Chapter 74: Encore, Where We Began

Two Days Later, Jimin
_______________

It was early in the morning when my alarm rang, and for some reason I had the energy to wake up right away. I was fidgety during breakfast, I was fidgety in the car, I was fidgety at the studio, and I was fidgety in the practice room. It was only noon when we were preparing for a show and we heard a knock on the practice room door. Bang PD peeked his head in and looked for me. We maintained eye contact for a few moments before he asked the stage director to excuse me for a bit.

I stepped outside and followed him to his office silently. I wondered if he'd forgiven me for my behavior yet. I felt guilty about talking back to him that day.
Once he'd taken a seat, he asked me to do the same.

"Jimin. I wanted to talk to you about the issue we went through. I know it's been resolved, but I think there was much said."
I nodded, ready for whatever he had to throw my way.

"I'm sorry."
I looked up in surprise. "Sir–"
"I'm sorry that I lashed out like that. I don't think you're ungrateful."
"I-I know! You don't have to apologize. I'm so sorry for what I said. You did raise Bangtan."
He smiled and patted my head. "That I did. I just didn't know everything was getting to you like this. It's just that no ordinary person can accomplish what you have done. So of course my expectations from you are high."

I slowly nodded.
But I had to say something. If not now, then I doubt I ever could. "I'm not superhuman though. I work hard but I can't throw everything away to go higher."

He sighed. "I understand that. Even if we weren't explicit, it was understood that dating wasn't really allowed when we wanted you to focus."
"I do want to focus. It's just that... I'm done holding back from doing the things I want to do because people idolize me as someone superhuman."
He sat still, thoughtful for a moment. "Do you regret continuing the contract this year?"

I shook my head fervently. "No, I wouldn't be who I am right now or know the people I know if it wasn't for Bangtan. Even if the moments of happiness were brief, they were real. But..." I looked at Bang PD, and he nodded to let me continue. 

"But I don't want to be perfect and untainted anymore. I think we're all a little tired of it. Someone told me that maybe in an attempt to preserve the moment I'm thinking in the short term. They were right."

"Jimin... I hope you know, we would support you. Just tell us what's on your mind."
I smiled and nodded. "Yes Bang PD sir."
He hugged me and ruffled my hair. "You were so young just yesterday. Now you're all growing up. Is there anything on your mind now?"

"No.. But if I find something else as important as Bangtan in my life, I'll tell you. I won't hold back."

He smiled and shoo'd me with his hand. "Alright. I'll trust you. Now go. Your manager is waiting in a car outside."
I furrowed my brows. "Manager? I have practice—"
He held up his hand to silence me. "Oh please. You look so agitated. My assistant contacted the researcher. The flight is in a few hours and she'll likely be at the airport early."

My eyes widened. "Bang PD..."
"Some things are a lot more evident than others, you can't hide it all from me. Go say goodbye properly."
"You did this for me?"
"Idiot. Everything I do is for you. Now hurry!"

I bowed in thanks and dashed out of the room to the garage. My manager didn't even say anything; he just grinned knowingly and started driving. Once we reached the airport, I went inside, not sure how I was supposed to find her. I couldn't get very far inside without a plane ticket either.

Then I smacked my forehead and remembered: Idiot, you're rich.
I went up to a kiosk and bought a cheap ticket to god-knows-where and went into the terminal. People looked at me a little strangely because of my lack of baggage, and I just hoped nobody would look too closely. I had a mask and cap on and my hair was a different color than the last event I'd performed at, but fans see through anything sometimes.

I walked towards the international terminal, and soon spotted Riti quite a ways away, sitting at a restaurant and watching people as they walked by. I took a moment to just to admire her.

To think that we'd come so far. 

She was clumsy, chubby, irrational, a little crazy... but to me she was the prettiest and cutest girl I had ever met. If we could have been together like normal people, I would probably have spent an equal amount of time arguing with her and doting on her. A part of me just wanted to sneak up behind her and tackle her in a big hug, maybe sit with her and hold her hand while she talked about the way she saw things around her. I shook my head with a laugh. Ridiculous, Jimin. She checked the time and got up to go towards the international departure gates. Oh

I started a little sprint down the airport hallway towards her, but was suddenly stopped by a security guard, who was eyeing me very suspiciously and blocking my path.

"Sir, why are you running? Can I see your plane ticket?" I ignored him and looked past the guard to see her back getting farther away.
Regardless of the crowded place we were in, I didn't even hesitate before yelling out this time. "Riti!"
I saw her stop and stand still for a moment.

The guard grabbed my arm and started dragging me along with him. Poor guy was probably confused and scared at me yelling.
I craned my neck to see her again. "Riti! Here!"
She whipped her head around and searched for my voice, finally spotting me. Her eyes became wide as soccer balls and her face brightened into a huge smile.

She immediately started running towards me, and the guard, who had been suspicious of us, just got more alarmed and called for backup. By the time Riti was reaching me, another officer was walking our way briskly. Without a care, Riti dropped her luggage, ran and jumped at me. I shook off the officer's grip so I could catch her in my arms, but stumbled back anyway.

I fell on my butt, with Riti's arms around my neck, and the two of us had melted into a pile of giggles.
"You came to say bye?"
"I guess I managed, somehow."