked, coming out of her bedroom.

“Oh, we were just going to the park!” Amber answered.

“The park? Aren’t you too old for that?” Amber’s mom teased. “Have fun.”

“Okay,” Amber closed the door when they were out of the house.

“I know you guys like walking, but I don’t. Can we drive?” Zayn asked.

“Zayn, the park is just across the street. I’m sure you can walk. Oh, that reminds me. Where is my car?” Annalise put her hands onto her hips. Amber looked at Zayn, who was looking at her. She smiled and mouthed ‘busted’.

“I wrecked it.” Zayn said quickly.

“What? When?” Anna asked, her hands dropping to her side.