Chapter 20: Airdrop

Jimin held Baek Hee's hand delicately, but she yanked it away and started removing her makeup in the mirror. Her glare was icy and angry.
"Baekie... I'm sorry I don't have that dress for you."
"I literally saw someone else in it today. Not even a star- just some random nobody! And you know what she said when I asked her where the dress was from? Clearance. So you lied to me."
Jimin looked taken aback for a moment. I gasped softly when it hit me and I looked down at my dress guiltily. I pulled the dress up and around me neck to see the tag. Of course- Chanel. Why didn't I notice that before?
"Clearance...? Look Baekie. It was probably a fake that some other company created. Sometimes these dresses all look the same, right?"
She whipped her head around and grumbled, "Is your taste really that poor?" And she stormed away to a little door that was either a changing room or a restroom, slamming the door behind her.
Jimin sighed and looked very troubled as he sunk into the couch in the middle of the room. I bit my lip and wracked my brain for a way to get out of there, or somehow return the dress. I looked at my dress and saw that it would definitely not pass as a fresh present without being washed anymore- especially after having worn it through a hectic day.

I gave up and stayed squatted, looking at my phone for any cracks or scratches. I saw a few unread messenger notifications, and accidentally opened the photo feature of the app when I checked it. I suddenly thought of a brilliant idea.
What if I wrote a message, and then threw my phone at him? Even if his girlfriend walked in she probably wouldn't care, and maybe just think he has several phones right?

I blacked out a picture on my phone and wrote a message on it, ready to throw my phone at him, but I stopped myself... because of how terrible the idea was. I huffed with frustration and swiped up to delete the picture message, when a little notification popped up halfway on the screen. AirDrop: Jiminnie.
________________________
Jimin's POV

I waited for Baekie while looking and feeling miserable and keeping an eye on the door to make sure nobody unwanted would barge in and ask questions. Suddenly my phone buzzed with a notification. I peered at it, and had to stop myself from screaming.
"This is Riti. Don't come but I'm stuck behind the clothing racks. You guys came in while I was looking for my phone back here."

I slowly turned my head to the rows of clothing racks with my horror clearly visible on my face, and saw a faint rustling among some clothes as a dark hand stuck out slightly and waved at me. I stood up and groaned, annoyed at her antics. The hand retracted when I heard the click of Baekie's door and I quickly turned my head to look at Baekie, not sure what I was feeling guilty about. My phone buzzed again and I saw another Airdropped message: "My dress! Give her my dress in that bag."

I looked at the bag in my other hand, I'd forgotten I was carrying it. But the problem was that in my rush I hadn't actually cleaned it. Not to mention, Baekie wanted something... better. Another message: "GIVE IT."

I was about to whine, but controlled myself. "Baekie... I know you wanted a really expensive, designer, one-of-a-kind dress..." I said aloud, hoping that Riti got my message. Almost instantly, another message airdropped. "Check the label."
I curiously ruffled through the bag to look at the label on the white dress... Yves Saint Laurent... "which is why, Baekie, I bought you this!" I held the bag out with a lopsided and nervous smile, "and chocolates?" She turned around from the mirror and came to me to grab them.

"But see, the problem is... I ruined the dress. I was eating ramen in my room and spilled it all over the dress not that long ago today," I took a breath and said loudly, "and I feel really guilty about it!" Another Airdrop: "It's cool, dude," in English over a dark selfie of her smiling. I gave a small chuckle and sent her an Airdrop myself, though it took me more time. "This is too hard. What's your kakaotalk ID"