Chapter 11

After playing with the elephants they started their trekking again for night halt. They have to walk 2km away from the river. When they reached the cottage. Good aroma of food welcomed them. They all were too tired even to raise their heads. The moment they completed the food, the warm bed was waiting for them. It was wooden cottage. After completing the dinner Kit just entered the room and got knocked off. He was too tired even to wash his dirty self.

When Ming entered the room. Kit was already asleep with his trekking shoes on. Their belonging reached the place before them. When Ming as the scene he just sighed and changed Kit into his sleeping cloths and went to take his bath.

Ming was looking out of the window the cloud was dark and it started to drizzle. The climate was cold and the cool breeze caressed his skin. It made him to go into deep thought. He missed his home. The rain started to pour heavily along with thunder. The loud thunder made Kit to stir in sleep but the man who was looking at the rain was too immersed in it to know that the other was having a disturbed sleep.

"You are marring him." Said the man to the little boy who was sobbing heavily on the floor.

"Dad,... please.... I don't want to marry... him. I ....have not .....even completed... my school yet...." he said continuing to cry.

"There is no other go you have to marry him. It is our only way of survival." Said the man with anger. Like he doesn't have time for this drama.

"Dad he kills people. I cannot be happy there. What if he mishandled me." The boy spilled his fear to the father thinking that at least there is way to get out of this marriage if he makes his father undrstand

"He is not that bad as you think. He will take care of you well. He likes you." His father said to him trying to convince the guy but the boy still keeps crying.

"But you cannot throw me to a shark to save your money." Right now the guy has lost his temper and started to shout just hoping that his plea will reach his deaf father

"I am not doing it for myself but for you too." His father reasoned with him

"You are selfish don't bring my well being as a reason for your greed. No one sell their kids to stabilise their business." The guy doesn't know what to say anymore. The on,y person whom he thought as he is everything for him is throwing him away to someone to save his money. Which child can take this behaviour?

"I am sorry I am not ideal father that you are looking for but I do not have any other way and it is the only way to save you as well as myself." He said to the boy.

"I hate you, from this moment on you ate dead to me." He screamed the tears was blurring his eyes.....

Who was he? with whom the boy is getting married with?