Chapter 9: Jimin's Day Out

Author's Note: Tried something a lil different this time. - Let me know what you think! Dude it took me forever b cause I'm trying to always stay a few chapters ahead but also I was at a competition for a few days this week. Anyway, enjoy!!
_______________________

By the time we finished, I had impressed Kang with my knowledge, however rudimentary, of Korean, and the marketing director took a liking to me because of my prior knowledge of their company's work as well. Well, I'm dedicated, I smirked to myself. After I shook hands with the director outside her door, I suddenly remembered and whipped my head around to see a silhouette quickly disappear from the door across the director's. I wasn't sure if I was imagining things, but it definitely looked like... yup. I pretended I had noticed nothing.

But just then, the marketing director said, very loudly, "Oh but you're coming back tomorrow! I'm so excited!" WHY SO LOUDLY? Kang and Mateo responded, pleased, but I laughed a little too strangely because I was nervous, and followed up with "I'm not sure when I'll see you again since I might not come tomorrow" I stressed, "but it was so great meeting you!"
Both she and Kang followed up with such strong responses that I almost cried from frustration. "No! What nonsense! You must come tomorrow! You're an unexpected ace at this. I hope you can run some interviews too!" I hoped against hope that the stowaway behind his manager's door did not hear that part, and followed my party to Kang's car outside. 

From the corner of my eye, I saw a figure in a long-sleeved shirt slink up behind a pillar as we started getting in the taxi, so I stuffed myself in first. I saw a black car parked behind us and assumed it was likely his, and was proven right when he used a side exit to run up and try and enter it from behind. Real subtle. Though I suppose I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't paying attention.

So as Kang and Mateo got into the taxi too, my head was craned to look at the car behind us. I quickly asked, "Are we done for the day?" Kang thought and said, "Yes, but we'll have a team dinner at 7 - we can leave together from the hotel." As I saw the car door behind us open, I sighed, "Great. I'll see you guys then." and promptly opened the door towards the street to sneak away. Mateo asked, "Where are you going?" And I yelled "Sightseeing!"

I closed the door behind him and squatted to try and get to the front of the car without catching attention. Though to my companions, I probably looked like a insane chicken as I took off without a consideration, aiming for the street with a few stores I saw up ahead.
___________________________
Mateo's POV

I watched in awe as I saw her duck and keep looking back as she rounded the car, Kang and I just sat there silently as we watched her do crazy things. Cute. "She's an interesting one." He muttered, and I suddenly jumped when I saw a very lean but fit looking guy in huge sunglasses and a bucket hat to my right. He was looking through the car window on my right where Riti just was. He tried not to look too suspicious so he slowly walked towards the street ahead, and after a few seconds, broke into a run in the same direction Riti was headed in.

I simply let out a sustained "uhhh...", and after a good thirty seconds, "Should we be concerned?" Kang laughed incredulously and asked, "Does she have her phone and our numbers?" "Yep." "Then nah."
_________________________
Jimin's POV

I think I knew the city well enough to guess where the weirdo was headed. When I spotted her, she had slowed down to a walk— probably thought she lost me. Why was she in the Bighit building? Did she... tell on me? Was she a reporter? Did she ask for a bribe? Why did my manager side-eye me that hard when we were in the room after he saw her? Did they know about Baekie and me? Did she have a photo of her cheating on me or what?! I slowed down to her pace but a good 10 feet behind her and heaved a big sigh.