Chapter 45: Gunho's Revelation

A/N: Long chapter, sorry 😅
____________________

Riti

Later that evening, I had the misfortune of needing to run an errand across the crowded backstage, where I felt a little tug on my arm and turned to see Gunho coming close to me. Not just that, but behind him was his manager... the man I had apparently helped get demoted. Though his manager hadn't noticed me. Yet.

I internally screamed and started running and brushing past people aggressively to get to the hallway on the other side, and Gunho followed me until we were mostly alone. We were among distracted stage directors taking care of fires(yes, fires) and strobe lights. I groaned when I saw Gunho catch up to me, but stopped to listen to what he had to say, since his manager hadn't followed him.

"Hey. I need you to tell me what you were talking about the other day."
I grimaced. "What was I talking to you about the other day?"
"Jihun."
Oh. "I wasn't saying anything about him... I- Uh— Ask him about his love life and... just ask him."
Just as he was about to retort, a man dressed in very similar clothes but a little shorter and bulkier smacked him on the shoulder. Really damn hard. Gunho winced and I turned to look at the man in alarm.
"Hey, what the f**k?"

He ignored me and spoke to Gunho. "Can you not be a little b***h for once and not wander off like that? Kahn was looking for you." He looked me up and down. "What, Gunho, are you trying to prove something to us? You know, this is why you're a useless little f***er. Even your little lackey has been getting sick of you, hasn't he?"
He grabbed Gunho by his wrist tightly and tried to pull him along. I reflexively smacked his arm, making the burly guy pull back in surprise.

He looked like he was going to retaliate, but stopped when a look of recognition passed over his face. "You! You got Kahn almost fired! You're the reason we've been suffering—" he took in a sharp breath and kneaded the bridge of his big nose. "Did you help her pull it off, Gunho? Wait till Kahn hears about this."

Gunho looked like he was going to protest but bit his words back, looking defeated.
Was this man seriously... bullying his own band mate? I guess you see something crazy every day?! I was at my wit's end with these two.

I snapped my fingers in front of the new man's face to direct his attention to me. "Hello. Over here, dumbass. Don't assume this useless stick helped me with anything. He's the one that needs help with whatever's going on up there. But don't hit or grab him like that, and stop trying to look so cool by talking to him like that. You're nothing but an unimpressive B-lister tonight. Try and work together instead, why don't you." 
I clamped my mouth shut, maybe realizing I'd said too much. I really say whatever the hell is on my mind when I'm agitated, huh? I walked away as quickly as possible, leaving two very frozen boys in my wake.

__________________
Gunho

I just stood there for a minute staring at Riti as she left to go down the hallway, before snorting with laughter. Youngjae, who was still standing there like an idiot, shook out of his trance and had a glowing anger in his eyes. He swung an arm to "lightly" smack me when he saw me laughing, but I was ready to dodge it this time. Seeing him so agitated made me burst into another fit of laughter, and once he'd stormed off in an angry huff, I had to wipe a tear and collect myself.

I had rarely heard him put in his place so effectively, and was momentarily grateful to that girl for doing it so well, even if she'd run off without giving me answers. But when I walked back to our group, I saw Jihun looking around for someone. Doubt it was me. I could guess he was in a secret relationship or something, based on that girl's words.