C H A P T E R 38

BACK TO US

Cramped, I was planning on just waiting until Samantha fell asleep then climb into bed with her

Cramped, I was planning on just waiting until Samantha fell asleep then climb into bed with her. Stretching contracted muscles and blinking a few times so my eyes could adjust in the dark, I found the bed empty and the light in the bathroom on. I got up and walked up the door but it suddenly opened then out walked Samantha. She moved out of the way thinking I was going to need to use it. I turned and grabbed her arm before she could get away from me.

"What else do you want me to do, Samantha?" She was acting like I wasn't even here with her.

"Nothing." She sighed and her shoulder slumped. "It's ov—"

I yanked her unto the bed and kissed her before she could say we're over. I held her face to me so she couldn't turn away. Her lips might get some bruising but I didn't ease up and gentle the kiss. Wanting to wash out and drown the words of rejections I know she'd say, I kissed her fiercely.

She was not kissing me but she was not pushing me away either. I never wanted to pull away from the minty taste of her lips but I did. I found her light blue eyes wide open and peering at me. My chest rose and fell in tune with hers.

"I'm sorry, Red." She didn't say anything. In her silence, I continued to talk.

"What are we doing?" My head dropped down beside her and I kissed her cheek and with my lips on her skin, "Do you want me gone? Is that what you really want? What are we doing, Samantha?"

Whatever she says from here on out, I'll honor them. If she wants me to walk, I'm walking, even if I wanted to stay... even when my heart was screaming at me to stay.

"I wasn't doing anything. You are." Her voice was a whisper. "Rather, you 'were' doing something but then you stopped." She was disappointed.

Did I hear that right?

"Wha—" I was confused.

"Why did you stop, Penelope?" Moving my head back, I saw fire deep in her cool blue eyes.

"You don't want me to stop?" I'm hoping this is what I think it is.

"Didn't I scream that out loud?"

"You weren't moving... I thought..."

"You said you were sorry a couple of times... So, I was trying to keep still until you showed me how sorry you are."

Am I hearing an invitation?

Samantha's eyes were lust hazed. "Apology not accepted then. We're still not making up." She made a move to push me but I beat her to it.

Signed, sealed and delivered.

On my knees, I quickly removed my shirt and threw it across the room. "I wasn't done apologizing, Red." Her hungry eyes were eating me up and it sent a shock of pleasure in between my thighs. She still wants me. We are so making up and doing a lot more than just make out.